The team never was as talented as the media suggested...

Spts1

Its simple.  Yes, on offense they have Ryan, Julio, Sanu, Freeman and had Coleman, Taylor, etc.  I think that made people look at the roster as being better overall than it was. I've always felt that. I took the compliment when they said the Falcons had the best or near the best roster in the league, but never really felt that way myself.  On defense, outside of Grady, Trufant, and Alford, ( i know thats controversial) i never bought into Deion Jones, Campbell and the rest of the crew.  Neal is alright but he wasn't particularly a better upgrade over Mo.  This season has proven that.  Its a overrated roster with a coach who was hoping he could make steak with hot dogs.  Now that Ryan and Julio are showing some signs of slowing down, you have a team that no longer can just force itself to victory with the talent it does have on offense.  Its a overrated roster that I agree with Chuck Smith, tear it down...

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Glad people are starting too see that. Ive said Debo dont look like the same LB. Not saying he still isnt Elite but In the run game he is getting pushed ( so is everyone) and it just seems like he is always a step behind. When before he would run stride for stride 

Oh, sideline to sideline, Debo was up there with the best.  Straight down hill,  Debo got exposed.  Teams have looked at the tape and see that you run STRAIGHT AT HIM because he is too small...

This team is like 2010 49ers with rah rah HC. IIRC, even guys like Pattrick WIllis were falling off that year after they quit on the HC. They went to NFCG next year and SB year after with Harbaugh. With the right coaches, this team isn't too far from playing at high level. They should get rid of some of the players getting paid this year especially on D. 

13 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Deion Jones is a very good player, he is just stuck doing it all by himself in the middle so he is the opposition teams #1 player to take out of the play aside from doubling Jarrett on the line.

Yeah. You can’t do it all by yourself. I also disagree with Alford and Trufant being talented. Both of those corners who came out of the 2013 draft for us, were nothing more than average. Trufant has only gone down south since his 2016 injury, and should have never been paid like the highest paid corner. He was never on the level as Richard Sherman, Josh Norman, or Jalen Ramsey, even in his pro bowl year. Trufant has only had 1 postseason trip in his 7 career seasons with the Falcons. While not all of it is his fault, we’ve been more bad than good with Trufant overall. Our best teams and last 2 division titles in 2012 and 2016, no Trufant. Deion Jones and Grady Jarrett have contributed the most on defense the last few years. Neal has also been one of our best guys but too bad he’s been hurt, and it has killed our defense.

Edited by mqg96