Chuck Smith Speaking About The Falcons

Knight of God

I really don't understand why and if you think MR is the problem. He is not perfect -secret (few are) but he has been a very good QB for years. He stays out of controversy but some just don't like him no matter what he does. TD has supplied him with some awful OL'S. Besides Shanny he hasn't had a great OC. Believe me we have way more problems than MR.

Your playing career is hinged on atleast 3 things. 1. Your physical body or attributes,  2. your heart or desire, and 3. other tangible things such as your coach, teammates, and outside luck.  Now Ryan only had 1 of the three and that was #2. He never had THAT coach or just GREAT teammates until now and his physical body was never really built to be so athletic to overcome his deficiencies. And now his desire is burnt out. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

And no ring......like Dalton. His MVP and SB appearance hasnt done a dang thang for me and my fandom. My team's trophy case still is empty, so screw his MVP award, SB appearance,  and him.

Do you like Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jeff Hosteletier and Trent Dilfer? Do you even know who these guys are?

Rebuild with Josh McDaniels from Bilechicks staff as Head Coach. As far as our next game,  the Cardinals will score 3 or 4 TD's with their QB. If our offense doesn't give Ryan time to pass we're going to lose the last winable game this season. Sad but true. :tiphat:

5 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I really don't understand why and if you think MR is the problem. He is not perfect -secret (few are) but he has been a very good QB for years. He stays out of controversy but some just don't like him no matter what he does. TD has supplied him with some awful OL'S. Besides Shanny he hasn't had a great OC. Believe me we have way more problems than MR.

Ryan is PART of the problem...

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Dalton sucks

Even Brees has had garbage stats. Especially during the Saints 3 year run as a 7-9 team.

Saints go 7-9 for 4 years out of a 5 year span...with a genius HC; albeit on Vicodin, with Brees in his prime.

But Matt does it last year and a handful of games with yet ANOTHER scheme/system change due to turnover at OC and people say move on from Ryan?

I wonder if fixing the Defense in New Orleans was only possible by letting Brees go?

It ain’t cap. It’s coaching and player selection.

Green Bay and New Orleans have a higher cap % on Offense than Atlanta.

Change. The. Coaching. On. This. Team. 

You have as good a set of weapons on offense; aside from lack of a run game. At least the 2016 D got some sacks and forced turnovers....

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Saints go 7-9 for 4 years out of a 5 year span...with a genius HC; albeit on Vicodin, with Brees in his prime.

But Matt does it last year and a handful of games with yet ANOTHER scheme/system change due to turnover at OC and people say move on from Ryan?

I wonder if fixing the Defense in New Orleans was only possible by letting Brees go?

It ain’t cap. It’s coaching and player selection.

Green Bay and New Orleans have a higher cap % on Offense than Atlanta.

Change. The. Coaching. On. This. Team. 

You have as good a set of weapons on offense; aside from lack of a run game. At least the 2016 D got some sacks and forced turnovers....

Bam! Drop the mic...thread over...great post

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Defense is clearly this team’s biggest issue, next to last in league in just about every defensive category. DQ must be thanking god for Miami.

As we’ve discussed, this team is the worst coached team in league so far this season. Yet threads and threads about firing TD and wanting a new owner To replace blank. So many threads throwing rocks at offensive players like Matt.

Truth is, most are just lame attempts to shift blame from the head coach by folks who went all-in on how great he was. 

Apparently, we are on pace to set the record for passer rating against.

The only team that might beat us? The Miami Dolphins. A team that gave up before the season started! LOL. 

Right!!! As he should!!! So, when you see Ryan going through the motions,  then you understand. He's collecting a paycheck like 95% of the team that's out there and that's it. His competitive spirit is dying and he's become a mindless robot. I'm sure he's out there thinking, " I wonder what the twins are doing right now" as he stares down Julio and try to force his pass into triple coverage. That is how life is. The game has passed Ryan by and he has moved on with life. Its us fans that try to hold on and make him the "Super hero" that he was when he would bring us back at the end of the game in Smitty days.

Ryan is that old dog that dont hunt anymore. Old yella. Ryan is Old Yella.

When I began reading your replies in this thread, I assumed that you would inject logic and have some validity to your arguments at some point.

It turns out that assume really does mean ”Make an *** out of you and me, ” and you are not only illogical, you are delusional, and possibly the only thing that you have injected is some sort of illicit substance.

Drugs not only kill, they make you write stupid ****e on message boards. 

Your playing career is hinged on atleast 3 things. 1. Your physical body or attributes,  2. your heart or desire, and 3. other tangible things such as your coach, teammates, and outside luck.  Now Ryan only had 1 of the three and that was #2. He never had THAT coach or just GREAT teammates until now and his physical body was never really built to be so athletic to overcome his deficiencies. And now his desire is burnt out. It is what it is.

If he had heart, he would have told Shanny to F himself and run the ball.

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap space alone makes you say what AB said. You gotta pay me so you may as well play me. 

I could be wrong about that though. It’s my understanding that dead cap space is the remaining guaranteed money owed. Which is why Arizona is still paying 3 qbs that aren’t on their roster this season

What would you do if we end up in a position to draft Jalen Hurts?  Would you consider it and maybe letting him sit and learn under Ryan?