Chuck Smith Speaking About The Falcons

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap s

There’s nothing wrong with Matt Ryan.  Half the teams in the league would love to have him.  

More like 3/4 of the league. Matt Ryan is a legit top 5 QB in the nfl

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Matt’s having it rough With the bad OL, but he’s still a Top 5 QB. 

And no running game. Maybe they should go to the outside zone rushing attack and roll him out to help out on pass rush. Either ways this offense should be able to put 25+ points. Can the defense stop the offenses is what will decide next few games. 

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep, and WR running wrong routes except for Hooper. I think O improved in HOU game. You should win games if you can score 25-30 points in the NFL. 

When you allow Will Fuller to go ham the way he did, you deserve to lose. The only thing that didn’t make his performance sting so bad is he did it off double digit catches and not 5-6 catches

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Changing the scheme to fit a mobile qb that still has a bad line(your words) is only going to lead to more and more qb hits and sacks. 

reality is Ryan has had a clean pocket for the most part of the past few games but he’s not getting help from the guys getting paid to catch the ball. You think a mobile qb is going to automatically change that? It doesn’t work like that man. 

what happened to him throwing it up and letting Sanu and Jones get it ?? He did that alot in 2016. 

and it depends on the scheme tbh. You can mask the line with great scheming. So far this team hasnt done that. You can tell by how angry Ryan gets when he gets sacked too much. He yells at o line. 

the running factor could open up some of those receivers as well. Defender caught looking in the backfield but i dont think you can put it all on receivers. Freeman is running bad so teams are playing coverage most of the time  

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

My 10 year old said the same thing after watching Superbowl 51 and Brees last year.

You dont have to even throw over 35 yards as Q.B.

As long as you and your O.C find a way to chip along within 30 yards.

Most of our 3rd & lungs are never over 20 yards anyway.

So wtf D.K and Ryan wanna throw bomb every play??

Yeah you really don’t. You can win with a short to mid range passing attack with occasional deeps. At the same time it helps to have a run game

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

When you allow Will Fuller to go ham the way he did, you deserve to lose. The only thing that didn’t make his performance sting so bad is he did it off double digit catches and not 5-6 catches

To add insult to injury, during the 2 min warning break. The WR and offense honored Will Fuller and they played music and dancing on the screen. It was Will Fuller's HOF moment. Fuller has been a big disappointment in HOU in short career and he had a career day.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Its the red zone high lights mentality. Everyone sees some exciting play the other QB made, not other snaps which were bad.  

Defense is clearly this team’s biggest issue, next to last in league in just about every defensive category. DQ must be thanking god for Miami.

As we’ve discussed, this team is the worst coached team in league so far this season. Yet threads and threads about firing TD and wanting a new owner To replace blank. So many threads throwing rocks at offensive players like Matt.

Truth is, most are just lame attempts to shift blame from the head coach by folks who went all-in on how great he was. 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

what happened to him throwing it up and letting Sanu and Jones get it ?? He did that alot in 2016. 

and it depends on the scheme tbh. You can mask the line with great scheming. So far this team hasnt done that. You can tell by how angry Ryan gets when he gets sacked too much. He yells at o line. 

the running factor could open up some of those receivers as well. Defender caught looking in the backfield but i dont think you can put it all on receivers. Freeman is running bad so teams are playing coverage most of the time  

This isn’t 2016. This isn’t the same scheme. Not the same offensive coordinator.  Gotta leave the past in the past

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

LMAO. Most of them will be gone. Willson is the only guy standing tall. Mariota, Dak? You gotta be kidding. Mahomes has a great start, outside that none of the QB can play with out good OL and Defense or run game carrying them. 

LOL you actually said they would be gone when they are franchise qbs for their teams smh. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Defense is clearly this team’s biggest issue, next to last in league in just about every defensive category. DQ must be thanking god for Miami.

yet so many threads throwing rocks at offensive players. 

Most of the stuff on Offense is nitpicking on them not being perfect. But you can't win many games if your D can manage forcing 1-2 punts in multiple games. 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

LOL you actually said they would be gone when they are franchise qbs for their teams smh. 

Many of them came from 2010, they did last 2-3 years or less and then became backups or left the NFL.  The only guy who is playing at the top level is Russell Wilson. Mahomes looks great, he just needs to stay healthy and consistent. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap space alone makes you say what AB said. You gotta pay me so you may as well play me. 

I could be wrong about that though. It’s my understanding that dead cap space is the remaining guaranteed money owed. Which is why Arizona is still paying 3 qbs that aren’t on their roster this season

I agree, this is critical. With how bad our D-line and secondary are, combined with our suspect O-line, we're a QB and skill players (offensively) away from being as bad as the Dolphins or worse. There's actually some horrible stats for the Falcons this year that are around the same as the Dolphins. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

To add insult to injury, during the 2 min warning break. The WR and offense honored Will Fuller and they played music and dancing on the screen. It was Will Fuller's HOF moment. Fuller has been a big disappointment in HOU in short career and he had a career day.

Which is why I won’t even tune in this Sunday. Kyler Murray currently has a 349 yard career high in yards and only 2 td career high. If they couldn’t touch Watson last week with that bad offensive line, I can’t pull myself to have faith it will be different this week. It won’t shock me to check the box score and see that Murray broke a rookie record. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Which is why I won’t even tune in this Sunday. Kyler Murray currently has a 349 yard career high in yards and only 2 td career high. If they couldn’t touch Watson last week with that bad offensive line, I can’t pull myself to have faith it will be different this week. It won’t shock me to check the box score and see that Murray broke a rookie record. 

Geno Smith agrees with you.

I feel like fans overrate every qb we play against because they see how great they look against our horrible defense. I guarantee if you put Ryan against our current defense that it would not be pretty.

And we don’t need a total rebuild. We have nice pieces on defense and offense. We need to get rid of the some of the overpaid defenders such as Beasley and Trufant. Get some young guys or vets that are hungry.

1 minute ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I feel like fans overrate every qb we play against because they see how great they look against our horrible defense. I guarantee if you put Ryan against our current defense that it would not be pretty.

And we don’t need a total rebuild. We have nice pieces on defense and offense. We need to get rid of the some of the overpaid defenders such as Beasley and Trufant. Get some young guys or vets that are hungry.

Common sense not very common in TAFT.

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Many of them came from 2010, they did last 2-3 years or less and then became backups or left the NFL.  The only guy who is playing at the top level is Russell Wilson. Mahomes looks great, he just needs to stay healthy and consistent. 

umm the guys i mentioned came into the league no more than 5 years ago.