Chuck Smith Speaking About The Falcons

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap s

There’s nothing wrong with Matt Ryan.  Half the teams in the league would love to have him.  

More like 3/4 of the league. Matt Ryan is a legit top 5 QB in the nfl

11 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

You give Wentz the talent that Ryan has been surrounded with on offense.  I used to feel the same way about Wentz.  Couldn't figure out what it was about him that the media was hyping, UNTIL I saw him against Atlanta.  Its not the passing yardage, its the IT factor.  Wentz is a player.

He does have that kind of talent and a decent offensive line and better scheme.

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That mobility sure doesn’t prevent them from getting smacked. Russell has been sacked over 300 times in his career. Watson is headed that way fast at this current rate. One thing those 2 share is they are smart. You can’t say the same for every mobile qb. Lawrence would be the best option with a high pick. 

doubt the high pick lol this team will end up right in the middle. I wish they could draft him and develop him for about two years. At that point Ryan will. be 38 Well yeahh thats true. You gotta put Mahomes up there too,  not sure of Dak yet. 

Just now, caponine said:

True  but the game against Detroit, he carried that team to a win tbh. They have the ability to move around the pocket so fluidly and still make clutch throws. I know your rebuttal will be the Colts but i cant say that was mahomes. Every team has an off game. 

Do you think Ryan is still playing at a high level?? Im just thinking of some of these sacks and ints he’s thrown. Ive thought “ what if Wilson was back there”. Thats the beauty of it. On crucial downs when the team needs a firsr down. They cover everybody and guard the sticks because they know no one fears Ryan running. Titans didnt , Colts didnt and Houston definitely didnt 

Most of those yards came late when they were behind in the Detroit game. Wasn’t that game won off of a defensive td. 

If you truly think Ryan is the problem I don’t know what to tell you man. He can only take what’s given to him. He’s forced some throws, but guess what, every qb does. Julio, Ridley and Sanu are not doing a good job of getting separation and open consistently so the QB has to make a decision. Can’t just throw every ball thrown out of bounds. Then when he takes matters in his hands and runs appropriately you say he has happy feet. 

I think your biggest issue is exactly what you said and your mind is simply made up. You’re tired of traditional qb play and you want something fresh. Usually when a persons mind is made up they find every reason not to like the present and that’s exactly what you’re doing here. Look around at the bigger picture and you’ll see Ryan only deserves a portion of the blame, dam sure doesn’t deserve it all like you guys are putting on him

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

They are just saying exactly what ive been saying all year.. And I agree, we have to have a total rebuild and its time to start now. We've got to find a way to offlaod Ryan and rebuild our defense while reconstructing our entire coaching staff

Reconstruction never goes well in the NFL, well not even close too as well as you would think. Works for the NBA, MLB, that rebuild stuff don't work in the NFL. Teams starts to rebuild, almost a decade later they still "rebuilding".

3 hours ago, Spts1 said:

You give Wentz the talent that Ryan has been surrounded with on offense.  I used to feel the same way about Wentz.  Couldn't figure out what it was about him that the media was hyping, UNTIL I saw him against Atlanta.  Its not the passing yardage, its the IT factor.  Wentz is a player.

Maybe someday, my point is he’s not there yet, and neither is Watson. Come on.

Are you basing these on watching them against our terrible D? surprised you didn’t include Brissett and Mariota on your list, LOL. 

And again, LMAO at Dak. 

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

doubt the high pick lol this team will end up right in the middle. I wish they could draft him and develop him for about two years. At that point Ryan will. be 38 Well yeahh thats true. You gotta put Mahomes up there too,  not sure of Dak yet. 

Dak is the garbage time king. They’re trying to force him to earn that long term deal he seeks and since he’s started playing legit defenses look at his performances. 

Mahomes, like Ryan, can only do so much. Like I said earlier, his current crop of receivers can’t even beat press coverage. He even said it out of his own mouth. He’s only going to be able to do so much to help them win. Andy Reid isn’t going to purposely put his qb in harms way like Harbaugh does with Jackson. He needs his receivers to do their jobs just like everyone else

27 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Exactly, We have Mike Singletary type HC. Get a new offensive-minded fresh young coach and a proven DC, this team can do some serious damage with the core pieces. 

Agreed.

As usual, a whole lotta Recency bias going on in this thread. We’ve got a talented team on offense.

Back to topic. This interview was after the Tennesse game, I would love to here the one after Houston. For those who couldn't watch. Here is an overview of what Chuck Smith actually said. 

1. Can DQ fix the team? 

It's easy to fix Offense, Dirk Koetter needs to adjust some protection, running game and other tweaks. 

The defense can't be fixed. Too many problems even with veteran guys and leaders on the D. 

2. I didn't think Marriotta could pass like that, Falcons D made him look very good. 

3. Blasted Trufant for bad angles and tackling. Said Oliver is a bigger disaster. 

4. Ripped the pass rush as usual. 

He thinks the D is lost cause and Offense can fix, which they did in HOU game. 

Back to topic. This interview was after the Tennesse game, I would love to here the one after Houston. For those who couldn't watch. Here is an overview of what Chuck Smith actually said. 

1. Can DQ fix the team? 

It's easy to fix Offense, Dirk Koetter needs to adjust some protection, running game and other tweaks. 

The defense can't be fixed. Too many problems even with veteran guys and leaders on the D. 

2. I didn't think Marriotta could pass like that, Falcons D made him look very good. 

3. Blasted Trufant for bad angles and tackling. Said Oliver is a bigger disaster. 

4. Ripped the pass rush as usual. 

He thinks the D is lost cause and Offense can fix, which they did in HOU game. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Most of those yards came late when they were behind in the Detroit game. Wasn’t that game won off of a defensive td. 

If you truly think Ryan is the problem I don’t know what to tell you man. He can only take what’s given to him. He’s forced some throws, but guess what, every qb does. Julio, Ridley and Sanu are not doing a good job of getting separation and open consistently so the QB has to make a decision. Can’t just throw every ball thrown out of bounds. Then when he takes matters in his hands and runs appropriately you say he has happy feet. 

I think your biggest issue is exactly what you said and your mind is simply made up. You’re tired of traditional qb play and you want something fresh. Usually when a persons mind is made up they find every reason not to like the present and that’s exactly what you’re doing here. Look around at the bigger picture and you’ll see Ryan only deserves a portion of the blame, dam sure doesn’t deserve it all like you guys are putting on him

im not putting it all on him though, when i say happy feet. i mean happy feet in the pocket. He use to hang in there but now he’s starting to hear those footsteps now. And gets it out as quick as possible. I dont blame him solely im just saying. 7 ints through 5 weeks is definitely concerning. 

and no its not, yeah i said we needed something fresh but never said i didnt like Ryan. Atlanta always has bad o lines thats probably not going to change. So you change the scheme maybe, to fit a mobile qb.

1 minute ago, caponine said:

im not putting it all on him though, when i say happy feet. i mean happy feet in the pocket. He use to hang in there but now he’s starting to hear those footsteps now. And gets it out as quick as possible. I dont blame him solely im just saying. 7 ints through 5 weeks is definitely concerning. 

and no its not, yeah i said we needed something fresh but never said i didnt like Ryan. Atlanta always has bad o lines thats probably not going to change. So you change the scheme maybe, to fit a mobile qb.

Changing the scheme to fit a mobile qb that still has a bad line(your words) is only going to lead to more and more qb hits and sacks. 

reality is Ryan has had a clean pocket for the most part of the past few games but he’s not getting help from the guys getting paid to catch the ball. You think a mobile qb is going to automatically change that? It doesn’t work like that man. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dak is the garbage time king. They’re trying to force him to earn that long term deal he seeks and since he’s started playing legit defenses look at his performances. 

Mahomes, like Ryan, can only do so much. Like I said earlier, his current crop of receivers can’t even beat press coverage. He even said it out of his own mouth. He’s only going to be able to do so much to help them win. Andy Reid isn’t going to purposely put his qb in harms way like Harbaugh does with Jackson. He needs his receivers to do their jobs just like everyone else

i think Dak is folding under pressure of trying to live up to that potential contract.  

I think when Tyreek Hill comes vack so will that offense. Not sure if they are missing anybody else on offense but Hill, Kelce and Mahomes is a whole lot harder to defend then Kelce and Mahomes and the other receiver , forgot his name  

20 minutes ago, caponine said:

uhhh no Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Murray, Josh Allen, Marcus Mariota, Prescott,etc. I disagree tbh 

LMAO. Most of them will be gone. Willson is the only guy standing tall. Mariota, Dak? You gotta be kidding. Mahomes has a great start, outside that none of the QB can play with out good OL and Defense or run game carrying them. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Changing the scheme to fit a mobile qb that still has a bad line(your words) is only going to lead to more and more qb hits and sacks. 

reality is Ryan has had a clean pocket for the most part of the past few games but he’s not getting help from the guys getting paid to catch the ball. You think a mobile qb is going to automatically change that? It doesn’t work like that man. 

Yep, and WR running wrong routes except for Hooper. I think O improved in HOU game. You should win games if you can score 25-30 points in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

LMAO. Most of them will be gone. Willson is the only guy standing tall. Mariota, Dak? You gotta be kidding. Mahomes has a great start, outside that none of the QB can play with out good OL and Defense or run game carrying them. 

SMH. Most of those guys he mentioned are bottom 10 QBs.

Turning into a troll has rotted his brains out.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The only thing they need to do is stop trying to force Matt to throw 40+ downfield to Julio. Just keep the **** simple and draw up short and medium routes. I know Matt can throw that far so no one has to come in here showing a clip from last season. 

leave all that 50-60 yard bomb stuff to the young qbs with the super strong arms and play smart. You don’t see Brees, Brady, and Rivers OC trying to force them to do too much. Dirk or whoever else it will be needs to take a page from that book. Don’t need that home run play every possession. 

My 10 year old said the same thing after watching Superbowl 51 and Brees last year.

You dont have to even throw over 35 yards as Q.B.

As long as you and your O.C find a way to chip along within 30 yards.

Most of our 3rd & lungs are never over 20 yards anyway.

So wtf D.K and Ryan wanna throw bomb every play??