Chuck Smith Speaking About The Falcons

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap s

There’s nothing wrong with Matt Ryan.  Half the teams in the league would love to have him.  

More like 3/4 of the league. Matt Ryan is a legit top 5 QB in the nfl

Just now, caponine said:

need a mobile qb, time to get with the present. Matt Ryan is so slow and un athletic.  I said Lawrence or Hurts, i didnt even mention Tua. Hurts has come a long way from his days at Bama. He has worked on his mechanics and throwing 

I didn’t say you mentioned Tua. Tuas name has been mentioned a lot so I said his name. It’s hard to tell if Hurts has actually made strides or not cause they have played absolutely no one. Today will be his biggest test since leaving Bama. Mechanics and Throwing are just 2 things that go into playing QB. Also, being mobile isn’t a complete necessity. Still have to be able to play at a high level outside of running. Lamar Jackson worked on those things to and look at him as a passer against legit defenses. 

32 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Absolutely, we definitely need a good athletic qb that a top hc will want to come to Atlanta and work with.. I dont know of any head coaches that will be willing to come to Atlanta and try to make a team work around a aging Ryan

thats the point,  they’re not. His accuracy is starting to fall off and his questionable decision making recently. He gets happy feet too much now. which means he’s scared 

14 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I think the defensive players alone are forcing teams to seek out mobile qb's.. These guys are big and fast now, pocket passers and non athletic qb's are becoming a thing of the past.. If you're going to be a successful qb going forward in the NFL youve got to be able to move.. Not to mention, these qb's coming out of college now are more refined than 10 years ago.. Draft one on a rookie deal and build a defense.. Thats the winning trend the NFL has become 

THIS.  I've said this in several threads.  Andy Reid has shown the league that you CAN implement college concepts at the pro level and succeed.  He has taken the college spreads and RPOS plays to another level.  General Managers are seeing it and now want to draft college quarterbacks who excel in those offenses and bring in coaches who know how to coach it.  A HUGE part of this is having a quarterback who can stress the defense in short yardage and redzone with his running ability. Thats a huge reason why Ryan's value has dropped on the open market, which Jason La Canfora pointed out in that article in the Chuck Smith thread.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap space alone makes you say what AB said. You gotta pay me so you may as well play me. 

I could be wrong about that though. It’s my understanding that dead cap space is the remaining guaranteed money owed. Which is why Arizona is still paying 3 qbs that aren’t on their roster this season

now now, there you go with all them 'facts' in another whiner thread. whiners don't care about facts, they just care about their feelings....

:tiphat:

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

thats the point,  they’re not. His accuracy is starting to fall off and his questionable decision making recently. He gets happy feet too much now. which means he’s scared 

What do you think a mobile QB is gonna do lol. You wanna take as few hits as possible as a QB. Don’t wanna end up like Deshaun Watson and just stand there and take it

Smith is right Falcons need a complete tear down and no one that is currently in front office needs to have any part of it, like I said in my earlier post, everyone from mcKay on down needs to go,  their vision is dated and they clearly cant build a consistantly competitive product in today's NFL, Falcons need a young Team President/GM and someone who can build a team from the inside (o-line/d-line) out, anyone can draft WRs, RB, and QB. And no more d line head coaches, we need a offensive minded coach, David Shaw, Kellen Moore, etc.. but not some retread like Koetter who is at a different team every year. Falcons need to ditch the stupid Brotherhood rah rah and Rise up and do a complete tear down and rebrand. We need a new QB because whether he is good or not Ryan just needs to go. He will never win one here so give him a chance somewhere else. New product new hope, nothing about this current team is exciting and give us the fans any hope. It is a stale product that you know is going to do nothing but let you down when it counts. Julio doesnt practice, our stars on defense are always hurt because they are undersized, our draft picks always flop. How as a fan am I supposed to get excited about Vic beasley this Sunday? Tak? Jake Matthews? I mean come on draft pick after draft pick of basically nothing. None of our players make you as a fan excited. Julio maybe 4 years ago but now he's done, so is Freeman. It's like watching a old aging team that cant win what's the fun in that, like watching the Lions when they had Stafford and Calvin Johnson and that was it, we are right now basically the same team. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I didn’t say you mentioned Tua. Tuas name has been mentioned a lot so I said his name. It’s hard to tell if Hurts has actually made strides or not cause they have played absolutely no one. Today will be his biggest test since leaving Bama. Mechanics and Throwing are just 2 things that go into playing QB. Also, being mobile isn’t a complete necessity. Still have to be able to play at a high level outside of running. Lamar Jackson worked on those things to and look at him as a passer against legit defenses. 

when those plays break down, and you have a qb that can turn a 4th down to first down thats amazing. We have seen many times where Ryan cant do that. He always ends up throwing it away or taking a sack. Like against Houston and Tennessee. He looked so slow in the pocket.

I agree , but it is a good start, when he was at Bama , he couldnt throw at all. He was just an athlete. Still has a lot to work on like you said but he is going in the right direction. Would like to take a chance on him wnd develop him and see what he can do. Who do they play ??

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

why him though ?? 

I didn't think he would be as good as what I've seen of him this season at Ohio State.  Better running ability than Hurts and Lawrence because he is faster and more elusive than both of them.  What really shocked me is his arm.  I thought Lawrence had the clear cut best arm coming out over the next few seasons but Justin has the better arm.  

Just now, caponine said:

when those plays break down, and you have a qb that can turn a 4th down to first down thats amazing. We have seen many times where Ryan cant do that. He always ends up throwing it away or taking a sack. Like against Houston and Tennessee. He looked so slow in the pocket.

I agree , but it is a good start, when he was at Bama , he couldnt throw at all. He was just an athlete. Still has a lot to work on like you said but he is going in the right direction. Would like to take a chance on him wnd develop him and see what he can do. Who do they play ??

Is it Ryan not doing his job or others not doing theirs? I’m not even a Ryan fanboy like that but I’m not gonna sit here and pretend that’s all on him. 

I’ve already answered that question in another post. Long story short no I wouldn’t take a chance on him. He may go somewhere and have success but I wouldn’t be the one to take him

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

What do you think a mobile QB is gonna do lol. You wanna take as few hits as possible as a QB. Don’t wanna end up like Deshaun Watson and just stand there and take it

They can also do what Deshaun did and Murray and Jackson or Wilson can avoid a sack like Ryan does but instead of throwing it away , turn it into a big gain running. For that reason alone, mobile qbs are becoming a hot commodity 

3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Smith is right Falcons need a complete tear down and no one that is currently in front office needs to have any part of it, like I said in my earlier post, everyone from mcKay on down needs to go,  their vision is dated and they clearly cant build a consistantly competitive product in today's NFL, Falcons need a young Team President/GM and someone who can build a team from the inside (o-line/d-line) out, anyone can draft WRs, RB, and QB. And no more d line head coaches, we need a offensive minded coach, David Shaw, Kellen Moore, etc.. but not some retread like Koetter who is at a different team every year. Falcons need to ditch the stupid Brotherhood rah rah and Rise up and do a complete tear down and rebrand. We need a new QB because whether he is good or not Ryan just needs to go. He will never win one here so give him a chance somewhere else. New product new hope, nothing about this current team is exciting and give us the fans any hope. It is a stale product that you know is going to do nothing but let you down when it counts. Julio doesnt practice, our stars on defense are always hurt because they are undersized, our draft picks always flop. How as a fan am I supposed to get excited about Vic beasley this Sunday? Tak? Jake Matthews? I mean come on draft pick after draft pick of basically nothing. None of our players make you as a fan excited. Julio maybe 4 years ago but now he's done, so is Freeman. It's like watching a old aging team that cant win what's the fun in that, like watching the Lions when they had Stafford and Calvin Johnson and that was it, we are right now basically the same team. 

THIS.  I've said this in previous threads.  Nobody cares what Ryan or Julio does anymore in Atlanta.  The empty seats prove that...

I like Chuck Smith but we don't need a total rebuild. That takes years and luck. You think fans are willing to lose and play poorly for 

3-5 years? No what we need is a different mindset. Maybe get TD away from any personnel decisions. Maybe DQ and get a new DC and OC. Get rid of undeperforming vets. Be willing to take some chances.

7 hours ago, Spts1 said:

top 5?  Ryan cracks my top 10 but he is no where near a top 5.  

1. Mahomes

2. Watson

3. Wilson

4. Brady

5. Wentz

6. Prescott

7. Jackson

8. Brees ( healthy)

9. Rodgers

10. Ryan

Brady’s not a Top 5 QB anymore...and Wentz never was one. 

And LOL at Prescott and Jackson. What an embarrassingly bad list!

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Is it Ryan not doing his job or others not doing theirs? I’m not even a Ryan fanboy like that but I’m not gonna sit here and pretend that’s all on him. 

I’ve already answered that question in another post. Long story short no I wouldn’t take a chance on him. He may go somewhere and have success but I wouldn’t be the one to take him

mehhh Ryan cant escape the pocket tbh. Watson and Wilson havent had the best O Lines but they are still able to produce. They have the ability to run with the ball. It makes all the difference.

Idk man, guess im just tired of the traditional drop back and pass qbs. Only so much you can do with Ryan. 

Just now, caponine said:

They can also do what Deshaun did and Murray and Jackson or Wilson can avoid a sack like Ryan does but instead of throwing it away , turn it into a big gain running. For that reason alone, mobile qbs are becoming a hot commodity 

The biggest asset mobile qbs offer is a cannon for an arm. Being able to run with a cannon doesn’t mean anything in the endgame. Mahomes receivers can’t even beat press coverage, his mobility alone isn’t going to win them games, especially not a super bowl. 

Like I said being mobile is one thing, you still have to be able to play at a high level when it really matters on the NFL. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Brady’s not a Top 5 QB anymore...and Wentz never was one. 

And LOL at Prescott. 

You give Wentz the talent that Ryan has been surrounded with on offense.  I used to feel the same way about Wentz.  Couldn't figure out what it was about him that the media was hyping, UNTIL I saw him against Atlanta.  Its not the passing yardage, its the IT factor.  Wentz is a player.

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I would draft Hurts becasue of his size and mobility, reminds me of a McNair. Plus he has good work ethic and is not a clown. He's a class act. Would not take Jake Fromm because he is just like Ryan a pocket passer who cant run when he needs to. 

Facts!! Hurts is raw but if you tap into that potential. Kid is going to be a pretty good qb in the nfl

4 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I like Chuck Smith but we don't need a total rebuild. That takes years and luck. You think fans are willing to lose and play poorly for 

3-5 years? No what we need is a different mindset. Maybe get TD away from any personnel decisions. Maybe DQ and get a new DC and OC. Get rid of undeperforming vets. Be willing to take some chances.

Exactly, We have Mike Singletary type HC. Get a new offensive-minded fresh young coach and a proven DC, this team can do some serious damage with the core pieces. 

We could have drafted Lamar Jackson instead of Calvin Ridley, we already had Sanu, just saying,  and someone on this post has Jackson as 7th best in NFL. Wow I think that was a bigger mistake than taking Beasley.  Bet you more people would be at the Dome this weekend watching Lamar Jackson run around in a Falcons uniform than Frankenstein Ryan. 

21 minutes ago, caponine said:

need a mobile qb, time to get with the present. Matt Ryan is so slow and un athletic.  I said Lawrence or Hurts, i didnt even mention Tua. Hurts has come a long way from his days at Bama. He has worked on his mechanics and throwing 

Mobile QB don't do any better than pocket passers. Sure you have an exception like Russell Wilson but outside of that , its like 1-2 hit wonders. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

The biggest asset mobile qbs offer is a cannon for an arm. Being able to run with a cannon doesn’t mean anything in the endgame. Mahomes receivers can’t even beat press coverage, his mobility alone isn’t going to win them games, especially not a super bowl. 

Like I said being mobile is one thing, you still have to be able to play at a high level when it really matters on the NFL. 

True  but the game against Detroit, he carried that team to a win tbh. They have the ability to move around the pocket so fluidly and still make clutch throws. I know your rebuttal will be the Colts but i cant say that was mahomes. Every team has an off game. 

Do you think Ryan is still playing at a high level?? Im just thinking of some of these sacks and ints he’s thrown. Ive thought “ what if Wilson was back there”. Thats the beauty of it. On crucial downs when the team needs a firsr down. They cover everybody and guard the sticks because they know no one fears Ryan running. Titans didnt , Colts didnt and Houston definitely didnt 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

mehhh Ryan cant escape the pocket tbh. Watson and Wilson havent had the best O Lines but they are still able to produce. They have the ability to run with the ball. It makes all the difference.

Idk man, guess im just tired of the traditional drop back and pass qbs. Only so much you can do with Ryan. 

That mobility sure doesn’t prevent them from getting smacked. Russell has been sacked over 300 times in his career. Watson is headed that way fast at this current rate. One thing those 2 share is they are smart. You can’t say the same for every mobile qb. Lawrence would be the best option with a high pick.