Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight of God

Chuck Smith Speaking About The Falcons

251 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

They are just saying exactly what ive been saying all year.. And I agree, we have to have a total rebuild and its time to start now. We've got to find a way to offlaod Ryan and rebuild our defense while reconstructing our entire coaching staff

The offense is fine. The offensive line needs time to gel. We do need a running back. Could be Ollison or Smith. Defense I think we could fix in the draft and Free agency. 

40 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

They are just saying exactly what ive been saying all year.. And I agree, we have to have a total rebuild and its time to start now. We've got to find a way to offlaod Ryan and rebuild our defense while reconstructing our entire coaching staff

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap space alone makes you say what AB said. You gotta pay me so you may as well play me. 

I could be wrong about that though. It’s my understanding that dead cap space is the remaining guaranteed money owed. Which is why Arizona is still paying 3 qbs that aren’t on their roster this season

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement. The dead cap space alone makes you say what AB said. You gotta pay me so you may as well play me. 

I could be wrong about that though. It’s my understanding that dead cap space is the remaining guaranteed money owed. Which is why Arizona is still paying 3 qbs that aren’t on their roster this season

You're correct and i know, im just saying what i wish could happen. AB is too loyal to Ryan any way, im almost certain we'll have to stomach Ryan playing out his entire contract as long as AB is in control. Same reason we'll get another cheerleader coach, AB is a smart wealthy man.. He just dosnt have a killer instinct when it comes to football 

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You're correct and i know, im just saying what i wish could happen. AB is too loyal to Ryan any way, im almost certain we'll have to stomach Ryan playing out his entire contract as long as AB is in control. Same reason we'll get another cheerleader coach, AB is a smart wealthy man.. He just dosnt have a killer instinct when it comes to football 

The only thing they need to do is stop trying to force Matt to throw 40+ downfield to Julio. Just keep the **** simple and draw up short and medium routes. I know Matt can throw that far so no one has to come in here showing a clip from last season. 

leave all that 50-60 yard bomb stuff to the young qbs with the super strong arms and play smart. You don’t see Brees, Brady, and Rivers OC trying to force them to do too much. Dirk or whoever else it will be needs to take a page from that book. Don’t need that home run play every possession. 

19 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Blank is loyal to all of his stars. Ryan has not regressed. He's just in a prove it offense, with a OL that's not equipped for it. It's like one of the guys from these boards are calling plays, trying to prove that we can throw the deep ball. This is why I always call it Madden Logic. We all know that Julio is fast, but we shouldn't have to run him 50 yards down the field to prove it. Football is science and math. A receiver that runs a 4.3 40 yard hash, with a QB in the shotgun. QB gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds, it's 40 yards down the field to meet the receiver. Two factors: The receiver is thrown off of his route, or the QB flushed out of the pocket. Mobile QB or not. At this point, the only success would be bad coverage or a broken run.

48 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Y’all begging for that right now, gonna be wishing it never happened in the end. The best thing to do is to go ahead and draft a capable replacement and go the full Aaron Rodgers route. The dead cap space alone makes you say what AB said. You gotta pay me so you may as well play me. 

should really draft Ryan’s replacement next year. He dont have many good years left too me. You can see him starting to regress a little slowly. Draft Trevor Lawrence or Jalen Hurts too develop

Edited by caponine
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

16 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

There’s nothing wrong with Matt Ryan.  Half the teams in the league would love to have him.  

There’s nothing wrong with Matt Ryan.  Half the teams in the league would love to have him (as a backup) 

Fixed it :slick:

I know you're probably just kidding about that, unless you're not realistically factoring in his salary also? 

Chaz likes this

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

should really draft Ryan’s replacement next year. He dont have many good years left too me. You can see him starting to regress a little slowly. Draft Trevor Lawrence or Jalen Hurts too develop

Absolutely, we definitely need a good athletic qb that a top hc will want to come to Atlanta and work with.. I dont know of any head coaches that will be willing to come to Atlanta and try to make a team work around a aging Ryan

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

11 minutes ago, caponine said:

I honestly don’t see what you guys see in Tua or Hurts. I posted Tuas combined stat line against legit defenses(he’s only played 3 great defenses) and the results aren’t that great. I’m not even gonna bother looking up Hurts cause I feel they may be similar. But I get the hype. I just don’t buy into it. That’s the trend the league is turning to slowly. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I honestly don’t see what you guys see in Tua or Hurts. I posted Tuas combined stat line against legit defenses(he’s only played 3 great defenses) and the results aren’t that great. I’m not even gonna bother looking up Hurts cause I feel they may be similar. But I get the hype. I just don’t buy into it. That’s the trend the league is turning to slowly. 

I think the defensive players alone are forcing teams to seek out mobile qb's.. These guys are big and fast now, pocket passers and non athletic qb's are becoming a thing of the past.. If you're going to be a successful qb going forward in the NFL youve got to be able to move.. Not to mention, these qb's coming out of college now are more refined than 10 years ago.. Draft one on a rookie deal and build a defense.. Thats the winning trend the NFL has become 

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Tua is cheeks. That dude be out there playing Madden. He makes up his mind where he's throwing before the snap and just chucks it up there. Aint too much thinking going on between those ears

22 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

There’s nothing wrong with Matt Ryan.  Half the teams in the league would love to have him.  

Matt Ryan is NOT an issue.  I was never a big Matt Ryan fan (not personal but just prefer more dynamic QBs) BUT this team can win with him (saw it in 2016).  When Matt has time, he will pick NFL Ds apart but he seldom has that time and way too often penalties happen when he does.   That said, one has to wonder if someone else would be a better solution but his contract makes any other consideration pure fantasy.    This team's two biggest issues are a questionable offensive scheme that shows little creativity to get playmakers open and a defense that looks like we have 4-5 rookies playing on every down. 

16 minutes ago, caponine said:

Justin Fields in a couple of seasons is the better option of those three...

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

More like 3/4 of the league.

Matt Ryan is a legit top 5 QB in the nfl

Have you been watching the games? And please dont dig up stats from 5 years ago.. We're talking about whats happening today

Chaz likes this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Have you been watching the games? And please dont dig up stats from 5 years ago.. We're talking about whats happening today

You mean like the colts game where he missed on 5 passes the entire game amd had 3 tds and no interceptions?

Or the Texans game where he and the offense made it a 1 score game with about 3 minutes left to play.???

Yes I have

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I think the defensive players alone are forcing teams to seek out mobile qb's.. These guys are big and fast now, pocket passers and non athletic qb's are becoming a thing of the past.. If you're going to be a successful qb going forward in the NFL youve got to be able to move.. Not to mention, these qb's coming out of college now are more refined than 10 years ago.. Draft one on a rookie deal and build a defense.. Thats the winning trend the NFL has become 

Honestly, and I know I’ll be called crazy, I would rather take someone who’s college teams success didn’t make them out to be more than what they actually are. Andy struck gold with Mahomes despite having a great team in college. Daniel Jones is another one who I think is going to be special once he’s given the proper tools to be successful. Then again he just needs what he has to stay healthy and Let them build up that defense

5 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

Tua is cheeks. That dude be out there playing Madden. He makes up his mind where he's throwing before the snap and just chucks it up there. Aint too much thinking going on between those ears

Yeah I agree. He gets away with it because there’s no competition and his guys are usually gonna win their matchups, that is until they actually play someone

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

More like 3/4 of the league.

Matt Ryan is a legit top 5 QB in the nfl

top 5?  Ryan cracks my top 10 but he is no where near a top 5.  

1. Mahomes

2. Watson

3. Wilson

4. Brady

5. Wentz

6. Prescott

7. Jackson

8. Brees ( healthy)

9. Rodgers

10. Ryan

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

3 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

top 5?  Ryan cracks my top 10 but he is no where near a top 5.  

1. Mahomes

2. Watson

3. Wilson

4. Brady

5. Wentz

6. Prescott

7. Jackson

8. Brees ( healthy)

9. Rodgers

10. Ryan

The fact that you put Wentz above him tells me all that I need to know

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

need a mobile qb, time to get with the present. Matt Ryan is so slow and un athletic.  I said Lawrence or Hurts, i didnt even mention Tua. Hurts has come a long way from his days at Bama. He has worked on his mechanics and throwing 

Chaz likes this