Osiruz

DQ could be fired as soon as sunday

138 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

SB53 MVP = Julian Edelman - he is not exactly cheap and Tom Brady also relied on a high-priced TE Rob Gronkowski who was more a WR

Thank you for proving my point. Julian Edleman is not, in any realistic estimation, a superstar WR on the level of Julio Jones, Antonio Brown (pre-meltdown), OBJ, Deandre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, etc., etc. Gronk was, as you said, a TE, NOT a WR. Gronk was a true TE, and an important part of the Pat's running game as a punishing blocker.

Osiruz likes this

• 5 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:
    • SB53 MVP = Julian Edelman - he is not exactly cheap and Tom Brady also relied on a high-priced TE Rob Gronkowski who was more a WR
    • The difference between the Patriots last year (this year?) and us is they also have a superior defense and much cheaper options at RB (Sony Michel & James White vs. Devonta Freeman & Ito Smith).  It also does help them that their QB has a rich spouse and gives them a great hometown discount.

Earnings during NE's last three championship seasons:

• 2018 - Edelman and Gronk Combined $12.8M. Julio earned $13.4M
  • 2016 - Edelman and Gronk Combined $7.0M. Julio earned $13.5M
  • 2014 - Edelman and Gronk Combined $7.2M. Julio earned $2.6M

Troffed.

Stray Dog THA GAWD and Osiruz like this

If I werer AB Quinn is gone if our defense allows more that 24 points. Why he wasn't fired after the Super Bowl debacle is beyond me. He is hands down the WORST! He couldn't put fire in the belly of satan himself. If the Falcons come out looking like the aloof buch of football players who could give a ***** whether they win or lose, which it what I've been seeing, Quinn should pack his bags. But, alas, they'll keep him until the end of the season at least, too many changes to install a new coach at this point. we're stuck with a loser that should be a UC Berkeley "Feelings & Compassion" coach.

All of this talk about firing Quinn, but to be honest I would rather him have to stand on the sidelines and watch this crap he’s put on the field and then answer to the press after each game than to sit at home and get paid while someone else picks up the pieces and has to answer for his inefficiencies.

28 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not even OL. Last year we couldn’t run and he had little time/hit often.

He nearly matched his passing efficiency in 2016 and the difference?

We didn’t pair a lethal run game with it to go over 500 points again like 2016. Ryan beat his 2016 Total TD output.

Get the system and playcalling right and he’ll be fine.

Our run game?

Hoping McGary and Lindstrom make a difference moving forward. I’m not impressed with Carp at LG. I’d favor Brown there when Chris is back or Gono next year.

Very true. I think if we fix the online we fix the run game though. Our backs get hit in the backfield way too much 

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, Nino11 said:

Very true. I think if we fix the online we fix the run game though. Our backs get hit in the backfield way too much 

I also don’t see Free as comfortable reading behind the changes in blocking scheme this year.

He is missing outlet cuts and running into some of the contact. Old Free is more productive but at least he is healthy so far this year and can get confidence in his vision again.

My gut says the OL will be fine over time since we planned on 2 rookies but DQ thought he could build a D that functioned. Run D has improved a bit this year; especially since that week 1 debacle.

Problem is we just are that bad on D we abandon the run a lot...and if it were closer games I’d be a bit more concerned but can’t really blame Dirk. We’ve been good at 2nd half adjustments on offense but just need to start faster and play with a lead to see if any pass rush can get home...

Nino11 likes this

18 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I also don’t see Free as comfortable reading behind the changes in blocking scheme this year.

He is missing outlet cuts and running into some of the contact. Old Free is more productive but at least he is healthy so far this year and can get confidence in his vision again.

My gut says the OL will be fine over time since we planned on 2 rookies but DQ thought he could build a D that functioned. Run D has improved a bit this year; especially since that week 1 debacle.

Problem is we just are that bad on D we abandon the run a lot...and if it were closer games I’d be a bit more concerned but can’t really blame Dirk. We’ve been good at 2nd half adjustments on offense but just need to start faster and play with a lead to see if any pass rush can get home...

I just want to see Freeman get a chance to get ina rhythm. Not a first and 10 “everybody knows it’s coming” attempt. Despite the stats this offense has a hard time staying on scheduled with Down and distance 

Schwarzwald likes this

On a great team the players love the game (not just the $$), fire each other up on the sidelines and on the field and have a coach that knows what ths h.ell he's doing at practice sessions, on game day and afterwards at the presser.

P A T R I O T S

16 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I just want to see Freeman get a chance to get ina rhythm. Not a first and 10 “everybody knows it’s coming” attempt. Despite the stats this offense has a hard time staying on scheduled with Down and distance 

We definitely did better throwing on first down in the WCO...and changing up our runs.

We were aggressive in first down throws and using PA under C.

Nino11 likes this

10 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Trading Julio Jones (IF and ONLY IF it frees up tremendous cap-space somehow) will not make us irrelevant. Tying up that much cap spade in a WR is ridiculous. As we have see, an opposing DC can pretty much take away any star WR for most of a game. You don't need Julio-level elite receivers; you need a stable of very good WR's that can all run routes, block downfield, and reliably catch the ball.

How many recent Super Bowl winners have had a true super-star elite WR as the focal point of their offense?

Did you even read the post I originally quoted or did you just pick one sentence in it to refute what I said about being irrelevant? The part about Julio is only a small portion of the totally idiotic post.

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I never mentioned Tru. Matthews is okay, hence saying ‘and even Matthews”. Ryan would have a line of suitors. (As would Jarrett, and the Jones’)

i am not saying Quinn won’t or shouldn’t be fired. I am saying toolbar La Canfora is full of **** saying coaches wouldn’t be interested due to the top players we have under contract. 

Dont call me a homer when you and your select group are grasping at any straws you can to bash the team you supposedly root for. 

Matthews is overrated. Trufart is considered part of the core, also overrated. So was Devondre Dumbell, Vrex, and Takk. 

Yeah me and my group dont support this wet diaper of a team. We want a full tank, and the only thing left to do is set this diaper on fire and rebuild. Ship ryan and his noodle arm somewhere nice since he did alot for the franchise. I would say if he has a line of suitors then sell immediately to the highest bidder while he still has value. You can add TD to that deal for free as a sweetener. 

Lastly no real falcon fan would debase themself and want anymore wins after 1-4. You are either a saints fan wishing we would be mired in mediocrity and lose out on a top pick, or you don't have any self esteem and dignity to want to put this team out of its misery. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:
  •  

Earnings during NE's last three championship seasons:

• 2018 - Edelman and Gronk Combined $12.8M. Julio earned $13.4M
  • 2016 - Edelman and Gronk Combined $7.0M. Julio earned $13.5M
  • 2014 - Edelman and Gronk Combined $7.2M. Julio earned $2.6M

Troffed.

In Troff's defense he signed JJ11 to compensate for MR2's short comings. NE has Brady and we have a slightly better chad pennington. 

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

In Troff's defense he signed JJ11 to compensate for MR2's short comings. NE has Brady and we have a slightly better chad pennington. 

In Ryan's defense he's had to live with Troffed Olines and defenses. He ain't really the problem.

Schwarzwald and GreggT like this

The Saint lose Brees and still find a way to win

Due to their Head Coach making adjustments and coming up with a plan to win without Brees

We -on the other hand - have an inept coach in Quinn that can’t win a game even at full strength and Matt Ryan at QB 

We have more than enough talent to have a consistently good team we just have a completely incompetent coach

Edited by JG2008

1 hour ago, JG2008 said:

The Saint lose Brees and still find a way to win

Due to their Head Coach making adjustments and coming up with a plan to win without Brees

We -on the other hand - have an inept coach in Quinn that can’t win a game even at full strength and Matt Ryan at QB 

We have more than enough talent to have a consistently good team we just have a completely incompetent coach

Yep.

GreggT and Stray Dog THA GAWD like this

On 10/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, UnrealfalcoN said:

I mean.. he's only been the offensive coordinator of a perennial SB contenting team since 2005 from where they transformed year in and year out to fit to their personnel.

Some years like in 2007 they're of the greatest passing offenses of all time and last year they won a SB as one of the best rushing offenses in the league.

He was the QB coach for Brady in 04, which is when Tom started turning into the passing juggernaut, he's developed many QBs that are starting in the league currently including Brissett and Garoppolo who will both most likely wipe the floor with our current team.

Oh yea, he's grown in a championship culture for 1 1/2 decade and knows what it takes to win some rings.

Oh yea, and he has the balls to dig his team out of a 25 point deficit in the Superbowl

This. If dimi is still employed. Best believe they will go after Mcdaniels

Unpopular opinion, but...

Matt with bad receivers > Julio with bad QB.

Everyone wants to point to Julio as the reason for Matt’s success but that knife cuts both ways.

TSprings likes this

On 10/12/2019 at 9:36 AM, UnrealfalcoN said:

I mean.. he's only been the offensive coordinator of a perennial SB contenting team since 2005 from where they transformed year in and year out to fit to their personnel.

Some years like in 2007 they're of the greatest passing offenses of all time and last year they won a SB as one of the best rushing offenses in the league.

He was the QB coach for Brady in 04, which is when Tom started turning into the passing juggernaut, he's developed many QBs that are starting in the league currently including Brissett and Garoppolo who will both most likely wipe the floor with our current team.

Oh yea, he's grown in a championship culture for 1 1/2 decade and knows what it takes to win some rings.

Oh yea, and he has the balls to dig his team out of a 25 point deficit in the Superbowl

You seem to be giving him a lot of credit for the success of others.  He had a 12-20 record as a head coach for the Denver Broncos.  They were much better the season before and the season after he was the guy.  The Patriots were 24-6 those 2 years without him.  They had the #6 and #1 scoring offense in the league those 2 seasons.  He does not instill the discipline on the Patriots offense.  You see that same discipline instilled across every single aspect of their team, from ST's to defense to the offense.  That is Billy. 

Our team is beating themselves.  We do not see that same level of discipline on any of the 3 phases that it takes to win.  We saw it in our offense when Shanahan was here and you see that same discipline being enforced across the 49ers.  We need somebody that knows how to instill discipline on the entire team.  He's a great OC.  I don't see anything in his history that tells me he's a disciplinarian.  Bill has the balls to fire Brady's personal trainer.  Bill has the balls to hold their stars accountable.  Bill has the balls to cut Randy Moss after setting a new NFL receiving TD record.  Shanahan had the balls to bench Roddy, a Falcon great.  We need a guy that can get the results while being the bad guy when it's the right course of action.  

18 hours ago, Nino11 said:

If we do pass on first down, 100% the next play is a run on second down. Happens every ****** time!

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

In Ryan's defense he's had to live with Troffed Olines and defenses. He ain't really the problem.

Ryan has had some good lines in 10,12,16. He is a big part of the problem. When pressure is in his face he has a tendency to throw the ball short because he panics. He has a tendency to throw the deep ball short, and throw drag routes behind his WR. Time to get us a Qb who can hit Julio and Ridley in stride. I realize the defense is a bigger problem but Ryan is overrated.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:53 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe most coaches can come in and work with Grady, Julio, and Debo.. But with Ryan in the mix it kinda screws that all up.. Not many coaches are eager to build around a slow aging qb thats never had a strong arm and seems to suffer from anxiety issues 

I think this is terrible take. Like I don’t know where you guys get this stuff. I think having Matt Ryan makes Atlanta a very hot destination. 

9 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Ryan has had some good lines in 10,12,16. He is a big part of the problem. When pressure is in his face he has a tendency to throw the ball short because he panics. He has a tendency to throw the deep ball short, and throw drag routes behind his WR. Time to get us a Qb who can hit Julio and Ridley in stride. I realize the defense is a bigger problem but Ryan is overrated.

30-36 seems quite accurate.