Osiruz

DQ could be fired as soon as sunday

138 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Nino11 said:

You tell a guy coming in they got this offense, Ryan included (a former league MVP) they are gonna be salivating. Ryan is respected around the NFL

Ryan's good, but the former MVP thing isn't really an indicator for future success but his career stats are. Ryan, with or without an MVP is good statistically, idk why the MVP is always brought up. Newton is an MVP. So is Rich Gannon.

27 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Ryan's good, but the former MVP thing isn't really an indicator for future success but his career stats are. Ryan, with or without an MVP is good statistically, idk why the MVP is always brought up. Newton is an MVP. So is Rich Gannon.

Again it’s the flash over substance crowd that’s why Ryan defenders bring up the mvp. Ryan haters refuse to see how consistently good statistically Ryan has been throughout his career despite playing behind some of the worst O-lines ever assembled and lacking a consistent rushing attack to go along with questionable play calling. There are a lot of QB’s who wouldn’t have been able to replicate the success Matt has achieved. Based off his career numbers a AB win makes him a lock for the HOF. If he sustains his level of play (minus the turnovers) he may eventually get in without a ring. 

20 hours ago, TNFalcon1 said:

In other words you want the Falcons to be totally irrelevant for the foreseeable future?  Got it.

Trading Julio Jones (IF and ONLY IF it frees up tremendous cap-space somehow) will not make us irrelevant. Tying up that much cap spade in a WR is ridiculous. As we have see, an opposing DC can pretty much take away any star WR for most of a game. You don't need Julio-level elite receivers; you need a stable of very good WR's that can all run routes, block downfield, and reliably catch the ball.

How many recent Super Bowl winners have had a true super-star elite WR as the focal point of their offense?

2 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Trading Julio Jones (IF and ONLY IF it frees up tremendous cap-space somehow) will not make us irrelevant. Tying up that much cap spade in a WR is ridiculous. As we have see, an opposing DC can pretty much take away any star WR for most of a game. You don't need Julio-level elite receivers; you need a stable of very good WR's that can all run routes, block downfield, and reliably catch the ball.

How many recent Super Bowl winners have had a true super-star elite WR as the focal point of their offense?

More proof that Blank is obsessed with overpaying marketable players for life instead of building a complete, Superbowl-caliber team.

23 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Freeman contract is the Falcons Dan Uggla deal, just a bad bad deal. 

That's the easiest one to get out of. We can cut him this off-season and save $3.5m ($6.5m if we designate him a post June 1st cut).

It was essentially a 3 year $26m deal - pretty reasonable at the time for a guy churning out 1500 all purpose yards and 10 TD's a year. 

1989Fan and Schwarzwald like this

25 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Players could be quitting on him to get him fired?

Highly doubt that. If they were and I was the GM, owner...they would be gone.

8 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

It’s an indication of the talent level he possesses. We aren’t talkin about some unproven guy where you don’t know what you are getting. He has his limitations but at his best, Ryan is one of the best in the league. He just needs a solid offensive line to be at his best. And speaking of those stats, one year his stats was good enough to win an MVP, the next year with almost Identical stats he was an afterthought. Point being stats don’t always tell the full story  

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

On 10/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, Refried Beans said:

Falcons need to trade Julio to Oakland before it's too late and grab one of Grudens first round picks. If Blank fired McKay, TD, and Quinn, and traded Julio to Oakland for a first round pick and started calling around about dumping Ryan I think then I would take him seriously about a rebuild but just firing Quinn and TD and keeping these same aging players and then letting McKay pick another unqualifed coach and GM just wont excite me. I want to see real change this time. What we did with Quinn was the same motions we did with Smitty. I want to see McKay on down fired along with all coaches and scouts. Fans have no faith in the current set up. They dont have vision on how to build NFL team. Trade Julio to Oakland for 1st round pick, Hire David Shaw as coach, draft Jalen Hurts as QB, end of season let Vic Beasley go, trade jake Matthews, Tak, get a GM from Indianapolis GM tree. David Shaw will draft a hammer for a RB becasue he like physical backs like McCaffrey. 

So your solution to Atlanta not knowing how to assemble a team is to draft arguably the most replaceable position as your first priority?  

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

SB53 MVP = Julian Edelman - he is not exactly cheap and Tom Brady also relied on a high-priced TE Rob Gronkowski who was more a WR

The difference between the Patriots last year (this year?) and us is they also have a superior defense and much cheaper options at RB (Sony Michel & James White vs. Devonta Freeman & Ito Smith).  It also does help them that their QB has a rich spouse and gives them a great hometown discount.

3 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I’m for trading Julio, and Matt Ryan, stocking up on draft picks! And building back a lot younger, stronger and more physical! Release Freeman ( no trade value) and cut anyone else that was on that team that blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl! In fact after Quinn and all his coaches are dismissed! Release/Trade/Cut everyone that he drafted! Rebuild this mess from the ground up! Yes it might take a couple years but it will be worth it when the Falcons become a physical hard nose team again with real talent on the lines of scrimmage!

At some point they got to get younger at QB anyway! Ryan’s window of winning a Championship has closed Sadly! The only way Ryan wins one now is if the NFL gifts him one like Payton Manning the year before he retires on some other team??

You also don’t build teams around Receivers, you build teams around Offensive and Defensive lines! This Falcons team is fatally constructed!

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

On 10/12/2019 at 3:47 AM, BlazerSlayer said:

He may or may not be fired, but if TD announced they were rebuilding, every single team would be calling about Julio.

And probably a few about Ryan as well.

BlazerSlayer likes this

I hate to say it Slummy, but you’re slowly but surely losing your credibility.

Every new attempt to derail a topic by slandering MR with unfounded proclamations only serves to lessen your own believability.

In case you’re unaware, most here see right through your facade.  People come at you with facts & truth and your desperation causes your retorts to grow even more outlandish.

Your trustworthiness is on thin ice partner.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:33 AM, 1989Fan said:

How do you figure he is right saying others around the league don’t care for Falcons top players? Source? i would bet teams would be more than happy to land Ryan, Jones, Jones, Jarrett and even Matthews. Like I said he is a tool and his knowledge doesn’t go beyond PPR leagues.

Trufant, Matthees and Matt Ryan all overrated. This is just the blind homer in you talking. NFL.com estimates Dairy Queen will be fired by the bye week if the team doesnt improve.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001064631/article/falcons-not-looking-to-make-quick-move-on-coach-dan-quinn?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=team%3Dhou%3Bteam%3Datl%3Bteam%3Darz%3Bteam%3Dwas%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dacs%3Bdvsn%3Dncs%3Bdvsn%3Dncw%3Bdvsn%3Dnce&sr=amp

On 10/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, falcons007 said:

He is a broken clock, throwing garbage out and sees what sticks. 

Hes right most of the time from what I've seen. 

On 10/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, Refried Beans said:

Falcons need to trade Julio to Oakland before it's too late and grab one of Grudens first round picks. If Blank fired McKay, TD, and Quinn, and traded Julio to Oakland for a first round pick and started calling around about dumping Ryan I think then I would take him seriously about a rebuild but just firing Quinn and TD and keeping these same aging players and then letting McKay pick another unqualifed coach and GM just wont excite me. I want to see real change this time. What we did with Quinn was the same motions we did with Smitty. I want to see McKay on down fired along with all coaches and scouts. Fans have no faith in the current set up. They dont have vision on how to build NFL team. Trade Julio to Oakland for 1st round pick, Hire David Shaw as coach, draft Jalen Hurts as QB, end of season let Vic Beasley go, trade jake Matthews, Tak, get a GM from Indianapolis GM tree. David Shaw will draft a hammer for a RB becasue he like physical backs like McCaffrey. 

Uh no and Jalen Hurts is not gonna be a good NFL QB.  

1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

I never mentioned Tru. Matthews is okay, hence saying ‘and even Matthews”. Ryan would have a line of suitors. (As would Jarrett, and the Jones’)

i am not saying Quinn won’t or shouldn’t be fired. I am saying toolbar La Canfora is full of **** saying coaches wouldn’t be interested due to the top players we have under contract. 

Dont call me a homer when you and your select group are grasping at any straws you can to bash the team you supposedly root for. 

TNFalcon1 and Schwarzwald like this

5 hours ago, Nino11 said:

It’s an indication of the talent level he possesses. We aren’t talkin about some unproven guy where you don’t know what you are getting. He has his limitations but at his best, Ryan is one of the best in the league. He just needs a solid offensive line to be at his best. And speaking of those stats, one year his stats was good enough to win an MVP, the next year with almost Identical stats he was an afterthought. Point being stats don’t always tell the full story  

Not even OL. Last year we couldn’t run and he had little time/hit often.

He nearly matched his passing efficiency in 2016 and the difference?

We didn’t pair a lethal run game with it to go over 500 points again like 2016. Ryan beat his 2016 Total TD output.

Get the system and playcalling right and he’ll be fine.

Our run game?

Hoping McGary and Lindstrom make a difference moving forward. I’m not impressed with Carp at LG. I’d favor Brown there when Chris is back or Gono next year.

Nino11 likes this

49 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I never mentioned Tru. Matthews is okay, hence saying ‘and even Matthews”. Ryan would have a line of suitors. (As would Jarrett, and the Jones’)

i am not saying Quinn won’t or shouldn’t be fired. I am saying toolbar La Canfora is full of **** saying coaches wouldn’t be interested due to the top players we have under contract. 

Dont call me a homer when you and your select group are grasping at any straws you can to bash the team you supposedly root for. 

Matt Ryan would be the most attractive part of coming to the Falcons, to the right offensive mind.

Blah Blah Blah. Put up a post that says Dan Quinn is fired. I'm tired of hearing about maybe, possibly, or should. Put up a post when they actually Fire STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN 3:16.