Jump to content

DQ could be fired as soon as sunday


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not surprised you make things up about someone to push your agenda. Anxiety issues...okay doc.

Coming from LaCanfora, makes me feel better. The guy always hated falcons even in 2016. Falcons HC job will be most sought after this offseason if DQ gets fired. 

You tell a guy coming in they got this offense, Ryan included (a former league MVP) they are gonna be salivating. Ryan is respected around the NFL

Quinn’s potential firing couldn’t come at a worse time. The Falcons have invested a lot in veterans Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, who will take up nearly $54 million of cap space in 2020, $59 million in 2021 and $58.8 million in 2022.

“That’s a difficult spot, guys,” La Canfora said. “They’ve got half of their cap tied up in five players who aren’t going anywhere – and not everybody likes those players as much as they do.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Quinn’s potential firing couldn’t come at a worse time. The Falcons have invested a lot in veterans Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, who will take up nearly $54 million of cap space in 2020, $59 million in 2021 and $58.8 million in 2022.

“That’s a difficult spot, guys,” La Canfora said. “They’ve got half of their cap tied up in five players who aren’t going anywhere – and not everybody likes those players as much as they do.”

Just got to give the keys to an offensive guy that an take advantage of the talent we have. 

Cue Josh Mcdaniels

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nino11 said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying. The way the team is set up makes the core of the team pretty much unmovable. Coaching change is the most that will happen. Ryan, Grady, Julio, Debo wont be goin anywhere 

I believe most coaches can come in and work with Grady, Julio, and Debo.. But with Ryan in the mix it kinda screws that all up.. Not many coaches are eager to build around a slow aging qb thats never had a strong arm and seems to suffer from anxiety issues 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Quinn’s potential firing couldn’t come at a worse time. The Falcons have invested a lot in veterans Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, who will take up nearly $54 million of cap space in 2020, $59 million in 2021 and $58.8 million in 2022.

“That’s a difficult spot, guys,” La Canfora said. “They’ve got half of their cap tied up in five players who aren’t going anywhere – and not everybody likes those players as much as they do.”

I take nothing la canfora says seriously. I am sure he is referring to people in his fantasy football league not liking these players. He is a tool and knows football only through his FF obsession.

that said, I agree the cap tied into certain players could be seen as a negative to a new coach. But not many people are gonna be mad to have Ryan, Julio, Jarrett, Jones, Matthews to build around.

i would be surprised if he is fired before the bye week personally, but he has earned his dismissal to this point for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe most coaches can come in and work with Grady, Julio, and Debo.. But with Ryan in the mix it kinda screws that all up.. Not many coaches are eager to build around a slow aging qb thats never had a strong arm and seems to suffer from anxiety issues 

Not surprised you make things up about someone to push your agenda. Anxiety issues...okay doc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

“They’ve got half of their cap tied up in five players who aren’t going anywhere – and not everybody likes those players as much as they do.”

La Canfora

fantasy football specialist....I am sure he is getting the inside scoop from teams lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe most coaches can come in and work with Grady, Julio, and Debo.. But with Ryan in the mix it kinda screws that all up.. Not many coaches are eager to build around a slow aging qb thats never had a strong arm and seems to suffer from anxiety issues 

You tell a guy coming in they got this offense, Ryan included (a former league MVP) they are gonna be salivating. Ryan is respected around the NFL

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Quinn’s potential firing couldn’t come at a worse time. The Falcons have invested a lot in veterans Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, who will take up nearly $54 million of cap space in 2020, $59 million in 2021 and $58.8 million in 2022.

“That’s a difficult spot, guys,” La Canfora said. “They’ve got half of their cap tied up in five players who aren’t going anywhere – and not everybody likes those players as much as they do.”

Coming from LaCanfora, makes me feel better. The guy always hated falcons even in 2016. Falcons HC job will be most sought after this offseason if DQ gets fired. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe most coaches can come in and work with Grady, Julio, and Debo.. But with Ryan in the mix it kinda screws that all up.. Not many coaches are eager to build around a slow aging qb thats never had a strong arm and seems to suffer from anxiety issues 

LOL Swift is coming out from hiding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons need to trade Julio to Oakland before it's too late and grab one of Grudens first round picks. If Blank fired McKay, TD, and Quinn, and traded Julio to Oakland for a first round pick and started calling around about dumping Ryan I think then I would take him seriously about a rebuild but just firing Quinn and TD and keeping these same aging players and then letting McKay pick another unqualifed coach and GM just wont excite me. I want to see real change this time. What we did with Quinn was the same motions we did with Smitty. I want to see McKay on down fired along with all coaches and scouts. Fans have no faith in the current set up. They dont have vision on how to build NFL team. Trade Julio to Oakland for 1st round pick, Hire David Shaw as coach, draft Jalen Hurts as QB, end of season let Vic Beasley go, trade jake Matthews, Tak, get a GM from Indianapolis GM tree. David Shaw will draft a hammer for a RB becasue he like physical backs like McCaffrey. 

Edited by Refried Beans
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Falcons need to trade Julio to Oakland before it's too late and grab one of Grudens first round picks. If Blank fired McKay, TD, and Quinn, and traded Julio to Oakland for a first round pick and started calling around about dumping Ryan I think then I would take him seriously about a rebuild but just firing Quinn and TD and keeping these same aging players and then letting McKay pick another unqualifed coach and GM just wont excite me. I want to see real change this time. What we did with Quinn was the same motions we did with Smitty. I want to see McKay on down fired along with all coaches and scouts. Fans have no faith in the current set up. They dont have vision on how to build NFL team. Trade Julio to Oakland for 1st round pick, Hire David Shaw as coach, draft Jalen Hurts as QB, end of season let Vic Beasley go, trade jake Matthews, Tak, get a GM from Indianapolis GM tree. David Shaw will draft a hammer for a RB becasue he like physical backs like McCaffrey. 

In other words you want the Falcons to be totally irrelevant for the foreseeable future?  Got it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...