Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Champagne

How could the Braves lose to the Cards?

18 posts in this topic

The St. Louis Cards are a great franchise but this is one of the weakest Cards teams ever to make it to the NLCS. How on earth did the Braves lose to these guys? The Braves are obviously a better team.

We peaked too early. By the time the playoffs got here half of our offense had been cold for weeks. If the playoffs started 2 months ago we could have beat anyone

Transitive property doesn't exactly work when the single reason the Nationals didn't put up more wins (the bullpen) hasn't come into play in a harmful way yet in the playoffs in what I've watched and learned of (haven't watched today but learned of the no hitter).

Yes, the bullpen for them was so completely bad that it more than cancelled out the Braves bad (at times more than consistently bad) bullpen. 

That bad bullpen might not come into play much here either.

3 hours ago, Champagne said:

The St. Louis Cards are a great franchise but this is one of the weakest Cards teams ever to make it to the NLCS.

They once won a World Series after an 83-win season. They're a tough out in the playoffs.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, Champagne said:

The St. Louis Cards are a great franchise but this is one of the weakest Cards teams ever to make it to the NLCS. How on earth did the Braves lose to these guys? The Braves are obviously a better team.

The Cardinals were stealing the Braves pitching signs thoughout the series and the Braves never adjusted! Also the Cardinals used physiology warfare and made the Braves tamper down the Chop because some guy on their team was offended! 

The Cardinals were consistently hitting doubles down both lines but we never had our defense playing the lines? Why because the scouting report didn’t call for it but the Cardinals were able to hit those doubles because they knew what pitch was coming! 

I hope this NLCS is the lowest rated ever!!!!

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

15 hours ago, jidady said:

They once won a World Series after an 83-win season. They're a tough out in the playoffs.

right now they're the easiest outs in the playoffs (oh hey, they finally get their 2nd hit of the series)

Edited by HotLantaFalcon

26 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

right now they're the easiest outs in the playoffs (oh hey, they finally get their 2nd hit of the series)

Yes, we know. Cardinals couldn't hit all year. Except for Game 5 our pitching shut them down. Offense just didnt do its part.

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yep, that's it. I heard Folty threw Game 5 because Freddie didnt hug him in the dugout.

Nick Saban is up 46-20 over Texas A&M and is having a fit about mistakes his players are making...

Edited by Spts1

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

Which is why Bama is always so **** good

Dan Quinn in contrast shows no obvert emotion regardless of score! Even during ferocious comebacks after being up 28-3! Quinn is like let me be businesslike, did I part my one strand of hair correctly this morning? Wait I’m bald????

6 hours ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

It's almost as if baseball teams have ebbs and flows. 

Falconsfan567 likes this