ike barn87987

John DeFilippo and Gary Kubiak

69 posts in this topic

I don’t really care who it is, I just want an offensive guy that calls his own plays and I’ll be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

We need an old head running this ship a guy that’s been there done that.

We’ve been unable to finish.We’ve been within footsteps of the summit I need an old heads direction and experience to see what and where we are going wrong.

I’m not in for the start again and wait for a new guy to get his feet under him.I want a guy to come in diagnose what we have use what’s here now and finish the job.

You get a new coach and GM in here it’s almost blow it up because they’ll want to do things there way.Leave there mark it’s always like that.

This is why I want Harbough. Dude is smart experienced and no nonsense. He only left because he clashed with front office. We NEED a guy like that. A guy with fire who’s not a yes man. 

He took Krapernick to the SB. He can take this roster with the right OC and DC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drvillain said:

Didn’t we try for Kubiak already and he went elsewhere?

Yep. I'm 90 percent sure as well. Don't think he's coming to the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeonDeion said:

This is why I want Harbough. Dude is smart experienced and no nonsense. He only left because he clashed with front office. We NEED a guy like that. A guy with fire who’s not a yes man. 

He took Krapernick to the SB. He can take this roster with the right OC and DC 

I’m a bit different on Jim can he coach yes but there’s just something with him I’m not a fan of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m a bit different on Jim can he coach yes but there’s just something with him I’m not a fan of.

What aren’t you a fan of? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m not a huge fan of his personality to be honest.

That’s exactly the reason we need him here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh McDaniels and only him. He's got an additional 10 years of offensive coordinator experience since the last time he's been head coach. He's gotten to learn from Belichek even more and belichek had given him up to 95% free reign on offensive game planning.

Also I would rather get the guy who orchestrated a 25 point comeback in the superbowl after an amazing half time adjustment. Dude is one of the best offensive mind in football- Shanahan level

aer2033 and FalconAge like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a lot of the names mentioned buttttttt it just means 3rd offensive scheme/play calling/coordinator in 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

It didn’t end well for him in SAN Fran to me he’s a time bomb.

Exactly. Jim Harbaugh would be ok for 3 or 4 years tops but then his act would get old and thin and it would be time to get someone else. There's a reason he only lasted 3 years with the 49ers. I'm surprised he's lasted at Michigan as long as he has, especially since he's never beaten Ohio State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Good stuff. Now along with that I think the Falcons franchise needs a disciplined coach and not a player's coach.

We've tried the player's coach route wayyyyy too often. Do you think DeFilippo fits that mold?

That's tough.  I don't have a great sense of if he's a hard*** or not to be honest with you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading how he doesn't have much of a run game, I think I would rather have the balance that Kubiak has with run/pass. Plus Kubiak has done it before. I'm not for an up and coming coach. We've waisted enough of Ryan's and JJ time.

All the dots are connected. George Paton for GM, Kubiak for HC, Knapp for OC, Wade Phillips for DC, Klint Kubiak for QB coach, and Rick Dennison for OL coach. And this is the same system Ryan won MVP in, but he'll have one of the best DC's on the other side. Almost every time Kubiak has been a HC, his DC has been Phillips and on the offensive side it's been Dennison and Knapp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 6:55 PM, ike barn87987 said:

After reading how he doesn't have much of a run game, I think I would rather have the balance that Kubiak has with run/pass. Plus Kubiak has done it before. I'm not for an up and coming coach. We've waisted enough of Ryan's and JJ time.

All the dots are connected. George Paton for GM, Kubiak for HC, Knapp for OC, Wade Phillips for DC, Klint Kubiak for QB coach, and Rick Dennison for OL coach. And this is the same system Ryan won MVP in, but he'll have one of the best DC's on the other side. Almost every time Kubiak has been a HC, his DC has been Phillips and on the offensive side it's been Dennison and Knapp.

Kubiak doesn’t want to be a head coach. He had a heart attack while being one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’d actually roll the dice on DeFillipo.

That's what I was thinking too. Need an offensive minded HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’d actually roll the dice on DeFillipo.

he was fired in Minnesota in his first year. His offense in JAX is good, but not great. What’s his hype?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

His last 7 years calling plays were not the most impressive.  But he would be perfect for our system 

He might be perfect for our system but after what he did to the Colts the Patriots probably have him locked up to be coach when Bellicheck retires so hopefully Blank has a very solid plan b if McDaniels is his number one guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now