Do We Have Any Fans That Still Believe in a Turnaround?

After the loss to the Vikings, many believed the team could get better. Then we won a game and lost a few more.  Some were professing that this is the way they predicted the season would go.  Rough patch to start, but much better after 4 games. I am wondering if those folks still hold out hope for this team to play up to their ability, or have they thrown in the towel also.  

I personally have given up on this season, and it pains me to say so.  Each year, I start with this crazy optimism that our Falcons will be a power, and most years, I am disappointed.  I am not sure when I will learn.  Anyhow, I do not blame anyone for remaining positive, I am just wondering if positivity still exists for this team. 

Knowing our luck, We will win the next 3 to get to 4-4 at the bye week just to give the Fans hope. Then we will lose 5 straight, Be 4-9 sitting nicely for a top 10 pick and we will proceed to win the last 3 to get to 7-9. Mid 1st round pick.

Where have you seen this before? 2018.

20 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Knowing our luck, We will win the next 3 to get to 4-4 at the bye week just to give the Fans hope. Then we will lose 5 straight, Be 4-9 sitting nicely for a top 10 pick and we will proceed to win the last 3 to get to 7-9. Mid 1st round pick.

Where have you seen this before? 2018.

This is what I am betting on.  In typical fashion win a few meaningless games at the end of the season and lower our draft position by a good 10+ spots.

Until it is officially out of the question....I will still beleive that things can be turned around.

Mostly becuase in every loss what has killed us is not so much what the other team did but rather what we did to ourselves.

Poor decisions,mental lapses, poor communication......all are on us.

It would be different if we were physically just getting beat.....we are not.

35 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

This is what I am betting on.  In typical fashion win a few meaningless games at the end of the season and lower our draft position by a good 10+ spots.

We lost to brady in the superbowl we could lose to a quarterback who is partially blind, we are losers baby our head coach lost the draft and his mind. 

It's way over this year, the easiest part of our schedule is over we are 1-4 and the Texans just put 50 + on us.

No one is coming back from injury to save us and Quinn's scheme is completely broken. Their is no part of reality that says this is gonna get turned around.

Every bad habit our team has had since Quinn got here is on display and didn't get fixed the last 5 years why would anyone to expect it get fixed now?

28 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

Yep how'd that anti tank crowd think of the start this season?

Those last 3 wins last year that gave us a mid round pick instead of top 5 pick certainly carried that winning momentum into this season huh?

I'll step up to the plate. I think a turnaround is still possible. I'm open to criticism of the team and the coaching, but I'm still a blindly optimistic homer. Why? Because it's more fun to me than hating on the team. I don't understand why some people seem to really really hate this team and coach and still watch. I'll never understand that.

I do understand we've looked like cheeks for the vast majority of this season, and I'm not arguing that. I just think that there's a lot of reasons why this squad could very easily turn it around in the second half of the season. The talent is still there, and Quinn has taken pretty much the same group of talent much further than we are right now.

Another factor is that we've mostly played AFC teams and for some reason we just don't show up against AFC teams. Sometimes it almost feels intentional, but that's my own little conspiracy theory.

Another thing that I've heard no one mention is that even though they're familiar faces running a mostly familiar scheme, we still have THREE new coordinators. It takes time for new coaching to take. Anyone else remember Shanahan's first season where opposing teams were batting down balls at the line of scrimmage very regularly and one of our O-linemen said that they know what we're going to do? It reminds me of that.

I'm not going to blame it on injuries because they aren't as bad as they are last year, but we have had some meaningful injuries. Losing Neal again is actually huge for this defense and you can see them targeting that soft spot. We also have had tons of injuries all along the O-line which is a huge bummer because of how much it affects the gelling of that unit.

It just doesn't make sense that Quinn and Koetter both all of the sudden forgot how to coach. I'm not holding my breath, but I want to see how we fare against some more NFC teams before I'm ready for anyone to get fired.

Flame away. I know I'm asking for it.

Na the NEW coordinator thing is BS. Quinn is our DC not a new hire obviously as he has done this before here and DK was brought in because he knows and has worked with the players and we didn't want to have another season getting used to a new OC.

Those excuses don't fly.