Is it bad I want to see the wheels fall off?

KRUNKuno

I’ve kinda been thinking about my fandom lately.  With the putrid outcomes of many Atlanta sports teams, all of them in which I go extremely hard for, I have come to really just want to see an entire sports culture shift for the city.  This type of shift can only be had when the wheels fall completely off...

For example, the Falcons were allotted the opportunity to reset and change its culture after the Vick fiasco.  United was given a clean slate as an expansion team to create a winning culture.  The Hawks had been meddling in mediocrity (1st/2nd round playoff exits) for years until they decided to suck and get budding stars like Trae Young and John Collins.

But then you have the Braves who have never truly reset their culture, and probably will never be able to considering the franchise’s Deep South/conservative roots.  You have a flashy star who gets reprimanded for bringing his passion to the game, and generally settle on good ol boys that fit the long-standing Braves culture.

With all that said, I genuinely want the wheels to fall of this Falcons bus.  So much so that I hope Kyler Murray has a career day, and that our Falcons...my beloved Falcons...will lay an egg.  I’ve never felt this way before.  I’m definitely jaded, but it’s with great reason that I’m sure a lot of us can relate to.  I want it so that Arthur Blank has no choice but to blow this regime up to smithereens and has to bring in fresh, competitive, winning-over-everything sets of eyes all around Flowery Branch.

Is this wrong of me?  Should I be rooting for the salvaging of this season?  I feel like all that will do is be polishing a turd.  What do you think?

No, it would be bad to want to seen this regime continue.

You have to hit rock bottom sometimes to expose what needs to be fixed.

This entire team needs a rebuild after 28-3. Everything has just gotten worse since then.

Probably going to take a complete purge from front office to roster to water boy to get past that.

I generally want to see this team fail so badly that the people involved exit the sport. I also wouldn't mind the franchise to move cities and we could take a break and come back with an expansion team in 5 years to start over.

I mean look at the Falcons 53 year history, it's nothing but crap. This team has only brought shame to the city and the fans and we should just purge it from the state.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

People have been brainwashed into watching bad football...I'm guilty of it myself. Must've killed someone in a previous life to have been a fan of this team for over 50 years, only to a a few fond memories. 

You're right, bruh. You're simply a victim of some past life homicide you had to pay the price for in this life. Me, I'm just a dumb ****** ****** who thought if I watched the Falcons long enough they would eventually become a great team and all the suffering would be worth it. I would seek professional help, but as far as I know there's no known cure for stupid ~ except a 2x4 upside the head. :sadwave:

3 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lol....where u been man

I'm around. Been in the college thread on Saturdays more now because on Sundays I'm visiting my mother in the nursing home after church during the game so I can't post. I've done a few posts from my phone during the game a couple of times though. I should be posting a lot this Sunday though since the game is at 4. Thanks for asking. 

Here's my take...

Been die-hard Braves and Falcons fan since the 70's...actually met Hank Aaron at my first Braves game as a kid.  Over all the years with all the ups and downs, I have honestly gotten to the point when I watch a Falcons game I go into it like going to see an action movie...sometimes there isn't much, sometimes its nail-biting, and sometimes its a sit back, relax, and watch the good guys easily take out the enemy.  Some Sundays the movie is good, some Sundays the movie sucks and life goes on. 

I said in another thread that NO sports fan has any claim over bad times unless you're a ATL\UGA fan...within the timespan of less than a year we got to watch our beloved teams lose their championship games on the LAST play even though both had a good lead at halftime. 

I will never quit watching UGA or ATL regardless...been through too many 3-13 kind of seasons.  If I sat through those hoping each week would be a win regardless of the record, I hope others can too .  Enjoy the victories, moan and whine like I do after they lose, just try to enjoy the ride. 

I never give up hope until I hear the "mathematically eliminated from the playoffs"....which has been MANY more seasons than not,

@PokerSteve

@WhenFalconsWin

I aint gone start a thread...but let me say this...

What upsets me the most is...when I watch the Browns..Giants...Raiders..and every team thats supposed to be bad...they look like they battling..fighting..and playing hard...yeah..they might lose and on occasion lose bad...but I can see the effort...when I watch the Falcons...its like they moving in slow motion...and just playing to get through the game..

Case and point...look the Giants tonight....Its ridiculous..

I dont care what it takes...just fix this ****..

8 minutes ago, fuego said:

I'm around. Been in the college thread on Saturdays more now because on Sundays I'm visiting my mother in the nursing home after church during the game so I can't post. I've done a few posts from my phone during the game a couple of times though. I should be posting a lot this Sunday though since the game is at 4. Thanks for asking. 

Good deal...take care of mom...far more important than whats going on here...good to hear from ya...

14 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@PokerSteve

@WhenFalconsWin

I aint gone start a thread...but let me say this...

What upsets me the most is...when I watch the Browns..Giants...Raiders..and every team thats supposed to be bad...they look like they battling..fighting..and playing hard...yeah..they might lose and on occasion lose bad...but I can see the effort...when I watch the Falcons...its like they moving in slow motion...and just playing to get through the game..

Case and point...look the Giants tonight....Its ridiculous..

I dont care what it takes...just fix this ****..

Exactly. I don't expect the Falcons to win every game. It would be nice, but I'd be happy to see this team show up and play hard, clean, fundamentally sound football. Good tackling, good blocking, no stupid penalties, keeping our QB clean and getting some heat on the other guy's QB.

It's embarrassing to watch this team set new records for ineptitude every week. All the preseason hype now just looks like asinine overkill. Even if they beat the Cardinals, I don't see how this team will even come close to finishing at 8-8. Keeping Quinn around as a lame duck HC would serve no constructive purpose.

Make a new plan, Stan, Pick up the keys Lee, I think you will certainly agree, C'mon Arthur time to get yourself free, we're tired of all the misery, there must be ... 50 ways to fire your HC. :ninja:

30 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I think if you root for your team to lose you should go away and find something else to root for.

But then you'd probably just label me a "good old boy". <_<

Otherwise, great thread.

Amen. I don't want to see tanking football. Hail we'd probably go 1-15 and Blank would stay loyal and run the same ole regime out there next year.

36 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I think if you root for your team to lose you should go away and find something else to root for.

But then you'd probably just label me a "good old boy". <_<

Otherwise, great thread.

I get what you're saying but if you're a fan and feel what is best is short term failure for the sake of potential long term success...

Either way not a fun spot to be in :-/