Stray Dog THA GAWD

Falcons' Dan Quinn has no plans to give up play-calling

52 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Quinn was universally applauded in here and outside as a great hire. Can’t blame blank for that one. 

I liked Quinn because he had a good vision and brought an innovative offensive staff with him. I still think his biggest mistake outside of the super bowl was not promoting Lafleur and having outsiders try to run Shanny’s system.

Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

16 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I liked Quinn because he had a good vision and brought an innovative offensive staff with him. I still think his biggest mistake outside of the super bowl was not promoting Lafleur and having outsiders try to run Shanny’s system.

I admired Quinn's vision because he was direct and knew what he wanted. In terms of the exact type of players and scheme. It's like all of that is still spinning in his head somewhere but the lack of results on the field and questionable hires/fires after Shanny left tells another story on the field.

His fate started to get sealed IMO when he hired Koetter (vertical offense) and Mularkey(power offense) to run a WCO/zone/Shanny offense...It was the oddest hiring decision that he's made (even more odd than hiring Sark IMO) and I think it will be his downfall. The defense is another downfall but that's another topic discussion.

I thought hiring Sark was odd but hiring Koetter was even worse.

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

I admired Quinn's vision because he was direct and knew what he wanted. In terms of the exact type of players and scheme. It's like all of that is still spinning in his head somewhere but the lack of results on the field and questionable hires/fires after Shanny left tells another story on the field.

His fate started to get sealed IMO when he hired Koetter (vertical offense) and Mularkey(power offense) to run a WCO/zone/Shanny offense...It was the oddest hiring decision that he's made (even more odd than hiring Sark IMO) and I think it will be his downfall. The defense is another downfall but that's another topic discussion.

He didnt hire them.

At this point I wouldn't trust him to dress himself. Not that anyone would notice after that Cypritard blazer thing.

7 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

He didnt hire them.

Then we have another problem...

You get the point though I'm sure. It'll be his downfall even if Bigfoot hired them.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

I was OK with it at first, because I thought that a lot of his issues last time were due to a garbo OL. Unfortunately he ran into the same problem in his second stint, so I can't even really honestly tell how much of it is him. Theoretically a mostly 5 or 7 step drop system could work if you have the protection, but there you have it <_<

2 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Then we have another problem...

You get the point though I'm sure. It'll be his downfall even if Bigfoot hired them.

I think they were forced on him. He shows up to Flowery Branch, and they're there. And someone tells him that "These are your new coordinators ". And walks out the room.

6 hours ago, caponine said:

This tells me how out of touch Quinn really is , this is the reason that he keeps using Freeman more than Ito. He is going on heart and emotion instead of thinking smh , he really wants to give Freeman more touches smh. I just dont think the connection is there between Freeman, Ito and Quinn that there was between Free, Cole, and DQ.

definition of a Rah Rah guy right there LOL

8 hours ago, caponine said:

What should he do ?? Takk and Beasley are butt cheeks this season and the secondary is awful. Theres no pass rush and we cant cover anyone 

Do you remember when Nolan brought out the Amoeba defense and Peyton Manning threw 3 picks in the first half against us?  Nolan knew our defense would get exposed trying to play him straight up.  We gave Peyton a ton of looks he had not seen on film.  

I'm not saying Quinn needs to come out with an Amoeba defense.  I am saying that he needs to give them stuff they haven't seen on film.  3rd and 5+?  Stack the box like everyone is coming, only 1 guy is going, and the others try to cutoff the quick throwing lanes.  If they thing everyone's coming, you have a chance for a pick on a quick slant.  If the QB doesn't get fooled forcing a quick throw and our passrush doesn't get there, they'll pop one.  Oh well, they're popping them anyway.

I'm saying we gamble.  Yes, we'll get exposed on some plays, but they'll get fooled on others.  What's the worst that can happen?  They score on every drive?  That's one more than Houston last week, so it's not like that's a lot to lose.

Or we can play straight up, don't disguise anything, don't gamble, show our hand every single formation, and get picked apart all game long.  

It’s week five and he’s addressing things that should have been set in training camp.  Not sure what’s being done in practice but it’s not translating to game day!  His words are falling on deaf ears because it’s the same tired excuse.  You promised to get Beasley right??? This defense has a mere 5 sacks.  You can’t cover anybody and damm near every QB they have played has put up crazy numbers.  Offensively we lack any kind of creativity or identity.  I could go on but I thought it was the HC responsibility to have this team ready to play?  Can’t defend DQ anymore it’s time for him to just shut up and get results or be gone!!!

15 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He did. He is the HC, shows a man who isn’t confident of what he is doing.

No he didnt. They were pushed on him.

13 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Listened to the whole 21 minutes. :lol: He definitely sounded constipated when that question hit.

Where is the audio?

12 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Where is the audio?

I wanna say I listening in the Falcons front page in the press conference tab but I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube by now.

Looks like they set up a teleconference this week being on the road. I guess the cameras didn’t make the trip.

Flying Falcon and falconsd56 like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

You saw it up close against the Texans.

I sure did!! I sat right there in the stands at that game and watched in horror!!

falcons007 likes this

3 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

I sure did!! I sat right there in the stands at that game and watched in horror!!

I was behind the falcons bench. Never saw the Dplayers give up before the game started.

TX Falcon likes this