2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I just noticed the Braves season opener is a 10:10 start on a Thursday. 

Braves have 4 west coast trips this year playing the AL West. 3 trips will be before the ASG. The last trip are the first 2 series after the ASG. Also I believe 3 times the Braves will be done with a non division NL team in a 2 week period, ARZ, STL & LAD all before the ASG as well. 

Also the month of June could be brutal. The series they play in June will be LAD x2, BOS, PHI x2, Nats x2, then finish at MIA and TEX

Edited by brdu4
20 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Camargo posted a WAR of 3.3 when he started at 3B in 2018. He's plenty enough of a 3B and we have no idea what Riley will do but he could surprise.

I like Camargo, I just hope whatever the **** happened last year is behind him. 

I also hope they name a 3B and stick with it. None of this platoon crap, let them both get everyday ABs either here or Gwinnett. 

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

I like Camargo, I just hope whatever the **** happened last year is behind him.

The fascinating thing about baseball is that what happened the previous year has little bearing on the next one. I think it's why the Braves are leaning in on Ender again. They're hopeful that he'll do what he's done about every other year for us. I guess it's even true of Folty. The current regime clearly isn't big on selling low on players, a philosophy I respect. Sometimes, it does make them a bit guilty of having blind spots, though. I guess you can't have one without the other.

42 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I feel like we'd see old man rivers in RF if that were to happen before June.

It's possible. A lot depends on how Waters and Pache look during Spring Training. If one tears it up, they'll wind up here soon after the arb clock ends for 2020.

I feel like the front office has planned for the arrival of both players during the season. We'll lose a player or two to injury, which will open spots for them while keeping Ender and Markakis viable for bench depth.

I also think Atlanta's convinced that Riley will be the guy this year. He might struggle with OBP and strikeouts, but he'll bring enough with his bat and arm to offset those issues. I'm not sure how many people remember it, but many teams wanted to draft Riley as a pitcher. He has a cannon.

Then, the hope/belief would be that Riley does the same things in the majors that he has in the minors. He.needs some time to figure things out but then becomes a destroyer. I suspect the job is his, although nobody wants to cede it to him yet. Chipper's faith in Riley means the world to the front office.

12 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If we could somehow get this version of Ender Inciarte for an entire season with his great defense he would be such an amazing asset to this team. But I have serious doubts that he's capable of putting it together offensively for an entire season.

Even though they were all singles that can make a difference in a game being won to having to go to a game 5.

1 hour ago, oztin said:

Even though they were all singles that can make a difference in a game being won to having to go to a game 5.

Doesn't bother me one bit that they were singles. I don't expect big power numbers from Ender is just get singles and keep the train moving, especially since he'll be down at the bottom of the order. In that case he'll be hitting with a lot of guys on base and a single is all it takes to score runs and scoring runs is the name of the game.

• 1 month later...