2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I get that but at some point just about every championship team has made that move. They are leaving holes in the rotation and lineup thinking these guy will fill them. It pushes the chance at a WS title down the road 2-3 years each time.

We've so far had 3 players live up to expectations in this rebuild, 4 if Dansby could actually stay healthy and hit but so far he hasn't done both an entire season. Ozuna for 1 year just makes little sense unless he outright refused a multi year deal. AA says he's open to bringing him back but we all know if he has a 2017 type year then he won't because AA has zero interest in anything more than a year. It's annoying to hear how they talk to all these guys, it's just lip service at this point. I'd be willing to bet my life 90% of the GMs in the league "were in contact with" these guys. He literally offered Machsdo a 3 year deal last season like there was any chance he'd sign it, at some point he'll just be a joke to these guys with these offers.

The rotation is a concern but I don't see how the lineup is a concern. The lineup is just as strong if not stronger than it was last year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The rotation is a concern but I don't see how the lineup is a concern. The lineup is just as strong if not stronger than it was last year.

I've never been the type to think that staying the same was ever an improvement. We also had 3 guys at the top of the order have career years so I guess we'll see. I think Dansby is the key to it all though, I've given him **** since day 1 but he was looking good last year before getting injured again.

Our rotation scares the **** out of me.

17 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I've never been the type to think that staying the same was ever an improvement. We also had 3 guys at the top of the order have career years so I guess we'll see. I think Dansby is the key to it all though, I've given him **** since day 1 but he was looking good last year before getting injured again.

Our rotation scares the **** out of me.

What's wrong with Soroka/Hamels/Fried/Folty (w/ 3-4 pitches)/Newc|Wright|Felix|Wilson

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

What's wrong with Soroka/Hamels/Fried/Folty (w/ 3-4 pitches)/Newc|Wright|Felix|Wilson

Quite a bit considering only 1 of those guys is actually consistent.

Fried has good stuff but is erratic or hurting.

What Hamels we going to get? 

Folty is Folty and I'd trust holding a lit firecracker in my hand to not blow my fingers off over him pitching like he did the handful of starts after returning from AAA.

At ChopFest, Acuna says hes not focused on getting 40/40. He said hes just focused on staying healthy and helping the team. He also mentioned hes excited to see King Felix in Florida, he grew up a fan in Venezuela. He also approved the Ozuna signing and said hes excited. 

Ender said hes spent the offseason in Tampa improving his swing and defense. Yes, defense, Ender said 3 gold gloves isn't good enough. He said was the hardest of his career and he learned a lot from it. 

Dansby said the Game 5 loss really stung and took awhile to get over. He said watching the Nats advance made it worse. 

Riley said his flaws were clearly evident on video. He spent the offseason ironing those out. Says his elbow position got out of whack and his back foot.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:50 PM, Malachore said:

Folty is Folty and I'd trust holding a lit firecracker in my hand to not blow my fingers off over him pitching like he did the handful of starts after returning from AAA.

How did THIS post go 24 hours without a single like? I'd give it 10,000 likes if I could.

Folty's spoiled milk that keeps getting put back in the fridge.

I WAS WRONG.....

I have been one of Freddie Freeman’s most vocal critics. I have been looking at his career from an objective viewpoint and taking into consideration his having to constantly deal with elbow injuries over the past 9 years. He is one **** of a gamer who never makes excuses and always shows up to work hard. We as Braves fans should be honored to have him wear the tomahawk. I know you all know this but I’m just coming clean. I was dead wrong about the guy. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:06 AM, Unknøwn said:

Snitker told the media he was never considering Acuna for cleanup after Donaldson left. He said he wont move Acuna from the leadoff spot anymore.

Good.

He can be a good clean up hitter but he is a great leadoff hitter.

He brings a dynamic that most leadoff hitters do not.

I hope that they put Dansby back in the 2 hole and move Ozzie to 5th or 6th... To me that jus makes the lineup much deeper.

18 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Good.

He can be a good clean up hitter but he is a great leadoff hitter.

He brings a dynamic that most leadoff hitters do not.

I hope that they put Dansby back in the 2 hole and move Ozzie to 5th or 6th... To me that jus makes the lineup much deeper.

1. Acuna
  2. Dansby
  3. Freddie
  4. Albies
  5. Ozuna
  6. Riley/Camargo

That's one of the best 1-6 you're gonna find in baseball.