2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Why lock yourself up when Waters and Pache are going to be ready in 2020?

I'm tired of 1 year deals banking on prospects to be ready, chances are both won't be ready and that means you are right back in this position again next year.

I don't know what it is with AA and only looking at guys who are willing to sign for 1 year. I don't mind Ozuna but ******** at least get a couple years from the guy. Also not sure who the cleanup guy is because Ozuna ain't it.

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm tired of 1 year deals banking on prospects to be ready, chances are both won't be ready and that means you are right back in this position again next year.

I don't know what it is with AA and only looking at guys who are willing to sign for 1 year. I don't mind Ozuna but ******** at least get a couple years from the guy. Also not sure who the cleanup guy is because Ozuna ain't it.

Ozuna is actually your likely cleanup hitter. 

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

LMAO yet another 1 year deal.

I didn't want us to spend this money this way, but a one-year contract makes perfect sense for us in the current situation. At the age of 20, Pache had an OPS of .802 against AA and AAA players much older than him. Drew Waters did even better at the plate with an .819 OPS at 20. Odds are decent that both of them will be in the majors this year. The organization wants that Acuna/Waters/Pache outfield asap.

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Take it this means Ender is the odd man out since we know Snitker is loyal to Markakis to a fault.

Its basically been confirmed Ozuna, Ender and Acuna are the OF right now. Mark Bowman said the Braves will determine in Spring what to to with Markakis and Duvall.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

To a larger point, our OF now consists of Acuna, Ozuna, Inciarte, Markakis, and DuVall. That's really good.

This team claims enviable depth in the bullpen and OF.

Depth is good but if either corner OF gets hurt then this lineup is screwed.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Take it this means Ender is the odd man out since we know Snitker is loyal to Markakis to a fault.

I don't think they are comfortable with Acuna in CF unless Inciarte gets injured again. Markakis will likely fill the 4th OF role, and Duvall's contract is not guaranteed so he could be released or traded.

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

I didn't want us to spend this money this way, but a one-year contract makes perfect sense for us in the current situation. At the age of 20, Pache had an OPS of .802 against AA and AAA players much older than him. Drew Waters did even better at the plate with an .819 OPS at 20. Odds are decent that both of them will be in the majors this year. The organization wants that Acuna/Waters/Pache outfield asap.

But you are still looking for a cleanup hitter for like the 4th winter in a row.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

But you are still looking for a cleanup hitter for like the 4th winter in a row.

I don't fixate on any one spot in the lineup. Our leadoff hitter would be one of the top 5 cleanup guys in the game. We'd rather him get 15% more at bats, though. And Riley screams middle-of-the-order slugger, as long as he can make consistent contact. He's the likely solution to the problem you mention.

Right now, we're probably looking at:

Acuna

Albies

Freeman

Ozuna

Markakis/DuVall

Riley/Camargo

d'Arnaud/Flowers

Swanson

We're undeniably better with Donaldson in 2020, but that's a very strong lineup. Plus, it has mix-and-match potential to a degree that Bobby Cox would have loved. So, we're injury-proof to a large extent.

I'm back to worrying the most about the rotation.

4 minutes ago, jidady said:

I don't fixate on any one spot in the lineup. Our leadoff hitter would be one of the top 5 cleanup guys in the game. We'd rather him get 15% more at bats, though. And Riley screams middle-of-the-order slugger, as long as he can make consistent contact. He's the likely solution to the problem you mention.

Right now, we're probably looking at:

Acuna

Albies

Freeman

Ozuna

Markakis/DuVall

Riley/Camargo

d'Arnaud/Flowers

Swanson

We're undeniably better with Donaldson in 2020, but that's a very strong lineup. Plus, it has mix-and-match potential to a degree that Bobby Cox would have loved. So, we're injury-proof to a large extent.

I'm back to worrying the most about the rotation.

Where is Inciarte?

1 minute ago, brdu4 said:

I think the order will depend on who’s playing 3B. 

Acuna

Albies

Freeman

Ozuna

Camargo

Swanson

Ender

Catcher

Pitcher

or 

Acuna

Albies

Freeman

Ozuna 

Swanson 

Ender

Riley

Catcher 

Pitcher

Im banking on it being Camargo's job to lose. Riley needs some time in the minors to get his swing back and figure some things out