2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Tim Hudson has been hired as pitching coach at Auburn. Huddy will be volunteering his time. NCAA only allows 2 paid assistants in baseball so Huddy will allow another coach to earn the money.

This is awesome, and to make it even better, Tom Glavine's son Peyton is a pitcher for Auburn.

ESPN's Buster Olney thinks Atlanta has the #7 team in MLB right now. Here are his comments.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/28452301/buster-olney-top-10-teams-yankees-dodgers-some-competition

atl.png&w=110&h=110

Josh Donaldson's status hasn't been resolved, but if he re-signs with Atlanta -- and some rival executives believe that's what will happen -- then the Braves will basically return intact the lineup that piled up the third-most runs in the NL, with some hope and expectation that the club's best young players (Ronald Acuna Jr., Ozzie Albies, Mike Soroka, Max Fried) are still developing as big leaguers.

2 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Not sure what AA's plan ever was but outside of doing the obvious and signing the young guys to favorable deals he's done absolutely nothing of long term value for this team.

Yeah, other than that very important he did to increase the long term value for this team, what has he done to help the long term value for this team?

5 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Jon Heyman and the early word is the Braves arent likely to go after Bryant or Arenado. DOB indicated the Braves arent really thrilled by either. Arenado makes too much and Bryant is maybe a rental.

Can we really depend on Carmargo/Riley though?

1 minute ago, K26dp said:

Yeah, other than that very important he did to increase the long term value for this team, what has he done to help the long term value for this team?

Like I said that's the easy play on talent he didn't find or produce. You don't get a lot of extra credit for that.

4 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Not sure what AA's plan ever was but outside of doing the obvious and signing the young guys to favorable deals he's done absolutely nothing of long term value for this team.

Really? He turned our biggest weakness (bullpen) last year into a strength with some very good signings before the trade deadline. Be mad that he didn't sign JD if ya want but dude has done a stellar job since joining the braves

1 minute ago, jeffro2000 said:

Well that stinks. 4yrs $92m? I guess they are offering a 5th yr option but not sure about those details.

Seems like we could've and should've done the 4/92

I think there may be more to it that we dont know. Maybe the Twins told him they would make him their DH and he liked the sound of that. Maybe the braves got tired of waiting on him to decide and pulled their offer so he got stuck in Minnesota. Who knows