2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Bro it ain't our money lol

This is what drives me crazy about these discussions. Oh no, Liberty Media, a corporation with a market cap of $27 billion, might have to spend $10 million more! It's like when McDonald's raises the price of a Quarter Pounder for the rest of us.

29 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Kris Bryant is better than both.

Kris Bryant is not better than Anthony Rendon. Rendon is the second best 3rd baseman in all of baseball behind only Nolan Arenado. Matt Chapman is also in the discussion. Those three players are the top three 3rd basemen in all of baseball and a cut above the rest because all three can hit and all three are great fielders as well. Josh Donaldson and Kris Bryant are in the next tier of 3rd basemen in baseball. Bryant gets dinged a bit for his defense only being average at best on his best day.

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Kris Bryant is not better than Anthony Rendon. Rendon is the second best 3rd baseman in all of baseball behind only Nolan Arenado. Matt Chapman is also in the discussion. Those three players are the top three 3rd basemen in all of baseball and a cut above the rest because all three can hit and all three are great fielders as well. Josh Donaldson and Kris Bryant are in the next tier of 3rd basemen in baseball. Bryant gets dinged a bit for his defense only being average at best on his best day.

I would take Bryant over JD right now, but only because of his age. If I could have only 2 years out of either guy, I would be fine with either tbh

Rant time...

Okay Snitker, you are a pretty terrible manager, and you don't always stand up for your players (see Acuna this postseason). You let the Cards throw at Acuna and you did nothing about it because you suck. Now please. Be a manager, and don't let this **** continue. Throw at this punk Flaherty and then walk out there and get ejected.

Maybe then I would start to respect you (even though my opinion of him means absolutely nothing). 

/endrant

Just now, tl;dr said:

I would take Bryant over JD right now, but only because of his age. If I could have only 2 years out of either guy, I would be fine with either tbh

I can't disagree with that and depending on the price, I'd be fine with trading for only 2 years of Bryant, that's assuming he loses his grievance. I would take Bryant because of not only his age, but also because of his ability to play a serviceable outfield so it would give the Braves additional flexibility. Positional flexibility can only help a manager when it comes to pinch-hitting, double-switches and making lineups to rest guys. It would also reduce pressure on the potential starting OF platoon of Duvall/Markakis. If one or either or both of them bomb then you can move Bryant to the outfield full-time and run Riley or Camargo out at 3B.

23 minutes ago, Malachore said:

JFC I hope not, dude can't hit.

I wouldn't say that. Check out Seager's wRC+ by season for his career.

• 2011 - 96
  • 2012 - 108
  • 2013 - 116
  • 2014 - 127
  • 2015 - 115
  • 2016 - 134
  • 2017 - 106
  • 2018 - 83
  • 2019 - 110

He's his fWAR's

• 2011 - 0.6
  • 2012 - 3.8
  • 2013 - 4.2
  • 2014 - 5.2
  • 2015 - 3.8
  • 2016 - 5.2
  • 2017 - 3.5
  • 2018 - 1.5
  • 2019 - 2.9

He doesn't hit for much of an average but he hits for power. He's gone over 20 homeruns in each of the last 8 seasons, which is decent considering the park he plays in. Being a left-handed pull-hitter with the short-porch in RF at STP, he would come in closer to 30 than he would 20. He wouldn't be my first option, but depending on the price, I wouldn't mind it. Braves also wouldn't be on the hook for a long-term commitment to him. He's got 2 years guaranteed at $38M for 2020 and 21 with a $15M option for 2022.