2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, brdu4 said:

I would like Bryant but think the Braves should wait to see how his free agency case goes. Also I believe he turned down a $200 million extension as well and would they be willing to sign him to that big of a deal. 

Bryant would likely be a stopgap. Not here for the long term 

19 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

They have the pieces to to make a trade, but the Cubs are going to want either Folty, Soroka, or Fried, plus some top prospects. So a trade for Bryant would likely create a need for another starting pitcher.

They can ask all they want. No one is going to pay that for a guy who could be around for 1 season.

29 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

They can ask all they want. No one is going to pay that for a guy who could be around for 1 season.

Cubs have some bad contracts that they would love to move. If AA agreed to accept accept Heyward's big contract, then he could probably acquire Bryant for next to nothing. That would also solve the problem for another outfielder, but it would also mean that Folty, Greene, and Duvall would have to go to clear some money.

6 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

Cubs have some bad contracts that they would love to move. If AA agreed to accept accept Heyward's big contract, then he could probably acquire Bryant for next to nothing. That would also solve the problem for another outfielder, but it would also mean that Folty, Greene, and Duvall would have to go to clear some money.

I would think taking on like Heyward would help, but I still don’t think I would want to give up a ton to get Bryant. Let us hold onto Soroka please...

1 hour ago, The Kingfish said:

They have the pieces to to make a trade, but the Cubs are going to want either Folty, Soroka, or Fried, plus some top prospects. So a trade for Bryant would likely create a need for another starting pitcher.

I'd give em Foly and one that isnt in our top 5

Edited by LouDog