2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If Camargo is on the bench then what place does he have? Always thought people overrated him.

Hopefully this means they plan on getting 2 bats and putting Nick on the bench.

We've got an extra roster position for 2020 and Culberson can play anywhere on the field. Why wouldn't we keep him?

14 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

If Culberson is out they would have to replace him. Camargo would the only backup IF on roster. 

Bringing back Hetch?

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We've got an extra roster position for 2020 and Culberson can play anywhere on the field. Why wouldn't we keep him?

Yeah I kind of forgot about that even though I just noticed it was posted above.

Has to be a reason either a trade or maybe he thinks he can start somewhere and they're trying to do him a solid?

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Bringing back Hetch?

Yeah I kind of forgot about that even though I just noticed it was posted above.

Has to be a reason either a trade or maybe he thinks he can start somewhere and they're trying to do him a solid?

You could bring back Hech but I dont trust his bat. He played out of his mind for us last year but that's way above the norm. His career OBP is .290 and that's after posting a .400 mark in his month of action with us.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

You could bring back Hech but I dont trust his bat. He played out of his mind for us last year but that's way above the norm. His career OBP is .290 and that's after posting a .400 mark in his month of action with us.

Yep. Just had this silly discussion on Twitter with folks talking about how he's better than Culberson and blah, blah, blah. How quickly people forget and turn their back on players.

I'm not in any way happy about Culberson's pending non-tender because he's been a **** of a clutch performer and by all accounts is an A+ dude, but taking the emotion out of it: he's a career .249/.295/.392 hitter who just put up a similar season, he's lost a step defensively, and he's coming off a horrible injury.

The writing was on the wall when the Braves had to go outside the organization simply to scrape by at shortstop when Swanson was out for three weeks. Camargo and Culberson are redundant, and Camargo is younger, has more upside, has more control, and has been more successful.