2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Sign Yan Gomes or Robinson Chirinos and keep Franciso Cervelli. Catcher position instantly upgraded over Tyler Flowers and whatever you call him.

Cervelli is a knock on the head away from his career being over. That is not a guy you sign to count on for any extended time. As for Gomes..the guy is basically the same player as Flowers, except you don’t know him..what exactly is the point of that? ****, he was actually a worse offensive player than Flowers. 

5 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Cervelli is a knock on the head away from his career being over. That is not a guy you sign to count on for any extended time. As for Gomes..the guy is basically the same player as Flowers, except you don’t know him..what exactly is the point of that? ****, he was actually a worse offensive player than Flowers. 

Gomes can actually catch the ******* ball!!! If we're going to have ****** offense from the catcher position then at least have one that can actually do the most basic act of playing the catcher position.

7 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

If you want a guy that can do both then sign Robinson Chirinos. His OPS the last 3 seasons combined is .798.

19 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Chirinos is generally pretty terrible defensively. Much better bat, but essentially a negative player behind the plate. 

I'm just sick of watching the same terrible players every year and no matter how you spin it Tyler Flowers qualifies as terrible!! Just sick and ******* tired of it and I lost my cool.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just sick of watching the same terrible players every year and no matter how you spin it Tyler Flowers qualifies as terrible!! Just sick and ******* tired of it and I lost my cool.

I mean, yeah, all of us want to upgrade over him. Unfortunately outside of Grandal, there isn’t anyone readily available that would be worth cutting bait with Flowers for. Wouldn’t be shocked if we do go after Grandal though.