2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves president Mike Plant was on a Liberty Media stream to investors. He told them the Braves are set up to win now and that "they're going for it." He added the plan is to compliment the core youth

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Atlanta Sports Fan.

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

Posted Images

Flowers makes sense to bring back even if he isn't the best. Just please don't bat Markakis 5th every game Snit. Asking a lot I know, but it is okay to let someone else bat 5th.

Didn't see all of what Suzuki did, but it's whatever. I'm just another hippie who thinks the political system is broken no matter who is in office...

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Flowers makes sense to bring back even if he isn't the best. Just please don't bat Markakis 5th every game Snit. Asking a lot I know, but it is okay to let someone else bat 5th.

Didn't see all of what Suzuki did, but it's whatever. I'm just another hippie who thinks the political system is broken no matter who is in office...

So. Much. This. ALL OF THIS.

3 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

So. Much. This. ALL OF THIS.

For real. I didn't vote for the guy and don't plan on doing it next year, but it's all just a bunch of people who really don't care about you that are just telling you what you want to hear. 

Alright, that's enough political talk for me lol

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves declined the option on Tyler Flowers and then signed him to a 1 year $4M deal. His option was for $6M with a $2M buyout. He still gets his $6M with the buyout but the Braves free up an additional $2M on the 2020 payroll by basically restructuring. 

Yawn, another ******* dumb move!!

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Markakis got the Flowers treatment. Option declined, signed for 1 year $4M. Braves keep both and gain $4M towards 2020 payroll.

Mother****!! What in the **** is wrong with this **** franchise? I'm convinced that none of the Atlanta franchises truly gives a fly ******* about winning. All they give a **** about is the ******* bottom line!! **** all this cheap *** ******** ******* treatment. Spend some ******* money and win the **** world series for ****'s sake!!

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Also, if that’s $4m to play the Matt Joyce role, I’ll take it. If that’s $4m to make 140-150 starts, I too will :barf:

We all ******* know that Nick Markakis will play 140 games again!!! I ******* said it last year when they said he would have "reduced" role and had he not gotten hurt he would have had 140 plus starts again!! ******* ******** for a player that can't get 1 ******* win worth of WAR.

21 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Anthopolous said they have Waters and Pache penciled in at AAA. He said he hopes they force their way into MLB like Riley did. 

He also said they haven't ruled out being Julio back. $12M was just too much. Julio can explore his options and the Braves can revisit the talks if other avenues fail.

Should have done that with Flowers and Markakis.