Falconsfan567

2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

1,591 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Weren't we in on him awhile back? Think it was Julio they wanted at the time.

The Coppy regime was interested. Chicago was interested in Julio as part of the package.

55 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Weren't we in on him awhile back? Think it was Julio they wanted at the time.

He was linked with us a couple of times, as was Javier Baez. A few years ago, the Cubs were in the same position as us, only with position prospects. They had more than needed and would have done a two-for-one to get pitching. They swapped Soler for Wade Davis.

14 minutes ago, jidady said:

He was linked with us a couple of times, as was Javier Baez. A few years ago, the Cubs were in the same position as us, only with position prospects. They had more than needed and would have done a two-for-one to get pitching. They swapped Soler for Wade Davis.

Bet they wish they had Jimenez, Cease, and Torres right about meow. They are the major reason I don’t want to be shortsighted. I firmly believe moves can be made while keeping your top prospects much like Houston. 

11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Pirates reportedly want a young catcher for Marte. Meaning Contreras would likely be a part of any Braves package. 

OK, then no.

13 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves top catching prospect Shea Langeliers has hired Scott Boras. 

I forgot we even had him...

What do you give him...2 yrs before he's ready?

30 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I forgot we even had him...

What do you give him...2 yrs before he's ready?

Yeah, thereabouts. I'd say maybe 2022. He was just drafted in June but coming from college he isnt as far away as a HS guy would be. When he was drafted the Braves indicated he'll go through the system as quickly as he allows them to move.

RING OF HONOR and Malachore like this

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, thereabouts. I'd say maybe 2022. He was just drafted in June but coming from college he isnt as far away as a HS guy would be. When he was drafted the Braves indicated he'll go through the system as quickly as he allows them to move.

His defense is very advanced, not just having the tools but putting them together. Where as Contreras has the arm but his feet are stuck in quicksand which negates his cannon. His bat doesn’t have Rutschman or Bart potential but it could end up slightly above average. Need to develop it as much as possible but the defense makes him a major leaguer for as long as his knees hold up.

If we dont bring back Donaldson for whatever reason, how would yall feel about trying to trade with the Indians for Jose Ramirez? Its been rumored that they may try to trade him.

RING OF HONOR likes this

18 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If we dont bring back Donaldson for whatever reason, how would yall feel about trying to trade with the Indians for Jose Ramirez? Its been rumored that they may try to trade him.

What up Mr. Dog.....How you been.....

No Donaldson....I would trade for Ramirez in a heartbeat 

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

What up Mr. Dog.....How you been.....

No Donaldson....I would trade for Ramirez in a heartbeat 

Doing good man. How bout you? Just working a ****load so I haven't been on here much. Yeah I think he we should definetly look into it if JD signs elsewhere

5 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Doing good man. How bout you? Just working a ****load so I haven't been on here much. Yeah I think he we should definetly look into it if JD signs elsewhere

I heard that....I'm just getting back here myself on the regular...took a lil break....

Exciting offseason so far...hopefully we keep it going....win now mode fo sho..

30 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Everything I've seen has been about Francisco Lindor and I'd do Lindor in a heartbeat but I'd settle for Ramirez. Ramirez isn't a FA until after the 2022 season.

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I heard that....I'm just getting back here myself on the regular...took a lil break....

Exciting offseason so far...hopefully we keep it going....win now mode fo sho..

Yeah our bullpen looks stout and I loved the Hamels signing. Definetly looking good for next year. Gotta take a break from this place every now and then :lol:

RING OF HONOR likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Everything I've seen has been about Francisco Lindor and I'd do Lindor in a heartbeat but I'd settle for Ramirez. Ramirez isn't a FA until after the 2022 season.

If we went Lindor im guessing we would move him to third? Havent watched enough of him to know how he compares to Dansby on fielding

After reading up on him it sound like Lindor is the better shortstop of the two. May mean moving Swanson to 3rd if we traded for Lindor

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

If we went Lindor im guessing we would move him to third? Havent watched enough of him to know how he compares to Dansby on fielding

34 minutes ago, LouDog said:

After reading up on him it sound like Lindor is the better shortstop of the two. May mean moving Swanson to 3rd if we traded for Lindor

If we traded for Lindor it would likely mean Swanson goes to CLE and I'm totally fine with it.

RING OF HONOR likes this

36 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If we traded for Lindor it would likely mean Swanson goes to CLE and I'm totally fine with it.

Think I would be too. I like Swanson but im always down for an upgrade. If we did that I wouldnt mind seeing Camargo get a shot at third. I know most disagree with me but I think he could be something.

48 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

A note on Lindor, reports are the Indians arent interested in trading him this year. Will wait till next year.

That's so incredibly stupid. If you're trading him, do it when he's got maximum value, not when he's in a walk year.