Falconsfan567

2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

531 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Alright, I've done my research, and now I'm all onboard the Zack Wheeler train!! Bring him home AA!! They said Newcomb will be given another shot at starting in 2020 and if we can get the 2018 Newcomb back, on man, now we've got something cooking.

Would love to slot him in the #2, probably going to get 5/100 from someone. 

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Would love to slot him in the #2, probably going to get 5/100 from someone. 

Yep. Highly doubtful it happens but nobody saw the Will Smith deal happening. Braves have locked up over $30M in the bullpen alone. That's crazy after years and years of never spending anything on the bullpen.

19 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Under MLBs proposal to change minor league baseball the Braves would be impacted. Danville and the Florida FireFrogs would be eliminated. 

DOB suggested the Braves may look to Chattanooga to put their High-A team if all this passes. Chattanooga is home to the Reds AA team but is currently on the chopping block with the FireFrogs. Braves could potentially gain a much closer High-A location and Chattanooga gets prospect from the local MLB team.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB suggested the Braves may look to Chattanooga to put their High-A team if all this passes. Chattanooga is home to the Reds AA team but is currently on the chopping block with the FireFrogs. Braves could potentially gain a much closer High-A location and Chattanooga gets prospect from the local MLB team.

This doesn't work without radical re-alignment of leagues. None of the current high-A leagues -- Carolina, California, or Florida State -- are really near Chattanooga. 

I don't believe the Lookouts will be cut. It has a rich tradition, a relatively new ballpark downtown near the aquarium, and gets good attendance. 

15 minutes ago, K26dp said:

This doesn't work without radical re-alignment of leagues. None of the current high-A leagues -- Carolina, California, or Florida State -- are really near Chattanooga. 

I don't believe the Lookouts will be cut. It has a rich tradition, a relatively new ballpark downtown near the aquarium, and gets good attendance. 

They've been discussing a new park but no traction yet. I sincerely hope they dont get cut. I live maybe 4 miles from the stadium. A lot of family fun during the summer will be impacted.

Hopefully MiLB will tell MLB to take that proposal and shove it up their collective *****. Nobody thinks this will help the game of baseball. It's a naked money grab.