Falconsfan567

2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

834 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Malachore said:

Ender's contract is pretty good value, especially if he can stay healthy. I honestly view him as a 4th OF though but with Nick on the team I just don't know.

Remember it is a 26 man roster beginning next year. You get an extra player of your choice. 

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I get the vibe that Pache and Waters both may get playing time this year 

I don't see it happening before July unless someone gets hurt. Neither looked too good in what time they had in AAA last year.

42 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't see it happening before July unless someone gets hurt. Neither looked too good in what time they had in AAA last year.

It wasnt bad. .271/.336 isnt bad for his limited action from Waters, Pache hit .274/.337. I do agree though, I dont think either is ready to be out there in April. We wont rush them.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I agree with that. It really is kind of hard to get jazzed up about an Acuna/Ender/Markakis OF though... I saw someone suggesting we go after Ozuna. 

Malachore likes this

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I agree with that. It really is kind of hard to get jazzed up about an Acuna/Ender/Markakis OF though... I saw someone suggesting we go after Ozuna. 

Ozuna would be nice along with JD coming back. I think we had interest there before.

55 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Wasn't ozuna offered the qualifying offer? 

FO changes. Anthopolous reassigned director of player development Dom Chiti. He fired assistant director AJ Scola. 

18 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

FO changes. Anthopolous reassigned director of player development Dom Chiti. He fired assistant director AJ Scola. 

Couple more holdovers from previous regimes.

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

Ozuna would be nice along with JD coming back. I think we had interest there before.

I've got no idea how realistic that is tbh. Would be fine with it, but I think more bringing JD back and signing Bum/Wheeler would be a good offseason for us

Donaldson holds the key to our plans. If he stays you can focus more to SP. If he leaves you need to find another power bat. I like Ozuna because we witnessed what one more thumper meant to this team before Riley hit a wall. I just dont know if hes worth the draft pick and money 

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

It wasnt bad. .271/.336 isnt bad for his limited action from Waters,

I like Waters, and I'm certainly not saying that I'm worried about him as a prospect. However, he struck out 43 times in 107 at bats. That is really bad. And an OPS of .710 for a corner outfielder is terrible, too. Thankfully, we're talking about a small sample size.

All this means in the greater scheme is that he's had a long look at AAA pitching and knows that there's work to be done. He's clearly not ready for the majors yet, but he hasn't even turned 21 yet. It's entirely possible he'll wreck Spring Training and do what Riley just did at AAA. He'll tell us when it's time.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I've got no idea how realistic that is tbh. Would be fine with it, but I think more bringing JD back and signing Bum/Wheeler would be a good offseason for us

Don't know why anyone would want Wheeler and/or Bumgarner. Yawn.

According to my research, here is what we know about the Braves 2020 payroll.

• Freddie Freeman - $22M
  • Mark Melancon - $14M
  • Ender Inciarte - $7.7M
  • Tyler Flowers - $4M
  • Nick Markakis - $4M
  • Ronald Acuna - $1M
  • Ozzie Albies - $1M

Totals up to $53.7M.

59 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Anthopolous said Donaldson is learning his market value. Then they'll enter discussions about a multi year deal.

With how a QO deters some teams I wonder if this is an advantage for the Braves. 

I want to see:

LF Marcel Ozuna

CF Acuna Jr

RF Mookie Betts

3B Donaldson

SS Swanson

2B Albies

1B Goldschmidt 

C Grandal

25 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

LOL! A man can dream can’t he?

I know each draft is different but last years competitive round A were picks 35-41. Round B were picks 70-77. 

16 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

And I want Jeff Bezos to give me half his checking account. 

I mean, I'll take 1% of his wife's divorce settlement. Don't even need to be THAT greedy.

Giants writer in the Bay Area saying the Braves have made Bumgarner a top priority this winter. He says they kicked the tires in July and would be a favorite due to their proximity to Bumgarner's NC home. His sources say the Braves plan is to get Bumgarner early.

jeffro2000 likes this