Falconsfan567

2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

838 posts in this topic

Alright guys, got it all out of my system. I'm cool now. First mega meltdown I've had about the Braves in quite some time. We'll see what happens. Won't hold my breath about them bringing in any mega impact bats or players for that matter.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Should have done that with Flowers and Markakis.

Yeah but the catching market is so weak. Its risky business going in with 0 catchers under control.

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Yeah but the catching market is so weak. Its risky business going in with 0 catchers under control.

Sign Yan Gomes or Robinson Chirinos and keep Franciso Cervelli. Catcher position instantly upgraded over Tyler Flowers and whatever you call him.

Malachore likes this

17 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Sign Yan Gomes or Robinson Chirinos and keep Franciso Cervelli. Catcher position instantly upgraded over Tyler Flowers and whatever you call him.

Cervelli is a knock on the head away from his career being over. That is not a guy you sign to count on for any extended time. As for Gomes..the guy is basically the same player as Flowers, except you don’t know him..what exactly is the point of that? ****, he was actually a worse offensive player than Flowers. 

Skott Lee and K26dp like this

5 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Cervelli is a knock on the head away from his career being over. That is not a guy you sign to count on for any extended time. As for Gomes..the guy is basically the same player as Flowers, except you don’t know him..what exactly is the point of that? ****, he was actually a worse offensive player than Flowers. 

Gomes can actually catch the ******* ball!!! If we're going to have ****** offense from the catcher position then at least have one that can actually do the most basic act of playing the catcher position.

7 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

If you want a guy that can do both then sign Robinson Chirinos. His OPS the last 3 seasons combined is .798.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB also said the Braves are still in the market for a LF. Acuna will take RF.

Is that true? Did maybe you mean Acuna will take CF? Maybe im confused.  If Acuna is in right and they are looking for a LF then Kakes is in center?

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If you want a guy that can do both then sign Robinson Chirinos. His OPS the last 3 seasons combined is .798.

Chirinos is generally pretty terrible defensively. Much better bat, but essentially a negative player behind the plate. 

1 minute ago, Dawggone said:

Is that true? Did maybe you mean Acuna will take CF? Maybe im confused.  If Acuna is in right and they are looking for a LF then Kakes is in center?

Right now it’s Ender, but I think all of us assume they will try for an upgrade somewhere out there. 

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Right now it’s Ender, but I think all of us assume they will try for an upgrade somewhere out there. 

It would be nice if Ender could recapture the 2017 version of Ender. I really like the guy. 

oztin likes this

7 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

19 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Chirinos is generally pretty terrible defensively. Much better bat, but essentially a negative player behind the plate. 

I'm just sick of watching the same terrible players every year and no matter how you spin it Tyler Flowers qualifies as terrible!! Just sick and ******* tired of it and I lost my cool.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just sick of watching the same terrible players every year and no matter how you spin it Tyler Flowers qualifies as terrible!! Just sick and ******* tired of it and I lost my cool.

I mean, yeah, all of us want to upgrade over him. Unfortunately outside of Grandal, there isn’t anyone readily available that would be worth cutting bait with Flowers for. Wouldn’t be shocked if we do go after Grandal though. 

Keep Donaldson and get an everyday OF via trade/FA/sacrificial offering. Between Markakis, Duvall and Inciarte, they can find someone to play the 3rd OF spot if they do that

TheTrue7 likes this

36 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Acuna wants RF and that's his best position. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Acuna wants RF and that's his best position. 

I guess i just assumed we were moving on from Ender.

42 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

No, Ender is controlled for 3 more years. At 7.7M next year it's a good deal for the elite defense he provides. He also helped his case by hitting .295 when he got healthy before getting hurt again.

1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

Ender's contract is pretty good value, especially if he can stay healthy. I honestly view him as a 4th OF though but with Nick on the team I just don't know.

5 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Punch to the gut on that one. 

It’s the only sports story I have seen this week, and I really wish I had missed it.

ATLBrave likes this

8 hours ago, Malachore said:

Ender's contract is pretty good value, especially if he can stay healthy. I honestly view him as a 4th OF though but with Nick on the team I just don't know.

I suppose I could live with that OF if we properly allocate the funds with 3b, C, and pitching.