Falconsfan567

2019-2020 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

990 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Malachore said:

We signed or traded for anyone yet??????

Yes, but we're not going to tell you about it until December.

falconsd56 likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

We signed or traded for anyone yet??????

You're not allowed to make any moves until 5 days after the World Series ends when free agency opens.

22 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I think Camargo deserves a legit chance at starting this year. 

Based on exactly what and what position?

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Based on exactly what and what position?

I just think if given the oppurtunity to be an everyday player he will succeed. He looked like a different player after his stint in the minors last year. I know it wasnt for a long period of time but he appeared to have figured something out with his swing. I like the passion he brings to the game. I'm not saying just give him a spot but let him know he has a legit oppurtunity to earn a spot and see what he can do. He was a .272 hitter in 18 and a .299 hitter in 17. He may never be an all-star but we also need productive roll players and he may be able to give us more than the likes of Markakis/Duvall/Joyce/ etc

Edited by LouDog

2 hours ago, jidady said:

Yes, but we're not going to tell you about it until December.

Noooooooooooo

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're not allowed to make any moves until 5 days after the World Series ends when free agency opens.

Haha yeah I know, just bored.

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

I think Camargo deserves a legit chance at starting this year. 

I'll gladly pass on this idea he really turned me off on him this year when i seen him start sulking and putting little effort in not only at the plate but even on the field. 

15 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I'll gladly pass on this idea he really turned me off on him this year when i seen him start sulking and putting little effort in not only at the plate but even on the field. 

To each their own

Message to anybody interested. There is an app called the Fox Sports Super 6 that gives you the oppurtunity to win cash for no cost. They pick 2 or 3 games per week and ask 6 random questions. The people that get the most right split the pot. For instance, they have one for game 1 of The world series tonight. They ask what player scores a run first, who wins the game, how many strikeouts will each team have, etc. And the pot is 10 k

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Camargo just makes our bench so much better.

That's so important. You really need 10 or 11 capable everyday players in order to win the World Series, especially in the NL. Who knows how much longer we'll get to enjoy true baseball the way it was meant to be.

4 hours ago, K26dp said:

Brian Snitker has won the Sporting News NL Manager of the Year for the second year in a row.

Awards mean nothing..

I kid.. I kid..

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Awards mean nothing..

I kid.. I kid..

Sadly The Sporting News isn't what is official, and I highly doubt Snitker will win the BBWAA award, even though you can make a great case he should. I don't see any way Craig Counsell doesn't win it. Bobby Cox only won it 4 times in his career, 1985 in Toronto and 1991, 2004, and 2005. Another reason I doubt Snitker wins it again is because Bobby Cox winning it in 2004 and 2005 is the only time a manager has won MOTY in 2 straight years.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:52 PM, K26dp said:

2B Ozzie Albies and 3B Josh Donaldson have been named as finalists for the Gold Glove.

Freddie needs to step up as a clutch hitter. He’s the king of solo homers in the 8th inning in a blowout loss. Frankly I’m sick of the guy. 

6 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

Freddie needs to step up as a clutch hitter. He’s the king of solo homers in the 8th inning in a blowout loss. Frankly I’m sick of the guy. 

What's your previous SN?

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What's your previous SN?

Nice to meet you too. For what it’s worth I don’t have a previous one.