Unknøwn

McCann will retire

12 posts in this topic

McCann was a great Brave. He had a great year and you could tell he was having fun!

I wish he, the team, would've ended on a better note, but I know we will all remember him as a Brave!

Bravo Brian!

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Very disappointed that Brian McCann's career ends this way, same way I felt about Chipper and the way it ended for him. Totally heartbreaking. Can't wait to see #16 get retired!! B-Mac is the best Braves catcher I've ever seen!!

I teared up watching his post game interview.  

23 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I’m guessing Snit knew and then PH for him in his last AB. 

What a clown 

McCann said Snitker was aware. They had a moment in the dugout when he PH for him. I'm guessing he wanted Flowers to get an AB.

5 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

McCann said Snitker was aware. They had a moment in the dugout when he PH for him. I'm guessing he wanted Flowers to get an AB.

Maybe so, but I don’t get it. Of all times to let Flowers get an AB, why in what could have been the last of his career? Just seems like odd timing. Would have been nice if he could have gone out with an ovation, but I guess not 

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Very disappointed that Brian McCann's career ends this way, same way I felt about Chipper and the way it ended for him. Totally heartbreaking. Can't wait to see #16 get retired!! B-Mac is the best Braves catcher I've ever seen!!

Right behind Javy Lopez for me. 

I loved McCann dearly and am happy to see him choosing when it's over rather than hanging on too long.

I must admit that I'm not surprised by this. When Frenchy would talk about their car rides to and from games this year, it sounded like McCann realized just how easy his friend had it. McCann will become a terrific baseball announcer. He's cerebral, honest, funny, and respected. Frenchy's only the middle two. 

I'm sure Mac will be back next year to work some games for Fox. He'll probably also return for the retirement of the #16. Although his family is a factor hes retiring because his body cant handle it anymore. The time he pointed to for the decision being made was when he went on the IL the final time. He knew then it was time to hang it up. He'll be around.