roguebeaver

Braves matching Falcons 28/3 meltdown! 13/0 !

48 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I never understood Snit starting Dallas K in Game1! The Braves locked up the East early enough to have set the pitching staff to go with 

Soroka Game 1

Fried Game 2

Foltz Game 3

Dallas K Game 4

Soroka Game 5

Give your best pitcher 2 starts in a five game series! It’s a no brainer! 

We are looking at a different series if Soroka had gotten Game 1

Boom!! That's what any smart manager would have done. You want your best pitcher to have 2 shots. 

20 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Hah. I married into Argentinean family so I understand their soccer obsession. That being said, you're talking level of competition in leagues that have totally different salary structures. MLS is majorly limited in what they can do but they still can put out a good product. It's like a Manchester fan saying Boca Is garbage since they aren't as fast or physical as EPL. Doesn't diminish there accomplishments, both leagues have different styles and levels of competition. United still beat Club America. Can't take that away. 

I get what you are saying, but even viewed hermetically within the American sports landscape MLS is kind of irrelevant, it's niche at best. League's in Argentina and Mexico may be of comparable quality to MLS, but they are at least wildly (insanely) successful domestically. MLS, on the other hand, is a league that is generally irrelevant both nationally and internationally. Now I understand there are very passionate fans who love the team and follow the league but the truth is that outside of Atlanta a few people really care, or even know about it. Get into a sports debate with an average sports fan and see how they react when you bring up an MLS championship... that's the point I'm making.

3 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I get what you are saying, but even viewed hermetically within the American sports landscape MLS is kind of irrelevant, it's niche at best. League's in Argentina and Mexico may be of comparable quality to MLS, but they are at least wildly (insanely) successful domestically. MLS, on the other hand, is a league that is generally irrelevant both nationally and internationally. Now I understand there are very passionate fans who love the team and follow the league but the truth is that outside of Atlanta a few people really care, or even know about it. Get into a sports debate with an average sports fan and see how they react when you bring up an MLS championship... that's the point I'm making.

I'm not arguing that point. I know far too well that soccer plays 2nd fiddle in the states. But what grinds my gears are people in the city that would rather have company with their Falcons misery.. than acknowledge the overwhelming success of Blank's other team. 

1 hour ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

I'm not arguing that point. I know far too well that soccer plays 2nd fiddle in the states. But what grinds my gears are people in the city that would rather have company with their Falcons misery.. than acknowledge the overwhelming success of Blank's other team. 

You can't expect everyone to just be happy that Atlanta won a title in a sport and league that most people just don't care about. For the ones that do it's neato, but most people just don't. I know a lot of Falcons fans probably don't. I think it's cool but it's not something that quenches my thirst for a championship. The United team has been around for less than three seasons. Falcons, Braves, and Hawks have been playing longer than the MLS even exists. Most fans are invested in the teams they've been watching since they were kids playing the sports they actually like, which is why they are ambivalent about a United championship. Just natural really. 

2 hours ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I never understood Snit starting Dallas K in Game1! The Braves locked up the East early enough to have set the pitching staff to go with 

Soroka Game 1

Fried Game 2

Foltz Game 3

Dallas K Game 4

Soroka Game 5

Yep. Snitker outsmarted himself with that rotation. They just couldn't overcome it. Keuchel pitched his way right on out of town this post-season. 

sdogg and Dr Long Shot like this

11 hours ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

Soroka Game 1

Fried Game 2

Foltz Game 3

Dallas K Game 4

Soroka Game 5

And there it is. I would have never gave Soroka his first postseason start on the road AND set him up to ONLY pitch one time when he was the most consistently good starter!

Now with all of that said... Our bats let us down BIG TIME in this series.

15 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

And there it is. I would have never gave Soroka his first postseason start on the road AND set him up to ONLY pitch one time when he was the most consistently good starter!

11 hours ago, sdogg said:

Boom!! That's what any smart manager would have done. You want your best pitcher to have 2 shots. 

Buck Showalter 

Need mean, and aggressive..not being a loveable dad to these guys.

Not from "The Braves tree of coaching"

If these bats "disappear" in big moments, Buck will chew them up during this series.. 

Hitters 3-6 took this series off...

6 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I just think you just set up United for a “here, hold my beer” moment.

Lol i didn't mean too but at least they already have a chip! 

Edited by TX Falcon
Add to msg
Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

20 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yay, Atlanta has a good soccer team that plays in a league that isn't even top 10 in the world. Hurray! It's like bragging about having the best single-A team in the minor leagues. 

Whatever  its still a win! 

7 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Bingo. Had every opportunity imaginable to bury them in game 4, couldn't cash in. 

sdogg and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

31 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Lol i didn't mean too but at least they already have a chip! 

For now, their moment might Include either Having to forfeit it to an obscure rule or going back in time and undoing what was done! 

They we're not beating The Dodgers, Nationals, Astrosvor Yankees anyway...

Foltz was inconsistent all year.

The Braves Organization did not trade those prospects for a power-pitch Ace..A HOF.

So, they will have to "shrink-away" for a few years, and play some of these prospects.

New blood..Maybe, new results and in a few seasons

On 10/10/2019 at 8:11 AM, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

And you probably thought this up in about 2 minutes, and I’m sure Snitker mulled over this decision for hours analyzing and thus overthinking it. 

1 hour ago, Skott Lee said:

And you probably thought this up in about 2 minutes, and I’m sure Snitker mulled over this decision for hours analyzing and thus overthinking it. 

No, it took about five games to realize the bats were ice cold.