roguebeaver

Braves matching Falcons 28/3 meltdown! 13/0 !

46 posts in this topic

Just now, HEIST said:

My personal policy for the Braves is that everybody who called out Acuña and proceeded to not do **** for the rest of the series needs to get out. He responded, those losers didn't. Ah well, that's baseball though. 166 games culminating in this.

Acuna, Albies, Soroka, Dansby and Duvall were generally up to the moment, most everyone else failed.

Just now, Doctor Kildare said:

Acuna, Albies, Soroka, Dansby and Duvall were generally up to the moment, most everyone else failed.

Yep. Middle of the order did terrible this series.

And, we went to the Folty well 1 too many times.

Always knew starting pitching would be our make or break on a playoff run.

It's the same thing looking forward next year...offense should be good but who will pair with Soroka? Fried? Dallas is a question mark and does Donaldson stay for a couple years while Riley figures it out?

13 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Freaking Atlanta teams with Big Dogs choking it up!! Big, big gaggers!

3rd inning down 13 to 0!

This stuff is surreal and unreal!

Can we ban the Aints fans? Where is Bill Vinovitch?

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It's the same thing looking forward next year...offense should be good but who will pair with Soroka? Fried? Dallas is a question mark and does Donaldson stay for a couple years while Riley figures it out?

Good news is those losers McCann and Markakis are gone. The team HAS to bring in a clubhouse leader, because Freeman ain't it. 

roguebeaver likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

They badly need a top of the rotation type like Cole to go along with Soroka. Keuchel could not even get through the middle innings in two tries this series. We need two superior starters in the postseason at the minimum and right now we only have one.

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Good news is those losers McCann and Markakis are gone. The team HAS to bring in a clubhouse leader, because Freeman ain't it. 

Freddie I'm not worried about. I'd rather him get surgery on that elbow bone spur and make it a non-issue moving forward.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

They badly need a top of the rotation type like Cole to go along with Soroka. Keuchel could not even get through the middle innings in two tries this series. We need two superior starters in the postseason at the minimum and right now we only have one.

Agreed. Keuchel fell so flat in the playoffs for the Braves BUT they should have won both of his starts...

Every game except game 5 today the Braves were in position to win at some point.

12 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yay, Atlanta has a good soccer team that plays in a league that isn't even top 10 in the world. Hurray! It's like bragging about having the best single-A team in the minor leagues. 

A lot of hating on your own city's team when you don't even understand the sport. Every major country/region in the world has their own leagues. It's a big deal winning your league. There are over 800 nonsecondary clubs across the world. Not every club can be the best in the world. It doesn't make them irrelevant.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, ParanoidAndroid said:

A lot of hating on your own city's team when you don't even understand the sport. Every major country/region in the world has their own leagues. It's a big deal winning your league. There are over 800 nonsecondary clubs across the world. Not every club can be the best in the world. It doesn't make them irrelevant.

I don't understand the sport? I'm Argentinian, I think I probably understand the sport pretty well. There isn't a real footy fan that takes the MLS even remotely seriously. It's making some strides as a league but there are at least 10 leagues that have better quality than the MLS. They couldn't beat mediocre Mexican league clubs in the Concacaf version of the Champions League. Imagine if they had to play in the real Champions League? That would be embarrassing.

The level of competition in the NFL, MLB and NBA is on a whole other galaxy than the MLS. You have the best players in the world hands down competing in those three major leagues, the MLS is a league of has-beens and never will bes, and sorry of that offends United fans but it's a cold hard fact. Josef Martinez who set the record for goals in a season last year is a bench player for the Venezuelan national team... dude's barely world-class. Zlatan and Rooney are the two best players and are way past their prime. Zlatan is 38! 

Godzilla1985 likes this

37 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

I still think the comparison may still be valid if it’s true. MLB A minor league is prolly about the 10th best league in the world for baseball.

is the United in the best US soccer league? If so I guess it is a valid thing to be excited about.

as you can see I know nothing about them.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yay, Atlanta has a good soccer team that plays in a league that isn't even top 10 in the world. Hurray! It's like bragging about having the best single-A team in the minor leagues. 

lol

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Braves should've pitched Soroka. Folty was always a huge gamble and game 2 was a miracle with his bi-polar history as a pitcher.

We relied on a guy that barely made it back to the big leagues a couple months ago in the pivotal game 5.

Soroka ace of the staff all year sits...

I never understood Snit starting Dallas K in Game1! The Braves locked up the East early enough to have set the pitching staff to go with 

Soroka Game 1

Fried Game 2

Foltz Game 3

Dallas K Game 4

Soroka Game 5

Give your best pitcher 2 starts in a five game series! It’s a no brainer! 

We are looking at a different series if Soroka had gotten Game 1

PokerSteve, sdogg and roguebeaver like this

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I don't understand the sport? I'm Argentinian, I think I probably understand the sport pretty well. There isn't a real footy fan that takes the MLS even remotely seriously. It's making some strides as a league but there are at least 10 leagues that have better quality than the MLS. They couldn't beat mediocre Mexican league clubs in the Concacaf version of the Champions League. Imagine if they had to play in the real Champions League? That would be embarrassing.

The level of competition in the NFL, MLB and NBA is on a whole other galaxy than the MLS. You have the best players in the world hands down competing in those three major leagues, the MLS is a league of has-beens and never will bes, and sorry of that offends United fans but it's a cold hard fact. Josef Martinez who set the record for goals in a season last year is a bench player for the Venezuelan national team... dude's barely world-class. Zlatan and Rooney are the two best players and are way past their prime. Zlatan is 38! 

Hah. I married into Argentinean family so I understand their soccer obsession. That being said, you're talking level of competition in leagues that have totally different salary structures. MLS is majorly limited in what they can do but they still can put out a good product. It's like a Manchester fan saying Boca Is garbage since they aren't as fast or physical as EPL. Doesn't diminish there accomplishments, both leagues have different styles and levels of competition. United still beat Club America. Can't take that away. 

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

My personal policy for the Braves is that everybody who called out Acuña and proceeded to not do **** for the rest of the series needs to get out. He responded, those losers didn't. Ah well, that's baseball though. 166 games culminating in this.

Not only that, but they didn't have his back when it was clear that the Cards were trying to instigate drama with him. They left him on the battlefield alone.