I'm done

IamFRESCO1

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It makes no sense that people don't understand that. It's no different than you or I getting up and going to work. This is their version of going to work. After the game is over they go home to their families just like everyday joe's do.

Not like me! I can't begin to relate to the money these guys are being paid. Yeah they have short careers but with any care and investment they are set for life. They are supposed to be the best of the best. And sadly so many get paid and that's it, they got theirs. Human nature I suppose but still sux.

Not gonna lie.  If we had won SB51, I would have finally been able to walk away from football.

Not sour or anything, just it isn't the same game I grew up watching in the late-80s and 90s.  Used to put on all of my superstitions to watch the Falcons game, then still be able to enjoy the rest of the games on TV and watch in-depth highlights and analysis of ALL the other games later on Sportscenter the rest of the night.  Now I just watch the Falcons game, then maybe keep the late games on in the background while I do something more interesting.

23 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Not like me! I can't begin to relate to the money these guys are being paid. Yeah they have short careers but with any care and investment they are set for life. They are supposed to be the best of the best. And sadly so many get paid and that's it, they got theirs. Human nature I suppose but still sux.

Yes, they make a ton more money than we do, but again, it's just a job for them. Many of them don't "love" it like you would expect them to. That "love" goes out the window when it becomes a business. Win or lose, they still go home to their families after the game and that's that.

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That **** has gotten so popular. ******* ****.

My son is a mumble rapper. Here’s the thing. I don’t like mumble rap, but there are some I enjoy. I don’t like everything my son does, but I love him and even some of his songs. If I don’t want to hear or see something I won’t watch or listen...like this new Star Wars garbage

I still love Star Wars, just not the new direction. So I am not watching.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

My son is a mumble rapper. Here’s the thing. I don’t like mumble rap, but there are some I enjoy. I don’t like everything my son does, but I love him and even some of his songs. If I don’t want to hear or see something I won’t watch or listen...like this new Star Wars garbage

I still love Star Wars, just not the new direction. So I am not watching.

Word. Same for me with the Star Wars. They’ve lost me. I checked out. 

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, they make a ton more money than we do, but again, it's just a job for them. Many of them don't "love" it like you would expect them to. That "love" goes out the window when it becomes a business. Win or lose, they still go home to their families after the game and that's that.

Yeah, they're just people, but I think the show me the money and I'm gone attitude is why so many (myself included) are showing much less interest. They were people too back in the 70's, 80's and 90's but they put it all out there or so it seemed to me!

4 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Yeah, they're just people, but I think the show me the money and I'm gone attitude is why so many (myself included) are showing much less interest. They were people too back in the 70's, 80's and 90's but they put it all out there or so it seemed to me!

They didn't make nearly as much money back then either. They had other jobs they worked in the offseason to help make ends meet. They were very easily replaceable back then too. As we've seen now days, you can beat the **** out of women and still have a job. Stuff like that didn't happen back then. If you were caught beating women or some out outrageous sin you were blackballed from the league. Now days the owners turn a blind eye to that kind of stuff because of the amount of money that said player can put in their pocket. Owners are just as much to blame for the current state of the NFL as the players.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They didn't make nearly as much money back then either. They had other jobs they worked in the offseason to help make ends meet. They were very easily replaceable back then too. As we've seen now days, you can beat the **** out of women and still have a job. Stuff like that didn't happen back then. If you were caught beating women or some out outrageous sin you were blackballed from the league. Now days the owners turn a blind eye to that kind of stuff because of the amount of money that said player can put in their pocket. Owners are just as much to blame for the current state of the NFL as the players.

Maybe, it's a pretty complex thing. Kinda relates to the way kids are raised these days. Not much accountability growing up.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:14 AM, youngbloodz said:

Show me anywhere it says they are to entertain the fans? That's suck a naive comment lol. They don't care if you enjoy it or not. They are collecting paychecks. You think Belichick cares about your entertainment lol

Yes because that's all football is a game for entertainment. He expects his players to "do your job." This is why they are the best and consistent.

The Falcons have a bad manager and all his employees are screwing around watch youtube all day.

1 hour ago, ssj5gal said:

Yes because that's all football is a game for entertainment. He expects his players to "do your job." This is why they are the best and consistent.

The Falcons have a bad manager and all his employees are screwing around watch youtube all day.

The NFL to the players is a business. They get paid. It isn't entertainment to them. Only to the fans. That's the point I'm trying to make. 

On 10/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, IamFRESCO1 said:

I remember a few years back watching a falcons game (that we were losing) and the camera panned across the bench and I saw the players smiling looking like they were asking each other what they were gone do after the game/blow out...

But the fans sitting in the stands hurt.... 

I remembered how that felt (as a fan).

We put so much stock behind these guys and we want them to care as much as we do......but truth is...after the game is over they're still rich...we care and they don't.

https://instagram.com/stories/gradyjarrett/2150436886254424204?igshid=1odqn0mrxur6t

PSLs ruined this game, look a the Saints Jags game, full of Saints fans.