IamFRESCO1

I'm done

75 posts in this topic

My money stays in my pockets, you don't have to spend bucks if you don't want too. No one is twisting anyones arm. I don't support all these mega bucks these people are earning it has ruined the sport in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

My brother is a lifelong Chiefs fan and I can tell you from experience the Chiefs are in the same neighborhood as the Falcons when it comes to tearing your heart out. All those Super Bowls that Buffalo lost in the 90's? They were only there because KC choked themselves out of the playoffs despite being the class of the AFC.

I know I’m just considering them cuz they’re the “home team” since I live in Missouri. I’ve seen a lot of chiefs games prior to buying the Sunday Ticket (8 years ago) but idk, I’ve always cheered for the ravens too. Feel like I’m in football limbo rn. Or maybe a free agent analogy would be more appropriate lol

NCFalconfan likes this

20 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

I remember a few years back watching a falcons game (that we were losing) and the camera panned across the bench and I saw the players smiling looking like they were asking each other what they were gone do after the game/blow out...

But the fans sitting in the stands hurt.... 

I remembered how that felt (as a fan).

We put so much stock behind these guys and we want them to care as much as we do......but truth is...after the game is over they're still rich...we care and they don't.

https://instagram.com/stories/gradyjarrett/2150436886254424204?igshid=1odqn0mrxur6t

So is Quinn and company 

Im not done. However, we have intentionally planned to take this sunday off from watching this team and do something enjoyable; spending the day in Yellowstone....

I dont mind watching us lose, its nothing new.... its the nature of the losses that gets old. A hard fought loss is fine. Some teams are just better or some Sundays just don't work out. The lack of effort and horrific level of preparedness are what make me frustrated. 

NCFalconfan and GhostofGritz like this

Here's what you do.  Stop watching the games, because 4 hours of terrible football is 4 hours too many.

After each game the NFL uploads a highlights video that pretty much goes through everything you'd want to see anyway.  They are 10-15 minutes long, so you get your Sunday back to do whatever you want.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:33 PM, youngbloodz said:

This is business to them. Don't understand why people can't grasp that concept. The fans care a heck of a lot more than the players in general 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

If im ever done, I'll probably just be gone, but if I ever said I was done , you could bank your life on it. Im one that slowly breaks up until I don't care anymore. I use to watch every single game. I made a big event out of them all. Cooking something and what not. I rewatched every play of our games 5-10 times, going through every player and the entire play to see what went right and wrong. I watched every ounce of football on period. Future draft prospects, my own mocks, and such. Now, i just watch the Falcon's and Georgia mostly. Hardly ever watch anything else. I do still watch the draft, but that's about it. It's getting less and less. If things don't change, one day in the future, I will walk away. Everyone close to me that I talked football with, have already walked away because of all the crap in football now, so im alone with it now. It's Not as fun. The radio and you folks is all the conversation I get anymore. The NFL has fans dropping like flies and they are to dumb to see it. Im trying to hang on, but it's hard now days.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH
vitaman and GhostofGritz like this

11 hours ago, Chaz said:

Easy to say; hard to do.

It’s dumb how hard it is to stop caring. It’s like the falcons are a drug or something. I want to stop but I just keep coming back. No matter what I decide to do or who to watch on sundays **** the saints for life

23 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

It’s dumb how hard it is to stop caring. It’s like the falcons are a drug or something. I want to stop but I just keep coming back. No matter what I decide to do or who to watch on sundays **** the saints for life

Oh trust me when I say, I’m not entertained and haven’t been for a very long time. It’s not yet an annoyance, but I don’t cry if I miss a game

8 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

All these years. Sawyer Brown. Go home man. This place is not your home. You won’t find happiness here. 

Killer song

Chaz likes this

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Oh trust me when I say, I’m not entertained and haven’t been for a very long time. It’s not yet an annoyance, but I don’t cry if I miss a game

Dude. You’re at that age man. Like me. If I happen to be home it’s on in the background and I may peak in. I always check in.  Thing is, I’m never home on Sundays anymore these days. I’m actually going to church these days with my in-laws then having lunch. Which the day goes on and on. I care about the Falcons though but devoting my whole afternoon? I can’t get there anymore. Not unless changes are made. Real changes. 

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Killer song

Sobering song. I’m looking at my wife sleeping and am literally talking to myself. “Be a better man”. Pearl Jam reference too. (And I don’t suck. I literally take care of her at all levels) but still...be better. better than good. 

LouDog likes this

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Sobering song. I’m looking at my wife sleeping and am literally talking to myself. “Be a better man”. Pearl Jam reference too. (And I don’t suck. I literally take care of her at all levels) but still...be better. better than good. 

We can always be better

Chaz likes this

8 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Dude. You’re at that age man. Like me. If I happen to be home it’s on in the background and I may peak in. I always check in.  Thing is, I’m never home on Sundays anymore these days. I’m actually going to church these days with my in-laws then having lunch. Which the day goes on and on. I care about the Falcons though but devoting my whole afternoon? I can’t get there anymore. Not unless changes are made. Real changes. 

Exactly 

On 10/9/2019 at 2:33 PM, youngbloodz said:

This is business to them. Don't understand why people can't grasp that concept. The fans care a heck of a lot more than the players in general 

Yeah. Still a culture problem. They can't even do their **** jobs, but since they aren't held responsible, why should they care?

But yeah, I do other things on Sundays. Better things to do most of em. Still love a lot of football, but in the end it's entertainment.

Chaz likes this

On 10/9/2019 at 4:56 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

This. Some players want championships sure but there's plenty that are just there for the check and I can't blame them. Imagine the work they went through to get where they are? Let them relax and enjoy it. As a fan of course I want the Falcons to win but man I just love watching football and I'll find other games or things to do on Sunday if the Falcons suck.

This is dumb. Their job is to entertain us. Not collecting pay checks. Maybe you do that on your job. Most of us go to work to a place we enjoy, to perform and get paid.

18 minutes ago, ssj5gal said:

This is dumb. Their job is to entertain us. Not collecting pay checks. Maybe you do that on your job. Most of us go to work to a place we enjoy, to perform and get paid.

Talk to some players and you'll see man

On 10/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, youngbloodz said:

It makes no sense that people don't understand that. It's no different than you or I getting up and going to work. This is their version of going to work. After the game is over they go home to their families just like everyday joe's do.

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 hours ago, ssj5gal said:

Show me anywhere it says they are to entertain the fans? That's suck a naive comment lol. They don't care if you enjoy it or not. They are collecting paychecks. You think Belichick cares about your entertainment lol

Ovie_Lover likes this