IamFRESCO1

I'm done

75 posts in this topic

I remember a few years back watching a falcons game (that we were losing) and the camera panned across the bench and I saw the players smiling looking like they were asking each other what they were gone do after the game/blow out...

But the fans sitting in the stands hurt.... 

I remembered how that felt (as a fan).

We put so much stock behind these guys and we want them to care as much as we do......but truth is...after the game is over they're still rich...we care and they don't.

https://instagram.com/stories/gradyjarrett/2150436886254424204?igshid=1odqn0mrxur6t

21 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

This is business to them. Don't understand why people can't grasp that concept. The fans care a heck of a lot more than the players in general 

This. Some players want championships sure but there's plenty that are just there for the check and I can't blame them. Imagine the work they went through to get where they are? Let them relax and enjoy it. As a fan of course I want the Falcons to win but man I just love watching football and I'll find other games or things to do on Sunday if the Falcons suck.

And here all along I thought it was impossible that R The Dope would find a mating partner...yet, here we are. Now u guys know why I don't buy lottery tickets.

I get that it can be painful being a fan, believe me.

But in the big picture it's still just a game, it's entertainment...and if it affects you to such a degree that your quality of life is damaged,  that you're actually psychologically upset...maybe you should indeed find something else to do with your Sundays. 

The older I get, the less I care, or am impressed by the NFL. add that to the falcons woes, and it's not hard to completely tune out the NFL season. 

I'll always want the falcons to do well. I'll always celebrate their successes. What I won't do is have faith in their success, or spend money on tickets or merchandise. 

Social media can't be used as a barometer for if a player cares. At work, I give 100%. When my day is done, my focus and energy is elsewhere. A bad day at work doesn't mean I go home to the wife and kids and make my jobs bad day their bad day. 

Lower your expectations, like you should have done after 28-3, and you'll be ok. 

Drbob, BUBBASBEANS, Unitas and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

ps---I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about the Braves.   :sadwave:

The wonderful thing is you can make the teams interchangeable. 

4 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

This is business to them. Don't understand why people can't grasp that concept. The fans care a heck of a lot more than the players in general 

THIS.  I've said this over and over. These are millionaires.  They could care less about YOUR problems...

Just now, AtlantaFalconPokerPro said:

The older I get, the less I care, or am impressed by the NFL. add that to the falcons woes, and it's not hard to completely tune out the NFL season. 

I'll always want the falcons to do well. I'll always celebrate their successes. What I won't do is have faith in their success, or spend money on tickets or merchandise. 

Social media can't be used as a barometer for if a player cares. At work, I give 100%. When my day is done, my focus and energy is elsewhere. A bad day at work doesn't mean I go home to the wife and kids and make my jobs bad day their bad day. 

Lower your expectations, like you should have done after 28-3, and you'll be ok. 

Losing a 28-3 lead at the sb would happen to Al Bundy and the Bundy curse

17 hours ago, kirbyr said:

Of all the players' social media to complain about you go with Grady? He's the only one on defense trying.

Failed thread.....my gripe is not with Grady but the video that I fail to make note of

14 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Thinking ab becoming a chiefs fan. Hard to ditch a franchise but I guess they do it to cities all over the US

My brother is a lifelong Chiefs fan and I can tell you from experience the Chiefs are in the same neighborhood as the Falcons when it comes to tearing your heart out. All those Super Bowls that Buffalo lost in the 90's? They were only there because KC choked themselves out of the playoffs despite being the class of the AFC.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

17 hours ago, AtlantaFalconPokerPro said:

Very well said. I've followed them for decades and at times took it way too much to heart, after all...it really is just a game. This season I've actually realized that and what a relief...lol. Like you, I'll always hope they win, but I've really pulled back this year. Sure, I enjoy checking in on the board, more of a reader than poster. They're so bad though, that I'm not really watching the games, only checking in occasionally. Like I said, I hope they do well, but it's not ruining my Sundays anymore and that truly is a relief.

Don't worry I've got some promises I will make next week that will hook you back in. I am already typing up my next Rah Rah speech.