roguebeaver

Keuchel should be relegated to the pen

10 posts in this topic

Look at his production over the last 5 games and tell me why not? He does not have the velocity to overpower hitters, and he is not of the quality of a Glavine or Maddox! 

Yes his 8/8 record helped during the regular season, but he is not a game one starter in the playoffs! 

Mr. October, rainmaker of pro hitters!! 

41 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Look at his production over the last 5 games and tell me why not? He does not have the velocity to overpower hitters, and he is not of the quality of a Glavine or Maddox! 

Yes his 8/8 record helped during the regular season, but he is not a game one starter in the playoffs! 

I’m a bit shocked that he hasn’t been paired with Flowers at all. The numbers and the pitcher himself both favor Flowers over McCann. Hopefully if we advance, Flowers gets more opportunities with the LHP that will likely remain. 

roguebeaver likes this

5 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I’m a bit shocked that he hasn’t been paired with Flowers at all. The numbers and the pitcher himself both favor Flowers over McCann. Hopefully if we advance, Flowers gets more opportunities with the LHP that will likely remain. 

Flowers might or might not have helped. Keuchel has terrible numbers against RHB and that is what lit him up against the Cardinals.

Yeah Keuchel will be a better option against the left handed bats of the Dodgers or Nats. The Nats aren't as lefty heavy as the Dodgers, but they still have Soto, Adams, Eaton, and Parra that bat lefty. 

2 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

I don’t know if I would trust him coming out of the Pen to get a key out with runners on? He has been regulated to Tehran Zone? To be used only if and when everyone else has been tried and are out of the game!

roguebeaver likes this

39 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I don’t know if I would trust him coming out of the Pen to get a key out with runners on? He has been regulated to Tehran Zone? To be used only if and when everyone else has been tried and are out of the game!

Agree, unless it’s a mop up with Braves leading like 10/2 or something like that. But, then you have Luke!’ Lol

1 hour ago, capologist said:

If Kuechel would have just not pitched to Goldschmidt and Ozuna, he'd have been fine...lol

So true!! 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah Keuchel will be a better option against the left handed bats of the Dodgers or Nats. The Nats aren't as lefty heavy as the Dodgers, but they still have Soto, Adams, Eaton, and Parra that bat lefty. 

Then perhaps, game 3 starter in a 7 game set. Perhaps 

4 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Then perhaps, game 3 starter in a 7 game set. Perhaps 

Regardless of who we play if we make it, I think he will do better in that situation

roguebeaver likes this