Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconizer123

49ers post game Interviews

75 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

I agree. I also believe there is recency bias going on with Shanny, let's slow the roll on whether he is the second coming of football Jesus. They are undefeated this year, I get it. They just beat up an over hyped browns team and looked like us in 2016 doing it. Remember 2015 we started 5-0 and ended up 8-8. Let's get a bigger sample size before lamenting KS leaving.

Yep. So many ways to attack on offense. Kyle is just one. Yes, the Falcons had him, but he's not the pinnacle in the NFL. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Koetter isn't skinning it though...

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Right. 

You tell the head coach who just took you to the super bowl in his second year   'You're fired...I think I should promote your OC to Head Coach because I can see how bad we're going to be three years from now after the OC leaves'. .

Sounds perfectly logical to me.  

I mean, I agree with the sentiment, but the reality is our timing was awful.

And we also can't really say "should have hired Shanahan to begin with," because everyone viewed him as someone who presided over so-so offenses without recognizing the filter that the lens of bad quarterbacks brought to that picture.

Our timing sucks. That's the long and short of it.

21 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I mean, I agree with the sentiment, but the reality is our timing was awful.

And we also can't really say "should have hired Shanahan to begin with," because everyone viewed him as someone who presided over so-so offenses without recognizing the filter that the lens of bad quarterbacks brought to that picture.

Our timing sucks. That's the long and short of it.

****, why didn't we hire Bill Belichick before New England did?  

That's really what we SHOULD have done, you know. 

rings639 and JDaveG like this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

There was nothing Blank could do to stop him from leaving. It was forgone conclusion, the Niners hired Lynch because Shanny wanted him. The wait was for him to be officially available.

I disagree

There can always be an offer that’s greater.  See McDaniels in New England

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Too bad KS didn't do as his father did in Denver; Mike Shanahan undermined Dan Reeves, and with the help of John Elway, they got Dan Reeves fired so the MS could be the HC. Of course, Arthur would have never let that sort of thing happen here because at the time (2016), he and most of us here thought that DQ was a good HC that would overcome the departure of a young OC that seemed to be a bit of a jerk. Now, KS is looking more like a Sean Payton type of coach, and DQ is looking like a Dan Henning type of coach.

Dan Henning!!!? Ouch!!!!

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

There was nothing Blank could do to stop him from leaving. It was forgone conclusion, the Niners hired Lynch because Shanny wanted him. The wait was for him to be officially available.

Not LeFleur though.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

Not sure if the egos of Blank, Shanahan and Quinn could exist together long anyways.

2 hours ago, falconizer123 said:

Anybody actually stay up long enough to watch the Browns/49ers game the other night?

Something that stood out to me was they had on field interviews after the game with Jimmy G and their

TE Kittle. Announcer asked them how it was having Kyle as a coach and heard he was a real sticker for details.

Bothe of their responses to that was the Kyle was very very detailed oriented and that he simplified things to where you

got what you were suppose to be doing, and that he was always looking for ways/different ways to attack a defense and the vulnerabilities.

Even said that during the game, he drawing up different schemes and making adjustments on the fly to compensate for what the defense

was trying to do to them as well as exploit some new wrinkles he noticed.

That's the imagination we haven't had since they left. Kittle/Coleman, Brieda --- track meet style like we used to.

Sadly, it's time for the entire staff to go.

SMH --- How did we let him and Lefleur leave the building?

The burning question why do management/coaching staff doesnt wanna leave Patriots and ....with our franchise we cant keep anyone more than few years??

Is Arthur Blank or Matt Ryan the real problem here? Are they too difficult to work with.

End of the day, it's not always about money for coaching staff.... 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Starts around 59:48. That was John Lynch talking (before he became 49ers GM). He did exactly what he said he would do.

falcons007 likes this

Kyle was gonna get hired somewhere, if not the year he left, the year after but letting LeFleur go is one of the most ridiculous "atlanta sports" move I've seen in some time. The guy became a HC in 3 years and was in Kyle's scheme his whole coaching career at that point. Letting him walk because he "didn't have exp. as a playcaller" to hire ******* Sarkisian is about as logically flawed as I've ever seen. We paid for it last year and we're paying for it worse this year. While Kyle and LaFleur's teams are undefeated or close.

papachaz and mqg96 like this

28 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Not LeFleur though.

Yepper, they could have simply moved LeFluer into that spot(and that was my choice by the way).

After what he did with the team in dodgeball there was no chance he wouldn’t have made us a winner too! :D

papachaz likes this

22 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Starts around 59:48. That was John Lynch talking (before he became 49ers GM). He did exactly what he said he would do.

F9A93B1B-BF2F-4CE9-BD1B-8BB1E83491BE.jpeg.aef96cad1847d55edff216f9b83f8af3.jpeg

All that attention to detail, and yet he couldn't keep up with down and distance, and how much time was left in the game enough to know to run the ball 3 times and kick a field goal that would have 99% locked up a superbowl win.

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

All that attention to detail, and yet he couldn't keep up with down and distance, and how much time was left in the game enough to know to run the ball 3 times and kick a field goal that would have 99% locked up a superbowl win.

How soon we forget. 

Or Did Quinn make home throw it???? 

6 minutes ago, papachaz said:

Go back up to my post (the YouTube link) and listen to what Lynch is talking about Shanahan coming across as arrogant. Instead of doing what's right, Shanahan wanted to put a stamp on his offense in the SB and pad his resume. Backfired.

3 hours ago, falconizer123 said:

Anybody actually stay up long enough to watch the Browns/49ers game the other night?

Something that stood out to me was they had on field interviews after the game with Jimmy G and their

TE Kittle. Announcer asked them how it was having Kyle as a coach and heard he was a real sticker for details.

Bothe of their responses to that was the Kyle was very very detailed oriented and that he simplified things to where you

got what you were suppose to be doing, and that he was always looking for ways/different ways to attack a defense and the vulnerabilities.

Even said that during the game, he drawing up different schemes and making adjustments on the fly to compensate for what the defense

was trying to do to them as well as exploit some new wrinkles he noticed.

That's the imagination we haven't had since they left. Kittle/Coleman, Brieda --- track meet style like we used to.

Sadly, it's time for the entire staff to go.

SMH --- How did we let him and Lefleur leave the building?

He still should have run the ball

51 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Not LeFleur though.

No doubt. It wasn’t good move but thats been beaten to death here for 3 years. 

43 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

The burning question why do management/coaching staff doesnt wanna leave Patriots and ....with our franchise we cant keep anyone more than few years??

Is Arthur Blank or Matt Ryan the real problem here? Are they too difficult to work with.

Very good question

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The obsession with Kyle Shanahan is getting ridiculous 

THANK YOU!!!  Why is there a post about 49ers post game interviews on this board???  Go be a ******* Niners fan???!!!!

2 hours ago, vel said:

I love how Kyle went from a QB killer to franchise savior on this board. 

Different strokes for different...tunes?

vel likes this

50 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Actually, many of BB's staff has left for HC and front office positions; the list is a long one too. Pioli & TD, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Wiess, Mike Vrabel, Patricia, and others all left for a bigger titles. Even McDaniels left at one time for Denver and agreed to be the HC of the Colts before spurning them. Maybe, McDaniels doesn't want to go because he is in a successful environment and he is comfortable in his roll as an OC. The simple truth is that when oppurtunity knocks, then most people will open the door. Coaches (that don't get fired) leave the Falcons because they are going on to a greater opportunity that is not available to them within the Falcons organization.

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

Actually, many of BB's staff has left for HC and front office positions; the list is a long one too. Pioli & TD, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Wiess, Mike Vrabel, Patricia, and others all left for a bigger titles. Even McDaniels left at one time for Denver and agreed to be the HC of the Colts before spurning them. Maybe, McDaniels doesn't want to go because he is in a successful environment and he is comfortable in his roll as an OC. The simple truth is that when oppurtunity knocks, then most people will open the door. Coaches (that don't get fired) leave the Falcons because they are going on to a greater opportunity that is not available to them within the Falcons organization.

True.

I dont think that will be a problem this year. No one wants these coaches. 

I wanted football to start so bad; now I cant wait till its over. 

HouseofEuphoria likes this

2 hours ago, falconizer123 said:

I am not obsessed with KS, my post regarding this topic was only about the preparations it takes to win, attention to detail, and in-game adjustments, actually preparing for your opponents --- all similar to what we once had --- now, not so much. SMDH

Thing is, yeah the offense has struggled, but would those traits about attention to detail, etc, etc help us? We need that on defense more than anything right now, not sure how much Kyle helps in that dept.

2 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Thing is, yeah the offense has struggled, but would those traits about attention to detail, etc, etc help us? We need that on defense more than anything right now, not sure how much Kyle helps in that dept.

He’d help us score 54 points when the other team scores 53 :ninja:

I just don’t know why we went back to Koetter?  I don’t know what the intrigue was there.  That’s the most frustrating thing.  Now we’re back to 15 rush attempts per game, and heavily covered receivers.  It’s hilarious how bad it is.