49ers post game Interviews

falconizer123

Anybody actually stay up long enough to watch the Browns/49ers game the other night?

Something that stood out to me was they had on field interviews after the game with Jimmy G and their

TE Kittle. Announcer asked them how it was having Kyle as a coach and heard he was a real sticker for details.

Bothe of their responses to that was the Kyle was very very detailed oriented and that he simplified things to where you

got what you were suppose to be doing, and that he was always looking for ways/different ways to attack a defense and the vulnerabilities.

Even said that during the game, he drawing up different schemes and making adjustments on the fly to compensate for what the defense

was trying to do to them as well as exploit some new wrinkles he noticed.

That's the imagination we haven't had since they left. Kittle/Coleman, Brieda --- track meet style like we used to.

Sadly, it's time for the entire staff to go.

SMH --- How did we let him and Lefleur leave the building?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Too bad KS didn't do as his father did in Denver; Mike Shanahan undermined Dan Reeves, and with the help of John Elway, they got Dan Reeves fired so the MS could be the HC. Of course, Arthur would have never let that sort of thing happen here because at the time (2016), he and most of us here thought that DQ was a good HC that would overcome the departure of a young OC that seemed to be a bit of a jerk. Now, KS is looking more like a Sean Payton type of coach, and DQ is looking like a Dan Henning type of coach.

38 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

There was nothing Blank could do to stop him from leaving. It was forgone conclusion, the Niners hired Lynch because Shanny wanted him. The wait was for him to be officially available.

Actually they wanted McDaniels.

He turned them down, (as opposed to leaving the Colts standing at the Alter), then they went after Shanahan.

So yeah.... McDaniels and the Pats ****** us twice that year.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Actually they wanted McDaniels.

He turned them down, (as opposed to leaving the Colts standing at the Alter), then they went after Shanahan.

So yeah.... McDaniels and the Pats ****** us twice that year.

KS was the front runner from the start. Historic offense will do that to you. 

1 hour ago, 4dabirds said:

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Too bad KS didn't do as his father did in Denver; Mike Shanahan undermined Dan Reeves, and with the help of John Elway, they got Dan Reeves fired so the MS could be the HC. Of course, Arthur would have never let that sort of thing happen here because at the time (2016), he and most of us here thought that DQ was a good HC that would overcome the departure of a young OC that seemed to be a bit of a jerk. Now, KS is looking more like a Sean Payton type of coach, and DQ is looking like a Dan Henning type of coach.

1st red flag.

Instead of continuity and going with someone that was on the staff and familiar with the offense he brought in a guy that was not familiar with the offense, (at all), and had only been an OC for one game.... which ended up being a loss.

Hindsight as they say...

Hind sight is amazing isn’t it? Cause all I remember is a lot of people on this board asking for Kyle’s head right after that Super Bowl. He is a offensive genius and we now see he was the piece that made the engine roar. But let’s not act like he was viewed in the same way after we gave up that lead. Hope the Falcons can find the right pieces moving forward! 

I hated Shanahan when he seemed like the main reason that Roddy White was let go, but now I realize that that was the kind of coach we needed. No nonsense, no loyalty to the "old" guys if they can't perform. Now we are stuck with coaches that wont even adapt with the ship completely sinking, and players that are has beens still getting most of the reps

Edited by Drvillain

10 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Hind sight is amazing isn’t it? Cause all I remember is a lot of people on this board asking for Kyle’s head right after that Super Bowl. He is a offensive genius and we now see he was the piece that made the engine roar. But let’s not act like he was viewed in the same way after we gave up that lead. Hope the Falcons can find the right pieces moving forward! 

That's probably because everyone thinks the failure was to not run it and completely forget the defense didn't make one play in the 2nd half.

They couldn't get off the field.  See if this seems familiar

Pats in the 2nd half:

Punt

TD

FG

TD->2 Pt conversion

TD->2 Pt conversion 

OT

TD

25 unanswered points in 1 1/2 quarters but it wasn't the defense's fault because they were tired?  That's what people have said.  2 2 Point conversions.... SMDH.  They just had to stop one of them.

There's a theme here with Quinn's ability to not adjust and get caught flat footed and we're seeing it in weekly now.

33 minutes ago, vel said:

I love how Kyle went from a QB killer to franchise savior on this board. 

I agree. I also believe there is recency bias going on with Shanny, let's slow the roll on whether he is the second coming of football Jesus. They are undefeated this year, I get it. They just beat up an over hyped browns team and looked like us in 2016 doing it. Remember 2015 we started 5-0 and ended up 8-8. Let's get a bigger sample size before lamenting KS leaving.

You don’t replace a mind like Kyle’s, he’s a savant that grew up around professional football, two variables that rarely come together 

It’s a virtual guarantee we never match the level of productivity we’d have on offense with him at the helm, the deficiencies must be made up in other ways, namely on the defensive side of the football 

16 minutes ago, mc said:

Should have hired Shanahan over quin as the head coach.

Right. 

You tell the head coach who just took you to the super bowl in his second year   'You're fired...I think I should promote your OC to Head Coach because I can see how bad we're going to be three years from now after the OC leaves'. .

Sounds perfectly logical to me.