53 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You guys are a spoiled lot. Falcons have had worst than this and it made no difference to my life. 
now the 28-3 fiasco took a week for me to recover.

Yeah they were a few years where I let sports effect my everyday life far too much. I'm still a huge sports fan but I dont let it get that serious for me anymore 

As a long, long time Falcon Fan, I have enjoyed some good times with family and friends.......usually with a few beers.  This year is different.  My expectations were tempered by monster contracts and a failure to understand how it is possible to make millions a year playing football.  Keep in mind my first job at 16 yrs old paid $1.25 an hour....42.72 take home for 40 hours.  It changed things for me.  Seeing a lack of performance made it even worse.  I got excited by the draft.  Then again injuries occurred.  I got excited about injured players coming back, but to no avail.  The season has simply not been enjoyable.  I would love to have the old feeling of watching my Falcons fight hard, win or lose.  You can't buy respect, you have to earn it.  I miss them like an old friend.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Come to Kitsap. It’s chill and quiet out here. 

For now. The cost of living isn't going to be much more managable for long, and i've been told the ferries are already a pain to deal with. Unfortunately I have to be mobile to both north and south of Seattle, so I have to stay somewhat close to downtown. Plus my friend in PO complains about...goerst i wanna say? I lived in Bremerton for a bit quite awhile ago and sometimes traffic even out there got wonky.

It would probably be more my speed out there, but really the Seattle personality just ain't my speed. I grew up in the pacific NW - but everyone thinks I'm from the east coast. Kind of cracks me up.

Been a fan since the early 70's and I've seen worse Falcon teams.  But yeah, the expectations for this year vs. what we've seen is pretty sad.   But I gave up obsessing years ago.  I don't let sports effect my life one way or the other.  I have a great wife, kids, grandkids and have come to terms with the fact

the Falcons will never win a Super Bowl, and when the game was at  28-3 told my son that the most Falcon thing ever would be to find a way to still lose this game.   So there you go. 

3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

For now. The cost of living isn't going to be much more managable for long, and i've been told the ferries are already a pain to deal with. Unfortunately I have to be mobile to both north and south of Seattle, so I have to stay somewhat close to downtown. Plus my friend in PO complains about...goerst i wanna say? I lived in Bremerton for a bit quite awhile ago and sometimes traffic even out there got wonky.

It would probably be more my speed out there, but really the Seattle personality just ain't my speed. I grew up in the pacific NW - but everyone thinks I'm from the east coast. Kind of cracks me up.

Port orchard has a Ferry that goes to West Seattle. Bremerton has the downtown ferry.  

I’m in PO. Gorst can be a pain because of the 2 lanes and low speed limit. I’ve never had issues with the ferry but I’m rarely on them during rush hour. 

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Man that GB game in playoffs and SB are two times I took a week or few to get back.

I lucked out on the superbowl kinda. Normally I would have taken it very hard but I had some bad health issues and was in the hospital for 2 weeks on a morphine drip. Couldn't make be give a **** about anything at the time :lol:

Edited by LouDog
2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I picked out on the superbowl kinda. Normally I would have taken it very hard but I had some bad health issues and was in the hospital for 2 weeks on a morphine drip. Couldn't make be give a **** about anything at the time :lol:

Man it was much more personal to me. My dad left this world 3 weeks later. That was the last game we watched together. It was fun game till they lost it. I cherish the good memories.

40 minutes ago, BendFalcon said:

Been a fan since the early 70's and I've seen worse Falcon teams.  But yeah, the expectations for this year vs. what we've seen is pretty sad.   But I gave up obsessing years ago.  I don't let sports effect my life one way or the other.  I have a great wife, kids, grandkids and have come to terms with the fact

the Falcons will never win a Super Bowl, and when the game was at  28-3 told my son that the most Falcon thing ever would be to find a way to still lose this game.   So there you go. 

Eternal optimist here.

Ive also seen worse Falcon teams than this.You will remember the statue and Joey Harrington and alike lol yikes I couldn’t stand the latter.

Defensively pick an era good Falcon defenses are so few and far between I just accept we’ll never have one.

38 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Port orchard has a Ferry that goes to West Seattle. Bremerton has the downtown ferry.  

I’m in PO. Gorst can be a pain because of the 2 lanes and low speed limit. I’ve never had issues with the ferry but I’m rarely on them during rush hour. 

Yeah i know all that, its really just more I think a bang for the buck thing, and more importantly, my personality just doesn't mesh well here. Traffic stuff you're not gonna completely get away from no matter where you go.