Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think Mike Tomlin would make a good head coach for the Falcons?

43 posts in this topic

I would take Tomlin over McCarthy. I think Tomlin would work better with our talent, and be more instrumental in building a defense.

Edited by 4dabirds

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

If you want an offensive head coach, then expect Head Coach Dirk Koetter, cause Blank will hire him in a heartbeat.

I don't see that at all.

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I like Tomlin, but we all know the South won't hire him.

Umm...are you even familiar with Pittsburgh?

If Mike Tomlin was such a great coach why didn't the Steelers win more? Why did he lose playoff games against Tim Tebow, Joe Flacco, and Blake Bortles? Why have the Steelers not been able to beat the Patriots all these years? You wanna talk about him winning a Super Bowl and making it to another? Yeah, with Bill Cowher's players. Once he lost Cowherd's players, especially on defense, then what? Won Super Bowl in 2008 and lost it in 2010. Since 2011 they haven't come close to even making the Super Bowl. Steelers routinely had the most talented team in the AFC and yet Tomlin let the inmates run the asylum and what did that win them? Sorry, but thanks but no thanks to Tomlin.

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Which isn’t Tomlinson.Many Steelers players have said he lets players do what ever they want and makes sure the news doesn’t get out.

Exactly!! He let the inmates run the asylum.

4 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

That's...not Tomlin at all.

They all think Tomlin is that way because he talks a good game in post-game press conferences. I've tried telling folks many times on here that what is said in post-game press conferences doesn't mean jack. They don't get it. They just don't understand that things said in post-game press conferences is all fake. It means nothing.

How about the offensive cord. from LSU. He has transformed them from garbage offense to Offense powerhouse in a year. I believe he has NFL experience as well.

I have reached a level of apathy with my Falcons. I will still root for them, but I can't get too high or low over a coaching hire because we just don't know. Guys who are great coordinators sometimes make bad head coaches and guys who are so-so coordinators become great head coaches. No matter who they choose I will support them and hope for the best. It is all you can do.

I would love a Lincoln Riley type, but even he is not proven to succeed.

No to Tomlin or any retreads.

We need a fresh innovative offensive minded head coach. Ryan and Julio are getting up their in age so we need a master game planner who can scheme like a beast.   

33 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Umm...are you even familiar with Pittsburgh?

Tomlin is so bad lol Maybe the only head coach available who could out dumb Dan Quinn.

Edited by Dr Long Shot
Sidecar Falcon likes this

8 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Think it's gonna be McCarthy, maybe a Gruden. 

Just think Blank is wanting offense and experience. 

McCarthy would be worse. Y'all are out of your minds if you think McCarthy would be a good coaching candidate for us. **** NO! Look how bad the Packers defenses were with McCarthy with Aaron Rodgers carrying the team. He would do much worse with Matt Ryan and a defense that's already been in the bottom half of the league throughout the years. 

6 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

McCarthy would be worse. Y'all are out of your minds if you think McCarthy would be a good coaching candidate for us. **** NO! Look how bad the Packers defenses were with McCarthy with Aaron Rodgers carrying the team. He would do much worse with Matt Ryan and a defense that's already been in the bottom half of the league throughout the years. 

When did I say he will be a good hire? I'll wait.