Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think Mike Tomlin would make a good head coach for the Falcons?

43 posts in this topic

Mike Tomlin could be a hot head coach candidate in 2020 if the Steelers let him go. How would you guys feel about Mike Tomlin as a head coach for the Atlanta Falcons? The Falcons haven't hired a head coach with NFL head coaching experience since DAN REEVES! Tomlin has plenty of NFL head coaching experience, he has a Lombardi along with 2 super bowl appearances and plenty of playoff experience. He knows how to beat AFC and NFC teams. I think he is a defensive minded coach so it probably won't happen but I think it might be a good fit. What do you guys think? 

Emmitt likes this

Steeler fans have wanted him gone for years. Most cannot stand him because of some of the terrible decisions he makes. Basically echoing the same sentiments we see around here about Quinn.

falconsd56 and sdogg like this

Please not Gruden boy. Washington is a mess even with ALL the high draft picks. Tomlin would get their respect which is a good thing it would depend on who he would hire as OC and DC and Staff. Most think DQ is gone but I don't think the man who has the real say AB feels that way or his son TD. DQ will be our HC next year except if he has a 3 win year. 

Emmitt likes this

Just now, Emmitt said:

I like Tomlin. I want someone to get in the players face not to be their best friend!

i want a coach that will break his leg off in somebody’s ***! Not a coach that will tell the players,’It okay, We will work to improve it next week’. 

Which isn’t Tomlinson.Many Steelers players have said he lets players do what ever they want and makes sure the news doesn’t get out.

Falconsfan567 and Ovie_Lover like this

No to Mike T. Have you seen the circus that has come out in the steal city? He is only riding on the shirt tails of the head coach he replaced. I will say the team has been good for the last few years. Just never what it should have been. I don't see Mike building a team. I have not seen him improve it. I would not mind him as a coach on this team just not head coach. 

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Which isn’t Tomlinson.Many Steelers players have said he lets players do what ever they want and makes sure the news doesn’t get out.

Interesting. I would have thought the opposite. Maybe Woody Hayes is what we need... never mind I think he is no longer with us.

falcons007 likes this

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Hire a fresh face with good vision and some one who can manage and knows football. 

Josh McDaniels or Mike Tomlin 

Both have experienced greatness and adversity.

And both are highly regarded as players coach.

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Josh McDaniels or Mike Tomlin 

Both have experienced greatness and adversity.

And both are highly regarded as players coach.

Tomlin is worse than DQ. Players will do what ever they want.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 minutes ago, high impact said:

No to Mike T. Have you seen the circus that has come out in the steal city? He is only riding on the shirt tails of the head coach he replaced. I will say the team has been good for the last few years. Just never what it should have been. I don't see Mike building a team. I have not seen him improve it. I would not mind him as a coach on this team just not head coach. 

We are worst than a circus at the moment.

May be we need some controversy in this locker room to get this guys fired up.

Who knows?!! 

3 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Interesting. I would have thought the opposite. Maybe Woody Hayes is what we need... never mind I think he is no longer with us.

Yep. It all came out when AB was shipped out. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

30 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Please not Gruden boy. Washington is a mess even with ALL the high draft picks. Tomlin would get their respect which is a good thing it would depend on who he would hire as OC and DC and Staff. Most think DQ is gone but I don't think the man who has the real say AB feels that way or his son TD. DQ will be our HC next year except if he has a 3 win year. 

Gruden had them at 7-3 before losing Smith.

20 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I like Tomlin. I want someone to get in the players face not to be their best friend!

i want a coach that will break his leg off in somebody’s ***! Not a coach that will tell the players,’It okay, We will work to improve it next week’. 

Tomlin hid AB being a crazy drama queen who tried to fight the DC for being hit during practice. 

Let him get away with that and more. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

im cool with  Tomlin... :lol:    i never thought he was a bad coach...   he does bring discipline to the locker room , even with a complete tool like AB, i know he would have players wanna play for him in ATL..     sometime coaches who are winning coaches, who are in a losing funk need a change of scenery...     ^_^ ,,    

Falcon fan 4 ever likes this

1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

That's...not Tomlin at all.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

1. Kellen Moore

2. David Shaw

3. Mike Tomlin

4. Jim Harbaugh

5. Josh McDaniel

I've been on the David Shaw train for a long time.  I would hire that guy in a second...

Refried Beans likes this

I want a Belichick clone.  Someone that says, "do you job" holds players accountable and has no hesitation of benching or trading a player.  He also densest have a problem changing offensive philosophies from year to year and does so based on the rules, how to win and what talent there is out there.

One of the major problem with Quinn and most of the other coaches out there is that they are so set in their schemes, they can't see when they don't work anymore and are lost trying to force a square peg into a round hole.  Not Belichick, he will change systems from year to year without blinking.

The Don™, Emmitt and Godzilla1985 like this