Have To Get This Run Game Going

caponine

No other option , we just have to. Whoever it is back there,  has to get yards. Rbs have only gone over 50 yards once. That's inexcusable and unacceptable  for a team that has always been good at running the ball. Ryan needs this run game, he is at his best when he can run and play action off of it 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

No other option , we just have to. Whoever it is back there,  has to get yards. Rbs have only gone over 50 yards once. That's inexcusable and unacceptable  for a team that has always been good at running the ball. Ryan needs this run game, he is at his best when he can run and play action off of it 

A lot of it has to do with defense. When you are giving up TDs every drive you can't really spend a lot of time running the ball. Freeman **** sure hasnt been good but even if he had, we are normally down too many points to run the ball A lot

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

A lot of it has to do with defense. When you are giving up TDs every drive you can't really spend a lot of time running the ball. Freeman **** sure hasnt been good but even if he had, we are normally down too many points to run the ball A lot

but even when we are still in the game, there’s no real commitment to running the ball. They really need to go to more of a ball control offense , to protect their defense. I think Ito comes in and makes a difference running the ball 

Edited by caponine

Freeman had a excellent run in the game. Saw plenty of wiggle and burst. There have been few holes to run through though. He has been involved in the pass game as of late vs Colts and against the Texans and he still has that nose for the end zone. He doesn’t need more opportunities just better ones. The score itself absolutely dictates to the running game. Being down big in almost every game kills it. We need to come out in 1st halves and actually look like we are ready to play. 

13 minutes ago, caponine said:

but even when we are still in the game, there’s no real commitment to running the ball. They really need to go to more of a ball control offense , to protect their defense. I think Ito comes in and makes a difference running the ball 

We try but 2 runs is still turning into 3rd and long. We aren’t designed to get a lot of push. We just need to hold the blocks for a second or 2 sometimes. 

46 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They are too predictable by running on first downs. They punt, the d gives up points and they abandon. 

Stay aggressive on first downs and use short passing game to set up run.

This use something and set the run up.

I don’t know why Koetter and co haven’t worked this one out yet and for fark sake get Free and Ito running outside.

This all ties in to going down field aswell setup plays create the opportunity for the big chunk plays.

Move Julio round the formation good things will happen.

One thing I noticed with Shanny is he isnt afraid to let his qbs tuck and run with the ball as well as threaten to tuck and run with the ball which opens up outside zone reads. Another is he likes to fake toss sweeps and run it outside. The problem is after losing coleman we dont have the RB to do that. Maybe we should try it with Ito Smith since Defumblè Failman looks like he lost a step. 

The defense knows a first down dive is coming. It’s sad when I’m watching the game and I can predict the offensive sequence before it happens. Run for little to not gain first down, pass which is hurried for a probably incompletion on 2nd, then desperation pass with no creativity on 3rd. Punt. Everytime. No play action on first. No outside zone runs, no screens to slow down the rush. Just no basic football creativity 

38 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

The defense knows a first down dive is coming. It’s sad when I’m watching the game and I can predict the offensive sequence before it happens. Run for little to not gain first down, pass which is hurried for a probably incompletion on 2nd, then desperation pass with no creativity on 3rd. Punt. Everytime. No play action on first. No outside zone runs, no screens to slow down the rush. Just no basic football creativity 

Doesnt help that Free is not the right back to power run. Gotta try Ollison if were gonna do some power run stuff. 

12 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Doesnt help that Free is not the right back to power run. Gotta try Ollison if were gonna do some power run stuff. 

I’d rather get back to the zone concepts that we had success with. Ollison doesn’t excite me. If we aren’t goin to run Freeman I’d rather see Ito in the ZBS