Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motivation2k3

How are the Saints winning without Brees?

98 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Then you should stop.

My name is not Sean Payton . Everybody know SP likes those pills.

Edited by Bravesfan
Osiruz and THEHEADCOACH like this

39 minutes ago, Bravesfan said:

My name is not Sean Payton . Everybody know SP likes those pills.

That must be some good stuff he's taking. We need a dumb truck load dumped at flowery Branch.

47 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lol ok man. 

We need to draft a dynamic back like Swift to turn this offense around like the saints and panthers did with theirs. Also gotta get some heavy hard hitters on D, and a new DC. 

12 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

We need to draft a dynamic back like Swift to turn this offense around like the saints and panthers did with theirs. Also gotta get some heavy hard hitters on D, and a new DC. 

Idk if I wanna go RB that early. Would rather go dline. If Swift fell to our 2nd? Do it.

ChickenBiscuit likes this

Well if we could, load at very large truck full of Vicodin and lock Quinn inside with it. Then leave it at the Superdome with a note free Vicodin inside just make sure you keep all that is inside no returns. I think we could fix their little red wagon but good.

2 hours ago, The best NFC South team said:

The Falcons’ roster now looks almost no different than the SB squad. This season pretty much falls on Quinn. 

Yep. Guy is a disaster as a head coach

10 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Idk if I wanna go RB that early. Would rather go dline. If Swift fell to our 2nd? Do it.

Gotta go rb early. Defense sucks, and Offense needs a dominant run game. That's how the saints, panthers, and other teams turned things around. Gotta start with running the ball and stopping the run. 

vitaman likes this

16 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

:lol:

On paper ... Jake Matthews is a top 10 pick 1st rounders all over the offensive line plus at receiver ... even on defense first and second rounders everywhere and people forget Freeman was Kamara before Kamara he just hasn’t lived up to his contract after his injury we need a new coach to maximize all this talent Sean Payton showing how good of a coach he is by winning with this team without Brees

52 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

On paper ... Jake Matthews is a top 10 pick 1st rounders all over the offensive line plus at receiver ... even on defense first and second rounders everywhere and people forget Freeman was Kamara before Kamara he just hasn’t lived up to his contract after his injury we need a new coach to maximize all this talent Sean Payton showing how good of a coach he is by winning with this team without Brees

Freeman can't carry Kamara's jockstrap even in his prime, he is a much slower smaller version. Jake Matthews is an average player. Sure we took higher picks at certain positions but it doesn't mean they are better than who the saints have. I am sure you would trade Beasley and Takk for Jordan and Davenport in a hurry. Heck I would trade Beasley, Takk, Tru, campbell, and Olliver for Jordan. 

vitaman, Iron Saint and Big_L like this

20 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Payton had already won the SB before those 7-9 seasons.  Also, the Saints have always been dangerous and never looked totally inept over the course of a season the way that the Falcons do.  

I see this canard a lot on this board in a backhanded way to try to save Quinn's job.  Actually check out Payton's record with the Saints and remember to subtract out the year he didn't coach.  He and Quinn have nothing in common.

Im not trying to save Quinn, he most likely needs to be gone. The problem is, people are VERY narrow minded. 

As I already stated, Payton had won a super bowl TEN years ago. Plenty of coaches lost their jobs years after winning a superbowl. Ive already listed Payton's maladies but I see you chose not to look at that post.

Anyway Here is proof that Payton was on the hot seat. Payton isnt what people are claiming he is.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-sean-payton-on-the-hot-seat-092916
https://fansided.com/2015/12/03/five-nfl-head-coaches-hot-seat/4/
https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_9569bfba-d5c0-5e83-9c31-30a745118543.html

On 10/9/2019 at 8:35 AM, SaintRay said:

Here's why the Saints are winning ... drafting players that are contributing.

Key players drafted over the last 4 years, each whom makes a heavy contribution and all selected inside the the Top 105 players of their draft class:

• Sheldon Rankins - DT
  • Mike Thomas - WR
  • Vonn Bell - S
  • David Onyemata - DT
  • Marshon Lattimore - CB
  • Ryan Ramczyk - RT
  • Marcus Williams - S
  • Alex Anzalone - LB
  • Trey Hendrickson - DE
  • Marcus Davenport - DE
  • Erik McCoy - C
  • Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S

Every single draft choice inside the Top 105 players selected has been a hit for the Saints. Credit goes to the Front Office for that.

yeah but you really need to add the caveat that this regime was not very good on draft evaluation until they got Jeff Ireland. It is to the point that if it came down between Ireland and Loomis, I am keeping Ireland.

Quinn was just lucky in Seattle. he had an insane amount of talent so the credit should go to the front office

the Falcons don't have that level of talent....**** no team today does and Quinn refuses to change his scheme to fit the players he has 

Teddy Bridgewater deserves some credit as well. The Saints paid him well to remain as a backup QB, and it's paying off now.

He's completing 70.2% of his passes, Has 6 TD's and 2 picks with a QBR/RTG of 99.5. Both picks were on deflected passes off the WR down field, meaning neither pick was because of an errant throw.

Those are solid numbers for a backup QB.

Ovie_Lover, vitaman and Iron Saint like this

1 hour ago, SaintRay said:

Teddy Bridgewater deserves some credit as well. The Saints paid him well to remain as a backup QB, and it's paying off now.

He's completing 70.2% of his passes, Has 6 TD's and 2 picks with a QBR/RTG of 99.5. Both picks were on deflected passes off the WR down field, meaning neither pick was because of an errant throw.

Those are solid numbers for a backup QB.

But TATF told me he was overrated and will lead the Saints to a 6 game losing streak. 

Idiots.

Iron Saint likes this

On 10/9/2019 at 4:48 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

Since when was Eli considered good? I've seen that floated around but his stats dont back it up to me. Gives up 17 yards a catch dude. If we had that this board would flip.

Just wanted to say Eli’s given up 5 catches on the year. Had 2 interceptions taken back from penalties away from the ball.