Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motivation2k3

How are the Saints winning without Brees?

98 posts in this topic

DEFENSE. Their defense did a good job containing us two weeks ago in the Sunday Night game. Zeke had a really bad game. VERY underrated is the return of Sheldon Rankins (was hoping he'd be out, but he caused havoc on a good Dallas OL), and the sneaky good signing of Malcom Brown. The two form a VERY strong duo at DT. Wanted my Cowboys to sign Brown this offseason to shore up the perennially weak interior. Bridgewater looks pretty mediocre to me but he has Thomas and Kamara to throw to. Overall the team, as much as I HATE to admit it, is **** good, and they are still in it to win it.

1 hour ago, Stolenn87 said:

They have a starting QB as a back up.  If you remember teddy was a pretty good QB before his injury. It just took him a few games to get back in the groove.

Teddy B was as mediocre as a QB can get. Actually, he was probably below average if were being real. Saints just unfortunately have a much better coach than we do. Their players also seem to rally together rather than quit after one loss. 

1 hour ago, motivation2k3 said:

I really had them being 1-5 or so without brees and us in 1st place. What the **** are they doing over there that we arent?

These are the same people. Below and above.  Proof? They are both trolls so who cares. Caponine probably has a spot on the Saints board so I'm not far off. 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

this is a crazy question , they actually have a pretty good defense, alvin kamara. Top 5 receiver in the game and oh yeah Sean Paytoj 

Vandy likes this

10 hours ago, motivation2k3 said:

I really had them being 1-5 or so without brees and us in 1st place. What the **** are they doing over there that we arent?

The same way we're losing with Matt Ryan, Julio, Freeman, etc...

THEIR HC.

Everyone who is slobbering all over Payton in this thread... What would you have done in the four 7-9 seasons the Saints posted and looked just like our current Falcons?

Would you have fired him? They had historical bad defense. Multiple years of starting 0-4. 

I already know the answer, yes everyone here would have been calling for Paytons head. Not saying DQ needs to stay, just pointing out that things can change and change FAST.

Tim Mazetti and hotlanta like this

11 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Everyone who is slobbering all over Payton in this thread... What would you have done in the four 7-9 seasons the Saints posted and looked just like our current Falcons?

Would you have fired him? They had historical bad defense. Multiple years of starting 0-4. 

I already know the answer, yes everyone here would have been calling for Paytons head. Not saying DQ needs to stay, just pointing out that things can change and change FAST.

REALLY bad comparison.

It's amazing what winning a Super Bowl will do as opposed to historically choking in one.

By the way they won that Superbowl in year 4 and it was 3 years of 7-9 not four.

I also don't recall the Saints having 2 games in one season only making 1 first down.  That's the equivalent of Quinn's only stopping a team from scoring one time during a game.  

I'm getting this from Wikipedia where they have this gem. 

"

Liberty Christian Warriors (Argyle, TX)[edit]

During his 2012 suspension from the NFL, Payton served as the offensive coordinator for his son Connor's sixth-grade team in Argyle, Texas.[45] Payton used a simplified version of the Saints playbook, and the team went unbeaten until losing near the end of the regular season to a team that ran the single-wing, which his team was unable to stop. Since he believed he would face that team again in the league's playoffs, he obtained video that the father of one of his players recorded, and then contacted his mentor Parcells to help him break down the opponent's offense. The teams indeed faced one another in the league finals; Payton's team lost a considerably closer game in which they were able to slow down the opposing offense to a Springtown Pee Wee team.[46]"

Chaz, Tim Mazetti and Flying Falcon like this

Carolina is winning without their starting QB

New Orleans is winning without their starting QB

Win Brady was suspended the Patriots kept winning

Philly won the SB with Wentz on IR.

Are the Falcons set up to win without Ryan? No. Even with Ryan the team is losing.

It's a team sport.

The Saints are winning without Brees because their coach knows how to run a offense and they have a offensive line that is mean and nasty and can actually block people and a offense that can run the football and gain short yardage when needed, their running backs are physical and will knock you out, unlike some other teams who draft small finesse RBs trying to re-create Warrick Dunn.  Makes me sick to see the Saints winning like this but it is what it is they are just a better ran franchise from top to bottom that us right now. More physical.

Iron Saint likes this

Teddy Bridgewater is a fine quarterback. I was lambasted on here for posting that we should have acquired him when he was available. The Saints are very good, well coached team with enough talent across the board.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

REALLY bad comparison.

It's amazing what winning a Super Bowl will do as opposed to historically choking in one.

By the way they won that Superbowl in year 4 and it was 3 years of 7-9 not four.

I also don't recall the Saints having 2 games in one season only making 1 first down.  That's the equivalent of Quinn's only stopping a team from scoring one time during a game.  

I'm getting this from Wikipedia where they have this gem. 

"

Liberty Christian Warriors (Argyle, TX)[edit]

During his 2012 suspension from the NFL, Payton served as the offensive coordinator for his son Connor's sixth-grade team in Argyle, Texas.[45] Payton used a simplified version of the Saints playbook, and the team went unbeaten until losing near the end of the regular season to a team that ran the single-wing, which his team was unable to stop. Since he believed he would face that team again in the league's playoffs, he obtained video that the father of one of his players recorded, and then contacted his mentor Parcells to help him break down the opponent's offense. The teams indeed faced one another in the league finals; Payton's team lost a considerably closer game in which they were able to slow down the opposing offense to a Springtown Pee Wee team.[46]"

Wow, I know we have some bad takes on TAFT, but at least know what you are talking about when you try.

2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 the Saints were 7-9. That makes 4. 2012 Sean Payton was suspended by the league .If you want to argue that Payton didn't take the team to 7-9, he's the one that built the team, Hes the one that hired the coaches. It was still his scheme. That doesn't even take into account that Payton was an NFL embarrassment , banned from the NFL for 1 year. 

When did they win their Super bowl? Oh yeah BEFORE the losing streaks, 2009.

So, again. Win a super bowl, then get in a lawsuit for stealing Vicodin, then get banned for a year for a pay for bounties, then have four 7-9 seasons three of which were consecutive.

A superbowl TEN YEARS AGO, holds zero weight to being a national embarrassment twice, and then being a 7-9 machine. The answer is, yes, people here would be screaming for this dudes head.

Tim Mazetti likes this

18 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Another Payton miracle! His team had the 2nd worst historical defense since 1986. 

FootballOutsiders has data going back to 1986. The worst defenses via their metric are:

• 1986 Bucs

• 2015 Saints

• 2000 Vikings

• 1987 Dolphins

• 2008 Lions

6 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Wow, I know we have some bad takes on TAFT, but at least know what you are talking about when you try.

2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 the Saints were 7-9. That makes 4. 2012 Sean Payton was suspended by the league .If you want to argue that Payton didn't take the team to 7-9, he's the one that built the team, Hes the one that hired the coaches. It was still his scheme. That doesn't even take into account that Payton was an NFL embarrassment , banned from the NFL for 1 year. 

When did they win their Super bowl? Oh yeah BEFORE the losing streaks, 2009.

So, again. Win a super bowl, then get in a lawsuit for stealing Vicodin, then get banned for a year for a pay for bounties, then have four 7-9 seasons three of which were consecutive.

A superbowl TEN YEARS AGO, holds zero weight to being a national embarrassment twice, and then being a 7-9 machine. The answer is, yes, people here would be screaming for this dudes head.

Winning a Super Bowl buys you a lot of good will.

And as far as the 'national embarassment.'  I would happily take those over 28-3.  Wouldn't you?  Honestly 99.9999% of the population doesn't care and won't remember that other stuff with Peyton.  They'll only remember the Super Bowl and HOF career of Brees.

28-3?  That's going to live forever.