SacFalcFan

Florida at LSU Game Thread

105 posts in this topic

Man I would not touch the spread on this game. It's at -13 LSU... that's crazy.

LSU's defense is trash and MSUjr's offense is average at best. LSU offense is really good, MSUjr defense is above average.

A smart line on this game would be -7.5 LSU imo. Ain't nobody jumping on a double digit spread on this game, that's just crazy.

Bdawg58 and SacFalcFan like this

14 hours ago, Carter said:

Man I would not touch the spread on this game. It's at -13 LSU... that's crazy.

LSU's defense is trash and MSUjr's offense is average at best. LSU offense is really good, MSUjr defense is above average.

A smart line on this game would be -7.5 LSU imo. Ain't nobody jumping on a double digit spread on this game, that's just crazy.

Since like 1981ish, LSU has only beat UF by 2+ TDs twice or something like that...  I'm with you... I wouldn't touch that line

I know everyone thinks uf has this elite defense but when you look at who they have been elite against, it is not as impressive. 

They beat a Miami team barely that had a young QB making his first start and an o line that started two true freshman

Then they have beaten ut Martin and Towson... Don't need to to say anything there 

They beat Kentucky with a backup QB... And honestly should have lost this game.

They beat a Guantanamo led UT juggernaut offense.

The most impressive win is against auburn who is starting a true freshman playing who looked lost... Give Florida credit here they played well but people were overrating auburns offense after they destroyed miss st 

I think that line is that big because this will be Trasks first big road experience, at night at lsu... Which can be intense.  This should be a fun game to watch, hopefully Florida gets boat raced.

2 hours ago, jtcrews75 said:

I know everyone thinks uf has this elite defense but when you look at who they have been elite against, it is not as impressive. 

They beat a Miami team barely that had a young QB making his first start and an o line that started two true freshman

Then they have beaten ut Martin and Towson... Don't need to to say anything there 

The most impressive win is against auburn who is starting a true freshman playing who looked lost... Give Florida credit here they played well but people were overrating auburns offense after they destroyed miss st 

I think that line is that big because this will be Trasks first big road experience, at night at lsu... Which can be intense.  This should be a fun game to watch, hopefully Florida gets boat raced.

All of this is true, but it's equally true that LSU's all world offense has not yet played a top 100 defense IIRC.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

24 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

All of this is true, but it's equally true that LSU's all world offense has not yet played a top 100 defense IIRC.

Very true, I thought Texas's defense was better till I looked at their stats

5 hours ago, jtcrews75 said:

On 10/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Carter said:

MSUjr defense is above average.

Not everyone thinks MSUjr's defense is elite. :argh:

Auburn is a different team in true road games. I went into that game a little suckered into Auburn being pretty good myself, but should have remembered their Jeckyll and Hyde act... especially with a true freshman QB. Didn't expect the defense to give up as much as they did either. They were blowing assignments from the beginning of the game.

To be fair though, MSUjr's strength is definitely the defense. LSU has not been very good running the ball so far. That could of course change. MSUjr shutting down the run, forcing LSU into passing, would go a long way toward turnover opportunities. LSU's defense has been trash and MSUjr can't really run the ball either. So who really knows. This is a pretty wacky matchup to predict. The only clear advantage I see is LSU at home at night... that's it.

4 minutes ago, sdogg said:

UF throws the ball and plays aggressive. While we...... Well

Ima draw the line at giving props to MSUjr to degrade our Dawgs. Turn in your card bro lol

Trask has been a God Send to UF. Win or lose. He’s better than what they had. Heck. I’ve already forgotten his name. Also, Mullen is a pretty darn good coach on the sidelines. 

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ima draw the line at giving props to MSUjr to degrade our Dawgs. Turn in your card bro lol

Sorry, but they don't play scared. Kirby does. 

23 minutes ago, sdogg said:

UF throws the ball and plays aggressive. While we...... Well

No way the dawgs beat FL playing the way they did today and how they've been playing in the first half. 

sdogg likes this