fuego

Stephen A. and Max: Are the Falcons the most disappointing team in the NFL?

34 posts in this topic

Just now, DogIsYourName said:

It's so relaxing to cheer for a team that sucks terribly.  

Nothing like relaxing with a beer while in the background there are some nice check-down throws and defensive miscues.

It stops being stressful when you give up on the illusion that we could compete for anything this year. Against Houston I found myself laughing more than anything else.

2 minutes ago, LiquidFalcon said:

Yes! I honestly don't know of any other team that has had this much talent and been this bad. Even the 90's Oilers and Bills were at least in the playoffs consistently. Disappointing isn't even the right word the Falcons are just a waste. Wasting time, talent and money.

The thing is we aren't just bad we are terrrrrrrible. Like Miami, New York Jets level terrible. It's quite impressive how bad we are. 

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

It stops being stressful when you give up on the illusion that we could compete for anything this year. Against Houston I found myself laughing more than anything else.

Exactly.  It's like "oh it's 3rd and 18 again.  Nice check down Matt.  Way to make a guy almost miss, Ito.  Let's see how far we can punt with our injured punter.  Hmm, I wonder how many first downs we'll give up on this TD drive?"  Next beer...

Peteshweddy likes this

1 minute ago, vel said:

How are they the most disappointing if nobody was really talking about them during the offseason? Nobody was setting high expectations on First Take for the Falcons so how are they saying they are disappointing? Based on....? 

Low content for their show. Gotta find a narrative 

vel and Francis York Morgan like this

3 minutes ago, vel said:

How are they the most disappointing if nobody was really talking about them during the offseason? Nobody was setting high expectations on First Take for the Falcons so how are they saying they are disappointing? Based on....? 

Yeah I think that was Max's point.  He expected them to suck so they're not the most disappointing.  Stephen A was still severely disappointed tho.

Here's what's not fair to the organization... 28-3!

Sometimes I wish the entire organization would cleanse itself top to bottom to rid itself from any player with any memory of that. It sad to be attached to something like that, but to get rid of it you must win it and I don't see that happening again for a long long time.

5 minutes ago, vel said:

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

Yeah I think that was Max's point.  He expected them to suck so they're not the most disappointing.  Stephen A was still severely disappointed tho.

Yeah, that was Max's point.

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Based on the talent on the offense. Matt Ryan was MVP a few years ago, Julio Jones, Alex Mack thats 3 possible HOFers still in their prime. Ridley and Sanu etc. It's not about the expectations its about the absolute waste of talent that they have. No team I can think of has had this kind of talent and been this consistently horrible. This isn't Andy Reid level waste, this is bottom of your division waste.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

18 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

It's so relaxing to cheer for a team that sucks terribly.  

Nothing like relaxing with a beer while in the background there are some nice check-down throws and defensive miscues.

Actually it is more relaxing now that I've embraced the suck. I know we wont make the post season so I am not as emotionally vested in being upset over the stupidity of the players or the coach. I also ended up watching soccer after we were down in the 3rd. I knew it was over. 

DogIsYourName and Dr Long Shot like this

10 minutes ago, vel said:

That's not accurate, most pundits had the Falcons highly ranked, some as dark horse for a superbowl. Consensus was at least a wild card spot. 

Peteshweddy and Jerz #Quinning like this

13 minutes ago, vel said:

Exactly

During the offseason, most people were saying the Saint would rule the NFCS with the Panthers being a factor based in how Cam's shoulder healed.

On the other hand, the Browns have been the most disappointing because all offseason they were being hyped up and forced down our throats as a serious contender for a SB run this season.

Houston we have a problem but neither Max or Stephen A have an answer or know what it is.

Thanks for the 3.30 min.s of my life I won’t get back.

40 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol what? We're 1-4 and plenty of analyst were aware of the injuries we had last year on defense. Most logical NFL fans expected the falcons to at least have a shot at the wildcard but instead we are one of the worst teams in the league. We are in Miami and Cincinnati territory of bad.

40 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Actually it is more relaxing now that I've embraced the suck. I know we wont make the post season so I am not as emotionally vested in being upset over the stupidity of the players or the coach. I also ended up watching soccer after we were down in the 3rd. I knew it was over. 

I was getting ready to watch the Braves.  Falcons are about to be delegated to “eh, I’ll check the score on my phone” while I do something else corner.

I tried to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt but letting Shanahan and Lafleur walk away was the back breaker. We never recovered from the SB and it’s pain-stakingly obvious. To hire Sarkisian, then Koetter, the curious case of Vic Beasley and for the defense to somehow get worse every year since is clear that coaching and staff management is most certainly the main issue. He needs to be fired along with his staff. The problem I have is who do you replace him with? Is there anyone out there available, this year or next with a better football mind?

I seriously would change teams if I were able to. The thing is, though... I'm not able to. I've been a fan of this team since I was 5 years old when my dad started taking me to games; 46 years. Unfortunately, for me, those idiots are in my blood. I can't shake them off. I'm stuck... and it's miserable as heck. 

octoslash likes this

2 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Lol what? We're 1-4 and plenty of analyst were aware of the injuries we had last year on defense. Most logical NFL fans expected the falcons to at least have a shot at the wildcard but instead we are one of the worst teams in the league. We are in Miami and Cincinnati territory of bad.

I'm not saying we don't suck. But you didn't see them talking about the Falcons on First Take. They were barely top ten in any pre-season power rankings. They were very much a middle of the road team that nobody really talked about. Drafting two OL doesn't incite sudden talk show discussion about your team. So saying they are disappointing and not living up to expectations when you didn't even set any is an easy cop out. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

1 minute ago, vel said:

I'm not saying we don't suck. But you didn't see them talking about the Falcons on First Take. They were barely top ten in any pre-season power rankings. They were very much a middle of the road team that nobody really talked about. Drafting two OL doesn't incite sudden talk show discussion about your team. So saying they are disappointing and not living up to expectations when you didn't even set any is an easy cop out. 

You’re 100% right. This is just a team the media loves to hate.

Drvillain likes this

Yes. I'm already done with them. I'll be prioritizing watching the 49ers until the Falcons have a wining record.