I just re-watched the Texans game....

E. T.

I'm sure everyone agrees the defense sticks out like a sore thumb....but why?

I re-watched the game and replayed numerous different defensive series, what I saw was my suspicion all along.... These players are absolutely playing with their heads up their aases! Several players, even ones we call vets or leaders are simply not getting it done! they were either out of position, not sticking to their assignments, poor tackling, poor angles, no communicating, no discipline, no awareness....etc, etc. 

It's bad, very bad. So bad that I doubt any coach, new or old, no matter who they are, will not be able to get much of any improvement out of this bunch. Scheme you say? These players seem to have difficulty understanding the basics!

I say we need to keep the rebuild going until we find our guys. We have a lot of players who are already regressing at a rapid rate. It happens, but we must keep things fresh as many good teams do. 

If you guys are able to rewatch, please do. It's very important that everyone watches closely at all of the mistakes and lack of effort put forth by our Falcon players. Its quite sad to see. 

We need fresh players asap to keep the motivation going. Those that are locked in contracts are suspects too. 

E. T. out. 

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

It's what happens when your trenches are pretty much undersized and they let everything through

I don't agree with this, I've observed outside of the Minnesota game the run defense has been pretty solid until the 4th qtr due to the defense being gassed by a combo of the offense taking so long to get going and the secondary not being able to get stops on 3rd down...they are on the field for a long time...they're not doing each other favors at all.

@E. T.

You didn't need to re-watch the game.

The phrase 'They didn't punt' or 'They scored every time they had the ball' captures everything you need to know.

Those phrases are in the extreme and they don't happen without a lot of people screwing up.... multiple times.

Everything you described is captured in those tiny two phrases.

Like say if I told you the offense only had 1 first down the entire game.  That pretty much sums up that it was a disaster of epic proportions.

No need to get a close up of the bomb going off... just seeing the aftermath tells you what you need to know.

Oh yeah.  This is the 2nd time it happened.  Can't forget to add that.

39 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I re-watched the game and replayed numerous different defensive series, what I saw was my suspicion all along.... These players are absolutely playing with their heads up their aases! Several players, even ones we call vets or leaders are simply not getting it done! they were either out of position, not sticking to their assignments, poor tackling, poor angles, no communicating, no discipline, no awareness....etc, etc. 

It's bad, very bad. So bad that I doubt any coach, new or old, no matter who they are, will not be able to get much of any improvement out of this bunch. Scheme you say? These players seem to have difficulty understanding the basics!

I say we need to keep the rebuild going until we find our guys. We have a lot of players who are already regressing at a rapid rate. It happens, but we must keep things fresh as many good teams do. 

If you guys are able to rewatch, please do. It's very important that everyone watches closely at all of the mistakes and lack of effort put forth by our Falcon players. Its quite sad to see. 

We need fresh players asap to keep the motivation going. Those that are locked in contracts are suspects too. 

E. T. out. 

Maybe we should keep Quinn and fire some of the players

39 minutes ago, E. T. said:

E. T. out. 

First off, congratulations for being able to watch that slaughter again!

Secondly, everything you describe sounds like an undisciplined team and that starts with the head coach. I think he likes being "one of the boys" too much, like he could be as  a coordinator.

Honestly, it all starts and stops with coaching. Look at Belichik, he doesn't always have the best players, but he coaches them up and doesn't take any crap. And yes I know about Brady, but overall the talent level of the Patriots doesn't rock the world. Oh yeah, they have a real smart GM!

Like any business, the leader sets the tone and Quinn is not the man to do it.

3 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

First off, congratulations for being able to watch that slaughter again!

Secondly, everything you describe sounds like an undisciplined team and that starts with the head coach. I think he likes being "one of the boys" too much, like he could be as  a coordinator.

Honestly, it all starts and stops with coaching. Look at Belichik, he doesn't always have the best players, but he coaches them up and doesn't take any crap. And yes I know about Brady, but overall the talent level of the Patriots doesn't rock the world. Oh yeah, they have a real smart GM!

Like any business, the leader sets the tone and Quinn is not the man to do it.

^ This. ^

What I noticed most was effort level. Looked like only two players on defense cared. Then what got me the most was the pick-6 Matt threw near the end of the game, look at the effort our guys made to try and make a tackle, none. Getting your guy's to play hard is a coach's job, that's why Quinn needs to go.

5 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons defense often looked confused pre-snap and out of position. Where are the leaders on D, and why is the communication so bad? This team is just spiraling out of control all the way to a loosing season.

Better tighten the season up!

:ninja: Sorry, had to do it! Lol