Urban Meyer as Falcons next head coach?

43 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Heard he was going to hang it up after this year and do television gigs.

Not really. Just wanted to scare you a little bit.  :lol:

That stuff doesn't scare me :lol:. Every year every reporter on TV says he is gonna retire/go to the nfl/back to LSU/ etc. Not a doubt in my mind that he will be Bamas coach until he decides to retire. Whenver that is lol

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We really are just throwing everything at the wall at this point huh???

Yall love finding names and then just throwing them out there. Someone go ahead and suggest Saban.

I’d take a can of Vienna Sausages over Quinn at this point.

I think the ideal candidate is a college hire from a program that doesn't have a major recruiting advantage and has shown the ability to compete with lower level athletes. I don't claim to know who that would be but I feel like that is the type of coach that we would need. Someone who can mold his schemes to cover up talent deficiencies.

It's my opinion that this is what the falcons have been lacking. The problem with grading someone like Saban or Urban Meyer is that they have a massive talent gap vs basically every team they are up against. Not to say they are bad coaches but that it makes them harder to evaluate.

Quinn has made some of ya'll forget what a head coach is.. Meyer has always had a good eye for talent and has had some very disciplined teams "on the field"..im awear of his players troubles off the field but these church boys we keep going after isnt winning us games.. Players respect Meyer and we need a leader as a head coach thatll let the oc and dc call the games

13 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Quinn has made some of ya'll forget what a head coach is.. Meyer has always had a good eye for talent and has had some very disciplined teams "on the field"..im awear of his players troubles off the field but these church boys we keep going after isnt winning us games.. Players respect Meyer and we need a leader as a head coach thatll let the oc and dc call the games

Meyer gets to pick 4 and 5 star players. Not hard to have an eye for talent when recruiting services does the hard job for you already. The NFL is a different beast. Players like playing for Urban cause he is a player coach. He covered up Aaron Hernandez "mistakes" at UF

They need an NFL experienced offensive minded coach, period. This isn't a rebuild. This team can't draft and lets face it as long as TD is still GM were ******. Offense is the strength build on it. How many once good D coaches and coordinators have come to Atlanta and died?? They've already pissed away the past 2 years and this year on idiotic coaching hires and once again Matt Ryan will have to learn a new offense.

Like why try to get Matt LeFleur to be the OC when you hired Sark and lets hire back Dirk who had a horrible offense in Tampa thats doing so much better this year without him! At this point they should grovel at Josh McDaniels feet or hire Mike McCarthy. Hiring a College coach would just further prove the front office has no idea what they are doing. There is multiple HOF talent on offense right now in their prime and it's just wasted. Even the Lions weren't this wasteful.

8 minutes ago, LiquidFalcon said:

They need an NFL experienced offensive minded coach, period. This isn't a rebuild. This team can't draft and lets face it as long as TD is still GM were ******. Offense is the strength build on it. How many once good D coaches and coordinators have come to Atlanta and died?? They've already pissed away the past 2 years and this year on idiotic coaching hires and once again Matt Ryan will have to learn a new offense.

Like why try to get Matt LeFleur to be the OC when you hired Sark and lets hire back Dirk who had a horrible offense in Tampa thats doing so much better this year without him! At this point they should grovel at Josh McDaniels feet or hire Mike McCarthy. Hiring a College coach would just further prove the front office has no idea what they are doing. There is multiple HOF talent on offense right now in their prime and it's just wasted. Even the Lions weren't this wasteful.

I have a feeling McCarthy or Jay Gruden will be our next head coach. Not advocating for either just what my gut tells me now. Dark horse pick is Rex Ryan

2 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

I have a feeling McCarthy or Jay Gruden will be our next head coach. Not advocating for either just what my gut tells me now. Dark horse pick is Rex Ryan

If they go defense coach again I just won't know what to do. Maybe hire some scouts who can scout defensive talent instead. I feel like they would hire Jay Gruden as well which just makes me want to vomit but I'm convinced they'll just let Dirk Koetter be the head coach which is just worse.

1 minute ago, LiquidFalcon said:

If they go defense coach again I just won't know what to do. Maybe hire some scouts who can scout defensive talent instead. I feel like they would hire Jay Gruden as well which just makes me want to vomit but I'm convinced they'll just let Dirk Koetter be the head coach which is just worse.

What's wrong with Jay?

24 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Meyer gets to pick 4 and 5 star players. Not hard to have an eye for talent when recruiting services does the hard job for you already. The NFL is a different beast. Players like playing for Urban cause he is a player coach. He covered up Aaron Hernandez "mistakes" at UF

I want to win, not hang out of the guy :shrug:

11 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

And that makes me bang my head against the wall.. Patriots will literally sign someone off death row.. But we've got to look for chior boys and hope they can play ball.. Smh is that really what the fans want? 

The head of the Patriots, Bill Belichick, has never did or condone anything like Urban has. You really can't even compare. Belichick didn't coverup for a murderer. Bill has disciplined. Urban has proven to have absolutely none. If you don't have discipline at the top you will fail. Lincoln Riley is the only college coach I would want 

He runs a spread option.  Might as well hire Paul Johnson.  I mean, sure, the QB in a spread throws the ball more, but it's the same basic concepts, and it won't work in the NFL.  You can run some read-option plays, but nobody is running a full blown spread option offense in the NFL.

Urban Meyer would not be able to coach in the NFL. Massive Rah-Rah guy. He takes jobs, lays waste to coaches, recruits and players. Claims "health issues" and runs for the hills. He will be back coaching once some other University wants to sell their souls for a chance at glory. He's just Petrino with a better history of making things go away.

Do you hire a coach who allegedly hid drug-test failures on the Florida sideline by having players wear walking boots so it looked like they were injured?

Do you hire a coach who proclaims respecting women is his No. 1 priority but allows star tailback Carlos Hyde to return to the team after just a three-game suspension when video evidence showed Hyde slapping a woman at a bar?

Do you hire a coach who did nothing after a star player (Percy Harvin) allegedly attacked one of his assistant coaches at Florida?

Do you hire a coach who had to visit a player's family in the middle of the season to make it right with them because he created an environment where an assistant, Smith, allegedly got into an altercation with the player, Trevon Grimes, and used a racial slur?