Urban Meyer as Falcons next head coach?

After a week of research, the one guy that seems to me to actually have potential to rebuild this team is Urban Meyer.. Ive just looked at the pros for potentially having him as a coach, would be interested in what yall may see as cons (besides lack of pro experience) 

187–32 record as a head coach

20 championships as a head coach

Woody Hayes Trophy (2004, 2012)

Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year (2004)

George Munger Award (2004)

Home Depot Coach of the Year (2004)

Pro Football Weekly National Coach of the Year (2004)

Victor Award (2004)

The Sporting News National Coach of the Year (2003)

Sports Illustrated Coach of the Decade (2009)

The Sporting News Coach of the Decade (2009)

2× MW Coach of the Year (2003, 2004)

MAC Coach of the Year (2001)

Is a defensive minded coach, but has never had a issue with allowing a oc to do his job 

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I repect you and your opinions, you do know the game.. How can you downplay Meyer as a head coach vs what we have in Quinn? At least Meyer has a successful history as a head coach 

The guy has never coached at the NFL level. There's a reason for that.

15 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

After a week of research, the one guy that seems to me to actually have potential to rebuild this team is Urban Meyer.. Ive just looked at the pros for potentially having him as a coach, would be interested in what yall may see as cons (besides lack of pro experience) 

187–32 record as a head coach

20 championships as a head coach

Woody Hayes Trophy (2004, 2012)

Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year (2004)

George Munger Award (2004)

Home Depot Coach of the Year (2004)

Pro Football Weekly National Coach of the Year (2004)

Victor Award (2004)

The Sporting News National Coach of the Year (2003)

Sports Illustrated Coach of the Decade (2009)

The Sporting News Coach of the Decade (2009)

2× MW Coach of the Year (2003, 2004)

MAC Coach of the Year (2001)

Is a defensive minded coach, but has never had a issue with allowing a oc to do his job 

Ryan wouldn't fit his system. Cam Newton? Dwayne Haskins? He may be the Redskins next HC.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Ryan wouldn't fit his system. Cam Newton? Dwayne Haskins? He may be the Redskins next HC.

I do get that, but Meyer is also young enough to have a potential 15 year career in the NFL.. Thats another huge factor i looked at, the age of a potential head coach.. Believe Meyer is like 55 

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Quinn had 10 years in the NFL before being Seattle's DC.

But not as a head coach, Meyer has been around football his entire career.. Even much longer than Quinn. Youll be hard pressed to find a successful NFL coach thats just going to walk away from a winning team and come to Atlanta. And with competent oc's and dc's a head coach can actually do his job disciplining a team and preparing it to win

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

But not as a head coach, Meyer has been around football his entire career.. Even much longer than Quinn. Youll be hard pressed to find a successful NFL coach thats just going to walk away from a winning team and come to Atlanta. And with competent oc's and dc's a head coach can actually do his job disciplining a team and preparing it to win

Again Meyer hasnt done it at the NFL level. Ever. He has never once coached in the NFL. It's a huge difference going from coaching kids to grown men who make more than you.

6 minutes ago, dothan_birdman said:

No. He has had “health issues” and tbh I don’t know if he has the desire to do it on a pro level. He’s talented yes, but he would have to desire it for long term. 

You were smart to put those health issues in quotations. I don't think it will be an issue on the professional level. 

You would also have to think that Meyer would do a good job at picking guys in the Draft

Edited by Drvillain

Why do you assume Meyer will take the job?  He left coaching because of medical & health issues.  It's also easier to coach impressionable kids than NFL millionaires as Saban found out.  In CFB it's all about recruiting 5-star talent to play in your system. Meyer won't have the luxury of filling his starting roster with 3 - 4 years of top 20 talent.