Deion Sanders: Bye Week Could Be "Bye Week" For DQ

PokerSteve

In a recent discussion following the rout at Houston, Deon Sanders did not mince words in predicting an early exit for Dan Quinn. Despite the support of Quinn expressed by Arthur Blank after the game, Sanders said, "When an owner says, 'You're fine,' that's what he truly believes. He wants you to be fine. But it's not the owner who gets you fired ~ it's the fans and the media who get you fired. When there ain't no butts in them seats and you see all those empty seats, and the chatter starts goin' on, and the team starts quitin' on you a little bit, there has to be a change."

"I do not believe this coaching staff will remain past week 8," Sanders predicted. Show host Chris Rose cited the rough schedule in the next four games vs the Rams, Seattle and then New Orleans heading into the bye week. "Bye may mean bye. It may mean bye for real" Sanders replied. In earlier comments Sanders said,"There's no way you can win games in the NFL giving up 30 ppg."

"When you pull up to the stadium, there's already 30 points on the dern scoreboard because that's what your defense is surrendering each game. Now how can you win with that?" Sanders spat out in disgust at the beginning of his rant.

Sanders said he'd been through HC firings and didn't like it. "I've been through this several times during my career and I hate seeing coaches get terminated because you have to uproot everybody. I hate it. I hate it. But, this is bad, man. This may happen. You're giving up 30 a game, man! Thirty a game!!" Sanders said.

I agree with Prime.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Deion has a point about them seats.

When the stadium is half empty by the 2nd home game?  Holy **** that’s a bad sign.

And then they follow it up with THAT?!

Yep. Empty seats and the media taking cheap shots at your organization every hour on the hour, you're going to get fired and you're going to get fired way before the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Seats are empty anyway. Always have been, unless United is playing LOL.

Sad but true. I hate that fans in this city can't fill our stadium. Pisses me off even more now we got about 50 stores and restaurants in the **** building for the fans that actually do show up to be at instead.

GA dome>Benz 

3 minutes ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

Sad but true. I hate that fans in this city can't fill our stadium. Pisses me off even more now we got about 50 stores and restaurants in the **** building for the fans that actually do show up to be at instead.

GA dome>Benz 

It’s true for More than half of franchises. Texans stadium was half empty at kick off. They got in to the game in 3rd quarter and got loud.

5 minutes ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

GA dome>Benz 

The serious design flaw in that building is having so many vantage points away from the seating area. Sure, build all the food courts and bars in the world, but design the place to where if you want to see the game, you have to go and sit in your seat.

Doesn't seem that complicated to me, and I'm hardly an architect.  

51 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

If you gonna fire mid season, fire now and try to salvage the season. Or just ride out the season with DQ.

Seeing Quinn get fired mid-season then having an interim coach rally the troops just in time to destroy our draft position would be the most Falcon thing ever.

6 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Seeing Quinn get fired mid-season then having an interim coach rally the troops just in time to destroy our draft position would be the most Falcon thing ever.

It’s more than Quinn, there would be lot of players and coaches in that locker room fighting for the jobs.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

If you gonna fire mid season, fire now and try to salvage the season. Or just ride out the season with DQ.

Actually doing the man a favor by firing him.  There's no question he's finished. The team isn't buying into him.  How many times do we have to put him in front of the media like that?   Put him out of his misery.

14 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

Actually doing the man a favor by firing him.  There's no question he's finished. The team isn't buying into him.  How many times do we have to put him in front of the media like that?   Put him out of his misery.

If the Falcons lose to Az, it will happen.

1 hour ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

GA dome>Benz 

You got to put a product on the field worth watching 

1 hour ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

GA dome>Benz 

Does it really surprise anyone that the demographics of Atlanta support Soccer more then football?

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

Seats are empty anyway. Always have been, unless United is playing LOL.

They know how to win and win big.

They know how to captivate their fan base.

They got championship to this city.

They are the city darlings always will be.

If falcons want to be accepted ...they better WIN Now! 

8 hours ago, poutlipper said:

No, let his butt ride this out. Continue to put him on display for the world to see. He created this,  let him wallow in it.

It can be his punishment for that 28-3 fiasco.

If AB does not fire Quinn at the Bye week and lets this team go 3-13 or something horrific like that then I think Ab needs to just sell the team.

It is quite clear right now that this team is one of the worst falcons teams in it's history, this team is more inept than 2007. And it's clear quinn has lost the team and things are only going to get worse and not better.

Firing Quinn allows us a bit of change and a bit of experimentation with the roster this year to see who can be depended on for the future. Players that sit around and don;t try after quinn is fired should be removed.

10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Thier is no salvaging this season with this current roster and coordinators. However it can be used to evaluate the roster and who really wants to be here next year.

10 hours ago, Dunn-Vick-Duckett said:

GA dome>Benz 

F anyone trying to blame the fans for this crap, the Falcons have a 53 year history of total crap and total disappointment. This franchise doesn't deserve the fans they do have.

You don't get a loyal fanbase for simply existing. This team has done NOTHING to garner a large loyal fan base. Also with the crappy PSL situation and how horrible this team is and how they ALWAYS rip the fans heart out when they are in the spot light they can go ride off to St Louis for all I care.

This entire franchise sucks and the fans are correct to avoid it.