Noodle arm edition: Bad throws by Ryan in 2019.

I have read that noodle arm is terrible this year making poor throws and his arm is shot. Let’s look at what the advanced passing stats say about the Noodle arm Ryan. 

Bad throws: 

It’s not uncommon for game managers with lower attempts to have less bad throws because they only make safe throws. Noodle arm leads NFL in pass attempts but is 4th in bad throws%.  Here is the complete list on where QBs stand on accuracy in 2019. 

ED1-E829-C-156-A-4-F5-F-A14-F-5-D046-CC2

C53-E8553-C2-D1-40-C2-B320-23-FACDB8-B1-

He also is second in first downs.

91-E6-A0-E4-FAA9-4-F54-8598-E36-F30-AC8-

9 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Besides the unusual number of INTs he's actually been playing about as good as he has been the last few years. If he can level off those INTs I imagine he'll be about as good as he was last year.

Yep. First two games he had 5 of those picks. It also helps if Receivers are running the correct routes.  He is trying to do too much and win it all by himself.

14 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

That can not be true.  Because he’s padding stats. Indy game needed a defense stop hmm  Ryan didn’t contain their offense.  Houston game needed a stop  hmmm Ryan couldn’t contain their offense    

/purple

He is under throwing, the arm is done.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ultimately Ryan at his best is when he has balance right now throwing 40 plus times a game isn’t it.

PA is his go and with teams not respecting our run game he’ll still put numbers up but Ws not so much.

It starts with D forcing one punt a game. The opposing team gets a stop or two and you are down by. 14 points. 

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

I actually think it starts when we have the balk we can actually move it on the ground.If we can’t we actually have a plan B.

It won’t make difference. You can run the ball all you want but the team gets behind because of bad defense. Scoring every drive needs falcons D on other side.

Ryan hasn’t played up to his usual standards but he has played well enough to win. The issue is that our other two units are among the worst in football. It is obvious that Quinn doesn’t prioritize special teams because we have sucked under two fairly good coaches.

Add in our awful defense and you make it so our offense has to play perfect. Unfortunately, they have not.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

It won’t make difference. You can run the ball all you want but the team gets behind because of bad defense. Scoring every drive needs falcons D on other side.

Matt Ryan’s strength is PA he’s at his best when he has a run game defense regardless Ryan’s better with an effective run game it’s shown his whole career.

No run game we are history regardless not with standing a plan B which these offensive coaches don’t have.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Matt Ryan’s strength is PA he’s at his best when he has a run game defense regardless Ryan’s better with an effective run game it’s shown his whole career.

No run game we are history regardless not with standing a plan B which these offensive coaches don’t have.

I agree about his strengths. The team is losing because of lack of Defense and ST. PA isn’t gonna save this team. Two punts by Falcons, you down by 14, good luck running the ball.

3 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Ryan hasn’t played up to his usual standards but he has played well enough to win. The issue is that our other two units are among the worst in football. It is obvious that Quinn doesn’t prioritize special teams because we have sucked under two fairly good coaches.

Add in our awful defense and you make it so our offense has to play perfect. Unfortunately, they have not.

Yep. The Falcons had many possessions inside 20 after a kickoff. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

I agree about his strengths. The team is losing because of lack of Defense and ST. PA isn’t gonna save this team. Two punts by Falcons, you down by 14, good luck running the ball.

Fast start will help if we start with a score off of the first possession.But again these offensive coaches can’t figure it out.

The only time I’ve seen this offense fire in a game was Colts 2nd half the rest of the year inconsistent to just straight up bad.

This team is just bad right now across the board.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Fast start will help if we start with a score off of the first possession.But again these offensive coaches can’t figure it out.

The only time I’ve seen this offense fire in a game was Colts 2nd half the rest of the year inconsistent to just straight up bad.

This team is just bad right now across the board.

Falcons scored first against Texans, started fast and ended fast with the defense in 3rd qtr. sure you can not pick on offense but it’s hard to overcome a historically one of the worst defenses.

fire DQ next week or just ride out season with him.

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons scored first against Texans, started fast and ended fast with the defense in 3rd qtr. sure you can not pick on offense but it’s hard to overcome a historically one of the worst defenses.

2nd possession 3 and out on the first one and if I’m not mistaken in the same game came out after halftime punting on its first 3 there aswell.

I don’t think this offense has scored off its first possession the whole season so far.

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

2nd possession 3 and out on the first one and if I’m not mistaken in the same game came out after halftime punting on its first 3 there aswell.

I don’t think this offense has scored off its first possession the whole season so far.

The point is they jumped in to the lead but D couldn’t hold it. I mean they lead at half time.

23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The point is they jumped in to the lead but D couldn’t hold it. I mean they lead at half time.

Yep and then proceeded to wet the bed punting 3 of those possessions the 3rd qtr.

The play calling blew dog as did the defense that held the Texans to 16 in that first half.

The issue is we are blowing it across the board.

We resourced that offensive side of the ball for This nah just nah.